XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She is though for the casuals. People who tune in to see familiar faces they know.
If AEW wants to grow and not remain stagnant they have to bring in known names from other places that casual fans are familiar with (and not just niche talent from Japan and indy promotions) and put them in big matches upon arrival while also developing their young/homegrown talent.
Having a Mercedes, who casual wrestling fans know, go to the back of the line in AEW and "earn her spot" in a weak AEW women's division makes no sense.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If AEW wants to grow and not remain stagnant they have to bring in known names from other places that casual fans are familiar with (and not just niche talent from Japan and indy promotions) and put them in big matches upon arrival while also developing their young/homegrown talent.
Having a Mercedes, who casual wrestling fans know, go to the back of the line in AEW and "earn her spot" in a weak AEW women's division makes no sense.
Exactly what I’m saying. Wrestling wise sure you can make the argument she’s not the best. But she’s their most popular female wrestler and hell she may be one of their most popular wrestlers in general man or woman. So to have her face 3 or 4 wrestlers we know she gonna beat is just tired booking. Im not a fan of his booking but I also can somewhat admire when bookers don’t bullshit the fans. Even if they decide to take the title off Swerve for Ospreay I will get it.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Why would AEW need to grow you fed mark!
Aew is in the best place it's ever been...

Look, There's literally dozens and dozens of AEW fans, what do you have to say about that bruv?

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

AEW is coming to Buffalo in a few weeks and I actually looked at tickets prices. I was thinking about taking my son but it's on a Wednesday night during exam week. Their prices are ignorant and the setup is hilarious. KeyBank Center (where the Buffalo Sabres play) is a 19000 seat arena ......still debating but not sure I want to spend the money since I'm not a big AEW fan. I may go just to take pics and clown ...

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AEW is coming to Buffalo in a few weeks and I actually looked at tickets prices. I was thinking about taking my son but it's on a Wednesday night during exam week. Their prices are ignorant and the setup is hilarious. KeyBank Center (where the Buffalo Sabres play) is a 19000 seat arena ......still debating but not sure I want to spend the money since I'm not a big AEW fan. I may go just to take pics and clown ...
Damn, that's a big arena to fill. They're gonna have hella empty seats and tarped off areas.
If you wait closer to the show, they'll probably have 2 for 1 tickets available for purchase.
I've been to 2 AEW PPVs (2 years ago and this past March) and had a good time and felt like I got my money's worth for the most part.
Not sure I would go to a Dynamite at this point though.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Exactly what I’m saying. Wrestling wise sure you can make the argument she’s not the best. But she’s their most popular female wrestler and hell she may be one of their most popular wrestlers in general man or woman. So to have her face 3 or 4 wrestlers we know she gonna beat is just tired booking. Im not a fan of his booking but I also can somewhat admire when bookers don’t bullshit the fans. Even if they decide to take the title off Swerve for Ospreay I will get it.

I still don't understand keeping Athena off of Dynamite. I get she's the ROH Women's champion, but you got Mark Briscoe on there. She would only be an asset to the division, especially with the injuries. As far as Swerve, just pull the trigger and take the title off of him, he ultimately wants it on Ospreay, so just fuckin do it. Finally got the world champ in the main event, shit started at 9:50 on a show that's "scheduled" to end at 10.....but the Bucks and Jericho....all over the show all night....

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He should go only if WWE is offering him more money. From a booking standpoint he won't be booked any better than AEW. Nobody is putting the World strap on him.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Lol go chant cm punk!

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
He should go only if WWE is offering him more money. From a booking standpoint he won't be booked any better than AEW. Nobody is putting the World strap on him.

I like this guy, think he's a very talented luchador with a great look, but you're right He's probably better off at aew or even tna vs going to WWE, ultimately they'll probably just stick him in the background of the L.W.O. or the L.D.F. and waste his talent. Just look at richocet(fuck him Samantha Irvin should be with me) who isn't even allowed to wear his speed championship on the regular shows lol But money talks and he should definitely chase the cash wherever it takes him.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: You can't make this shit up. So Mercedes is gonna win her second belt in only her third match back. Please somehow make this match end in a draw. Stephanie deserves better than this shit. I know why they're putting the belts on Mercedes. I don't have to like it though.

Are you ok with Ospreay coming in right away and winning a title and a shot at the top title in such a short period of time? Same exact thing with Okada getting a belt with no buildup.

Why can't Banks do the same thing as them?

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Are you ok with Ospreay coming in right away and winning a title and a shot at the top title in such a short period of time? Same exact thing with Okada getting a belt with no buildup.

That's a solid point, especially taking into account that she's ten times as accomplished and ten times more known than both of them combined. Lol

drewmadara96

Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: You can't make this shit up. So Mercedes is gonna win her second belt in only her third match back. Please somehow make this match end in a draw. Stephanie deserves better than this shit. I know why they're putting the belts on Mercedes. I don't have to like it though.

True Story

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Damn, that's a big arena to fill. They're gonna have hella empty seats and tarped off areas.
If you wait closer to the show, they'll probably have 2 for 1 tickets available for purchase.
I've been to 2 AEW PPVs (2 years ago and this past March) and had a good time and felt like I got my money's worth for the most part.
Not sure I would go to a Dynamite at this point though.
I just checked the tickets again and those fuckers lowered them. Lolz they were like $55+ each a few weeks ago. Lolz I may just do it. Damn that's a whole lot of Arena that will be sectioned off.
Screenshot-20240606-194123-676.png

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Easily, shee reached the summit of her sport, they've only been in the g leagues. You can like whatever you like but acting otherwise is just silly.
Banks is the highest paid female in wrestling history. None of the other 4 horsewomen would have the balls to leave the 'E and make it on their own. They wouldn't survive. Banks went to Japan, did her thing then got hurt like she always does but she still got the bag from AEW and will be back in the WWE in a couple years an even bigger name.

Last edited: