EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Tuned in to see the main event. That Ospreay/Fenix match just dragged on. Too much choreography and not enough wrestling.

The camera work was bad too, showing Ospreay clearly missing that Swerve stomp and the hidden blade. I would think by now AEW would have better production value with how they film their matches hiding moves that clearly miss, especially finishing moves.....

Last edited:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tuned in to see the main event. That Ospreay/Fenix match just dragged on. Too much choreography and not enough wrestling.

The camera work was bad too, showing Ospreay clearly missing that Swerve stomp and the hidden blade. I would think by know AEW would have better production value with how they film their matches hiding moves that clearly miss, especially finishing moves.....

I didn't think the Fenix/Ospreay match dragged at all but I do agree with you on the camera work. AEW has got to get better in that department. I think NJPW does the best camera work in the business. All their stuff looks like you're watching a real sport.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I didn't think the Fenix/Ospreay match dragged at all but I do agree with you on the camera work. AEW has got to get better in that department. I think NJPW does the best camera work in the business. All their stuff looks like you're watching a real sport.
I hate spot fests.

I'm just not a fan when they trade moves that should incapacitate one another. I lose interest in a match when they just trade high flying moves after another. It becomes a spot fest and thus just drags the match down. I was waiting for the "wrap it up" music to start playing.

I agree with you on NJPW camera work, they do a phenomenal job.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm convinced Ricochet resigned....when has WWE ever done something like this for a star who was leaving?

That does feel like Ricochet was or is working everybody.

Solomonster said that while he'd fit in well with AEW, his style is unique in WWE and in AEW he may not stand out..

I'm wondering if that entered his mind as well.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only thing I want in wrestling is for someone to randomly say Joe Hendry's name during the Rumble :lol:
I'm completely out of the loop with this Joe Hendry guy. What is the big deal about him and why is everyone talking about him?
That does feel like Ricochet was or is working everybody.

Solomonster said that while he'd fit in well with AEW, his style is unique in WWE and in AEW he may not stand out..

I'm wondering if that entered his mind as well.
They sure do seem to be doing a lot for a guy who is supposedly on his way out.
I'm still about 50/50 on whether he's leaving or staying.
I did see that Samantha posted a picture of them both together yesterday with ol' Rick looking like nothing is wrong.
If he was staying I'm thinking why would she post that picture and completely kill the storyline and kayfabe?

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I'm completely out of the loop with this Joe Hendry guy. What is the big deal about him and why is everyone talking about him?

I did see that Samantha posted a picture of them both together yesterday with ol' Rick looking like nothing is wrong.
If he was staying I'm thinking why would she post that picture and completely kill the storyline and kayfabe?

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I explained what a receipt is to a nigga who barely knows anything about pro wrestling and he immediately picked up on the concept and immediately understood why "protecting your opponent" is important.

So in this case, I'm taking the word of a member of the Hart wrestling family who was trained by Stu Hart over a muscled-up former football player who only got the job because he had a great look.

Goldberg should have either

- Pulled the kick better so Bret didn't eat it completely
- Did the kick in a different sequence of moves instead of doing it to Bret as he's coming back off the rope and essentially running into it

Or somebody backstage should have had Goldberg practice the kick on somebody (William Regal comes to mind) and see if he can pull it off without taking somebody out.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
She knew what she was doing (and the reaction it would get) when she posted that picture yesterday.
Normally she posts a thirst pic on Wednesdays but she chose to post that old picture instead.
Now I'm a little more convinced that Ric might be staying now.
I agree.

I really don't think he's leaving just off the fact they involved Irvin in the story AND posted about it on social media.

When Edge left, yeah he had his match and moment in Toronto against Seamus but I don't recall WWE making a big story out of it outside of their TV show.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree.

I really don't think he's leaving just off the fact they involved Irvin in the story AND posted about it on social media.

When Edge left, yeah he had his match and moment in Toronto against Seamus but I don't recall WWE making a big story out of it outside of their TV show.
One thought I had is that maybe they're getting married and going on a honeymoon and this is WWE's way of writing them both off TV until they both return.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
One thought I had is that maybe they're getting married and going on a honeymoon and this is WWE's way of writing them both off TV until they both return.
I didn't even think of that. That would make the best sense. Irvin is in Scotland though, so she isn't being written off TV entirely.

Sidenote, although people for some reason shit on Bully/Bubba Ray but the way he would book this would be perfect.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't even think of that. That would make the best sense. Irvin is in Scotland though, so she isn't being written off TV entirely.

Sidenote, although people for some reason shit on Bully/Bubba Ray but the way he would book this would be perfect.

Man, I love Bully Ray and his honesty on Busted Open. He's got a great mind for the business.
He's even offered to help TK book AEW for free, but of course, TK is too proud/dumb to take him up on his offer.
There's very few guys out there doing podcasts who are openly critical about today's product (maybe just him and Cornette) because they're all low-key angling for a job like a Tommy Dreamer. I can't stand listening to Tommy Dreamer on the show.
I never cared for him as a wrestler or character and he's always blowing everyone on AEW and WWE and how everything is 'great'.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor

Joe Hendry uses a lot of comedic bits and song parodies in his programs.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

- Did the kick in a different sequence of moves instead of doing it to Bret as he's coming back off the rope and essentially running into it

Or somebody backstage should have had Goldberg practice the kick on somebody (William Regal comes to mind) and see if he can pull it off without taking somebody out.
If he had kicked Regal as hard as he kicked Bret.. (Regal: OHH!! :lol: )

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Coming off of a ppv with no NBA playoffs and Cody on the show and the number is down from last week. The Undisputed World Champion gave you no boost at all. I expected at least 800k. With that said it STILL might beat Dynamite as tonight is game 3 of the NBA Finals.

Lmao imagine having to compare your wrestling brand of choices numbers to the C show of WWE to feel good about their numbers :giggle: to quote Logan Paul's favorite president...sad....

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lmao imagine having to compare your wrestling brand of choices numbers to the C show of WWE to feel good about their numbers :giggle: to quote Logan Paul's favorite president...sad....

Meh, I don't find it sad at all. One company has been around for 5 years and the other company has been around for 40 plus years. With that head start AEW will NEVER beat WWE in ratings no matter what. WWE is to wrestling what McDonald's is to hamburgers. You can come up with the best burger ever but you're still not going to sell more burgers than McDonald's.

NXT is more comparable to AEW as it hasn't been around as long (2010) as the WWE brand that's why such comparisons are made. It's all relative though as in rhe future all wrestling will probably be moving the streaming anyway where rating comparisons won't matter.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As predicted NXT beat AEW in the ratings. With game 3 of the NBA FInals last night Dynamite dropped all the way to high 600k. It should climb back up next week as the NBA Playoffs will be over.

I read the NBA did 11mill last night. Shessh.

Last edited:

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I explained what a receipt is to a nigga who barely knows anything about pro wrestling and he immediately picked up on the concept and immediately understood why "protecting your opponent" is important.

So in this case, I'm taking the word of a member of the Hart wrestling family who was trained by Stu Hart over a muscled-up former football player who only got the job because he had a great look.

Regal was gone by then? Goldberg failed at talking to Bret after the spot before the spear. A total clusterfuck since Bret lost his brother a year or two before