EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
So this is basically a hobby/passion project/charity for him and not an actual business. Understood.
We joked about it before but he's really just Herb Abrams with a bigger bank account.

AEW is a damn near vanity project more than anything and I can't think talent, especially younger up and coming wrestlers who are about "the business" would want to sign/resign when the opportunity presents itself, especially if this is the owners mindset.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We joked about it before but he's really just Herb Abrams with a bigger bank account.

AEW is a damn near vanity project more than anything and I can't think talent, especially younger up and coming wrestlers who are about "the business" would want to sign/resign when the opportunity presents itself, especially if this is the owners mindset.

You would only sign if you can get a bag out of it.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor

Y'all say this like Vince loved pro wrestling and wasn't actively trying to turn the company into a movie studio lol

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
You would only sign if you can get a bag out of it.
Yep. I'm not mad at them if they do, they just have to do so and not expect much of a career afterwards, just look at folks like Brian Cage and Miro.

The Kamile signing is funny to me though....TK signed her just to keep her away from WWE and he hasn't done anything at all with her yet. Lolz she tweeted and deleted a complaint about it the other day.

Take TK for the money while you can but don't get mad if your career ain't going no where.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Y'all say this like Vince loved pro wrestling and wasn't actively trying to turn the company into a movie studio lol
Vince LOVED pro wrestling and entertainment. He saw Pro wrestling as a segment of the entertainment industry and wanted to grow an empire with pro wrestling as the foundation.

Big difference between Vince and Abrams (TK) is McMahon was a business man.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
Vince LOVED pro wrestling and entertainment. He saw Pro wrestling as a segment of the entertainment industry and wanted to grow an empire with pro wrestling as the foundation.

You talking about the same Vince that banned the very phrase "pro wrestling" from being uttered around his product? The same guy that wants us to believe no other feds exist beyond the one other major competitor he bought and owned the rights to? I'm sure he loved the spectacle and what it's afforded him but there's very little Vince did for the health of the business of wrestling itself.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
You talking about the same Vince that banned the very phrase "pro wrestling" from being uttered around his product? The same guy that wants us to believe no other feds exist beyond the one other major competitor he bought and owned the rights to? I'm sure he loved the spectacle and what it's afforded him but there's very little Vince did for the health of the business of wrestling itself.
Replace 'pro wrestling' with 'sports entertainment' and my point still stands.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So this is basically a hobby/passion project/charity for him and not an actual business. Understood.
Basically. Has to shake up the wrestlers there and you gotta hope he doesn’t lose interest. Seems like a good guy as far as having the money and the love for wrestling. But even the richest man hates losing money so it makes you wonder will he ever feel that from investors basically funding a passion project.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah his love for wrestling I never questioned. His love was probably one of his biggest downfalls aside from being a piece of shit.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I always thought that. That's why I never understood why people would get mad about how he runs his company, using his family's money. I get it, that Tony sometimes confuses things by talking up the business aspects of it. But this i all fun and games to him. I don't fell bad for the talent because they are still getting paid and getting exposure.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I always thought that. That's why I never understood why people would get mad about how he runs his company, using his family's money. I get it, that Tony sometimes confuses things by talking up the business aspects of it. But this i all fun and games to him. I don't fell bad for the talent because they are still getting paid and getting exposure.
Yeah I don’t think the wrestlers believe that though. Too many guys bleed wrestling there to play the role of action figure for him.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mastermind2002, They had wrestle twice on AEW....They wrestle on Dynamite one time to promote that movie about their family!!..Also, they wrestle on Rampage or Collision(I don't remember) with Dustin Rhodes as their partner!!...

Those two are great in the ring and have the Von Erich presence. They should have been signed. Great for a tag team, and eventually singles.

Last edited:

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Damn who is that on the right over there?
Younger sister Jenni.

IMG_20220628_141947_73862b61096749545b8e4390d90aa46fd53.jpg

PicsArt_01-11-10.58.44faec117829dd0fff.png

IMG_20221208_172511_5270ff63201cbfca2c1.jpg

HHFTRHP7af65493436c4c53.jpg

2999x3999_a0d436a48bdc485037cd134309396ddcf6b610d9b60a84ec.jpg

1032527453942484885333414785518172302042a5cd7684cd73529.jpg

IMG_20221112_052607974517e96c2ac903.jpg

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I went back and watched this week AEW Dynamite show!!...It was a good show!!....The opening segment with MJF was cool!!..You know when MJF have a segment, it's always good!!...The 4-way match was ok!!....The match with Blackpool Combat Club vs CMLL was good!!...Good to see Wheeler Yuta is back!!...The Women's match with Mariah May vs Saraya was good to watch!!...The main event match with Swerve vs Roderick Strong was good!!..

Overall, it was a good show!!..

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Willow/Statlander feud starts to cook.

Brother Mastermind2002, I have a question??....You think if Jamie Hayter or Britt Baker is not ready to wrestle and doesn't come back this year and they want to take the belt off Toni Storm..You think they will put the Women's World Title Belt on Willow??..

Last edited:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: You can't make this shit up. So Mercedes is gonna win her second belt in only her third match back. Please somehow make this match end in a draw. Stephanie deserves better than this shit. I know why they're putting the belts on Mercedes. I don't have to like it though.

Once again it will be on some BS!!...

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I DON'T AGREE with TK putting belts on Ospreay and Okada quick either. I've NEVER liked that style of booking.

Yep, TK should have done Ospreay, Okada, and Mercedes Mone like he did Adam Copeland!!..Let them wrestle a couple of matches. lose one or two matches and build them up to get a title belt!!..That's how TK should have done it

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Those two are great in the ring and have the Von Erich presence. They should have been signed. Great for a tag team, and eventually singles.

I agree with you!!...They will be a good look for the Tag Team Division as AEW!!...I hope they will get signed