EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I don't like when promotions do this. Didn't like Mercedes getting a title shot right out the gate. Didn't like Strong demanding a title shot, and receiving one by complaining to TK. I don't like Ethan Page getting a shot immediately after signing a contract.

Yeah I know, Page attacked him last week and Trick demanded it, still, I'm not a fan of this type of booking.

Last edited:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't like when promotions do this. Didn't like Mercedes getting a title shot right out the gate. Didn't like Strong demanding a title shot, and receiving one by complaining to TK. I don't like Ethan Page getting a shot immediately after signing a contract.

Yeah I know, Page attacked him last week and Trick demanded it, still, it's not a fan of this type of booking.

Agreed! It takes away from the value of the title. Whatever happened to earning title shots? It's like bookers are just too lazy nowadays to develop a story to get wrestlers in a position to earn their title shot.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Obviously the twist will be that Dom was playing Liv the whole time..
Nah, they're playing it so that Liv and Dom been plotting against Rhea all this time.
Remember that clip of Liv and Dom leaving from a room together in the background during a backstage interview a few weeks ago?
I guarantee that was purposely done and will be brought up when the shit hits the fan.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Instead of that pump kick she should learn how to do a drop kick. Imagine someone with her size doing a Okada style drop kick. Now that would be impressive.
No, there's no need for her to do so.
Her looks is what sells, not her moves and wrestling ability.
I'd much rather do a move that doesn't involve falling down and taking a bump over one that does.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know that view from the back is crazy.
:lol:at that dude who was overwhelmed.

wwe.gif
:lol:
Just realized all the women in that upcoming match are Black (or at least part Black) except for one.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Yeah I know, Page attacked him last week and Trick demanded it, still, I'm not a fan of this type of booking.

I definitely agree, in this instance as well but where I would disagree is when they bring in someone like Guillia, just one Google and you'll see her draped in so many championship belts she looks like a damn Japanese Christmas tree, her I don't mind getting an immediate shot.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I don't watch NXT like that, but are there any other LEGIT contenders for the title in NXT?
Seems like a lot of the NXT stars got called up during the draft so there's a big void (as Page mentioned in his promo) in terms of stars.
I'm not crazy about talent coming from other promotions and immediately getting title shots either but I can kind of understand in this situation.
NXT does need to sell their PLE coming up this weekend and Trick wrestling someone with a name accomplishes that.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed! It takes away from the value of the title. Whatever happened to earning title shots? It's like bookers are just too lazy nowadays to develop a story to get wrestlers in a position to earn their title shot.
I disagree I think with the right wrestler it doesnt devalue the title. We know Monet is the top female wrestler and got paid to be it. So I’d rather treat her a such rather than watch her face a few subpar matches against wrestlers we know she won’t lose to.

Now I don’t know nothing about Page. Seems there’s a nice little response to him but not sure if he qualifies as a “big name”…but it’s also NXT and they’re building up Trick.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I definitely agree, in this instance as well but where I would disagree is when they bring in someone like Guillia, just one Google and you'll see her draped in so many championship belts she looks like a damn Japanese Christmas tree, her I don't mind getting an immediate shot.
Yeah this is a good example. I don’t think Guillia should fight 3 or 4 matches against wrestlers we know she’s not gonna lose to just to get a title shot…it’s just wasted booking to me.

Now I feel different if they put the actual title on Page….

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I disagree I think with the right wrestler it doesnt devalue the title. We know Monet is the top female wrestler and got paid to be it. So I’d rather treat her a such rather than watch her face a few subpar matches against wrestlers we know she won’t lose to.

The difference is Mercedes was out of action for year then in her first match back it's a title shot? Not only that she wins and buries Willow in the process. Let's look at the logic in that. It's basically saying Mercedes is so great that she can take a year off and come back and beat one of your established babyfaces for a title just like that. Mercedes isn't that great. That would be more believable if Jamie Hayter did that more so than Mercedes.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The difference is Mercedes was out of action for year then in her first match back it's a title shot? Not only that she wins and buries Willow in the process. Let's look at the logic in that. It's basically saying Mercedes is so great that she can take a year off and come back and beat one of your established babyfaces for a title just like that. Mercedes isn't that great. That would be more believable if Jamie Hayter did that more so than Mercedes.

Also, it disrespect the other wrestlers on the roster that is there and put in the work!!...This type of booking is wrong!!

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But is she not suppose to be great? She was brought in to legitimize the women’s division. Losing to Sasha shouldn’t make Willow weak.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Lolz I always see Jamie Hayter mentioned as if she was some great talent but cannot name one memorable match she was in.

I know Shida. I know Baker. I know Thunder Rosa. Hell, I remember Abadon and I think she's the drizzling shits.

Hayter? Man I don't even know what she looks like.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But is she not suppose to be great? She was brought in to legitimize the women’s division.

She has a recognizable name from wrestling on the biggest platform in wrestling in WWE but she isn't great by any means in the ring. She's way overhyped. The way people carry on about her you would think she's Bull Nakano or Manami Toyota.

Losing to Sasha shouldn’t make Willow weak.

It absolutely does because Mercedes isn't that great.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She has a recognizable name from wrestling on the biggest platform in wrestling in WWE but she isn't great by any means in the ring. She's way overhyped. The way people carry on about her you would think she's Bull Nakano or Manami Toyota.

Facts!!..

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lolz I always see Jamie Hayter mentioned as if she was some great talent but cannot name one memorable match she was in.

I know Shida. I know Baker. I know Thunder Rosa. Hell, I remember Abadon and I think she's the drizzling shits.

Hayter? Man I don't even know what she looks like.

Jamie was the AEW Women's World Champion from the later part of 2022 to the mid part of 2023 before she got seriously hurt and had to drop the title. She has a great look, is fantastic in the ring and organically got over with fanbase. Her best match in AEW was against Shida.

Last edited:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Hold on when I say great I mean as far as this wrestling shit goes. Goldberg wasn’t great but in Wcw world he was a great wrestler. Mercedes in AEW is considered a great wrestler. Which is why they put the belt on her.

And yall are capping. She’s not flawless and I’m not a fan of her gimmick but she for sure is an asset to AEW and legitimizes the women’s division just off name alone.