XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As predicted NXT beat AEW in the ratings. With game 3 of the NBA FInals last night Dynamite dropped all the way to high 600k. It should climb back up next week as the NBA Playoffs will be over.

I read the NBA did 11mill last night. Shessh.

NXT beating AEW was far from being "predictable" as evidenced from Bryan Alvarez's tweet.
Yes, there was NBA Finals, blah blah blah but sooner or later NXT is going to catch up to Dynamite if things don't improve in AEW.
Folks act like the NBA Finals is this hot new program that just started airing this year, lol.
Bottom line is NXT is getting more buzz while AEW remains flat at best.

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
NXT beating AEW was far from being "predictable" as evidenced from Bryan Alvarez's tweet.
Yes, there was NBA Finals, blah blah blah but sooner or later NXT is going to catch up to Dynamite if things don't improve in AEW.
Folks act like the NBA Finals is this hot new program that just started airing this year, lol.

Cats keep mentioning the NBA Finals as if they never went up against the Finals in previous years....welp. What's so different this year? The damn Celtics/Mavs series hasn't been competitive at all.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
LMAO...when I said earlier this week that this match dragged on, this here is an example of why. Just fucking fight. Enough of this floppy floppy shit.

Shit is so lame, it looks like two friends doing a dance routine. What happened to selling and investing the audience in what's supposed to feel like a real battle between two people.

This is some 90s power rangers bullshit.

This is why these losers will never draw until they learn to put all this skills to good use, clearly they're athletic and can do a shit ton of moves, but what good is that if it's used for acrobatic spot fest gymnastic routines. Imagine will ospraey if he learned to work at the pace of a Shawn Michaels. He'd be great, instead it's this bogus bullshit.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cats keep mentioning the NBA Finals as if they never went up against the Finals in previous years....welp. What's so different this year? The damn Celtics/Mavs series hasn't been competitive at all.

I guess the real test will be next week's Dynamite when there will be no NBA Finals to compete with and no more excuses.
TK will probably have another "HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT" along with "5-star bangers" for next week's show, lol.
LMAO...when I said earlier this week that this match dragged on, this here is an example of why. Just fucking fight. Enough of this floppy floppy shit.

I get there's an audience for this type of "wrestling" (which is now shrinking by the week) but I'm sorry this is not real wrestling.
If I wanna watch guys just do flips for 20+ minutes I'll just go to a Cirque du Soleil show.
Can you imagine going to a Cirque du Soleil show and the acrobats all of a sudden start cutting promos on each other and punching and body slamming each other? That's the same way I feel watching a lot of these "wrestling" matches.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I guess the real test will be next week's Dynamite when there will be no NBA Finals to compete with and no more excuses.
TK will probably have another "HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT" along with "5-star bangers" for next week's show, lol.

I get there's an audience for this type of "wrestling" (which is now shrinking by the week) but I'm sorry this is not real wrestling.
If I wanna watch guys just do flips for 20+ minutes I'll just go to a Cirque du Soleil show.
Can you imagine going to a Cirque du Soleil show and the acrobats all of a sudden start cutting promos on each other and punching and body slamming each other? That's the same way I feel watching a lot of these "wrestling" matches.
I find it ironic that many cats, some within this very thread, cape so hard for AEW were fans of the old NWA/WCW Bill Watts style of wrestling where matches came across like real fights, only for them to turn around and love this acrobatic stuff.

I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I misspoke. I should've said "AS I" predicted which I did a week ago.

No arguments with you there.
AEW must improve.

No, people are just saying it plays a factor and shouldn't be downplayed. The same way nobody should shit on a Raw rating when it goes up against NFL Monday Night Football.

Apparently all the buzz NXT has generated even putting the Undisputed champion on the show couldn't get it to 800k viewers with no NBA.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I find it ironic that many cats, some within this very thread, cape so hard for AEW were fans of the old NWA/WCW Bill Watts style of wrestling where matches came across like real fights, only for them to turn around and love this acrobatic stuff.

I just don't get it.

Me personally I didn't JUST watch old NWA/WCW. I watched New Japan, All Japan, etc. I broadened my horizons and didn't get stuck to liking one thing. That's what I don't get with a lot of people in this thread. The narrow mindedness. It's like you're not allowed to like more than one thing. It has to be this all or the other type of mindset.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I misspoke. I should've said "AS I" predicted which I did a week ago.

No arguments with you there.
AEW must improve.

No, people are just saying it plays a factor and shouldn't be downplayed. The same way nobody should shit on a Raw rating when it goes up against NFL Monday Night Football.

Apparently all the buzz NXT has generated even putting the Undisputed champion on the show couldn't get it to 800k viewers with no NBA.
You keep bringing up "800k viewers" like that was some kind of make or break number that NXT needed to reach in order to be successful.
NXT has its own TV deal in place for the next 5 years on broadcast TV. They're in a good spot right now.
Meanwhile AEW still doesn't have a new TV deal presumably because any interested networks are low-balling their offers due to declining ratings.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You keep bringing up "800k viewers" like that was some kind of make or break number that NXT needed to reach in order to be successful.

I just expected that number considering two weeks prior they were in the high 700k. I thought having the Undisputed World Champion on the program would logically boost the rating in the 800k's. Apparently that didn't happen. The champ didn't move the needle at all. It was an observation. Not a slight toward NXT. I think NXT getting 700k is fantastic.

NXT has its own TV deal in place for the next 5 years on broadcast TV. They're in a good spot right now.

Who's disputing that?

Meanwhile AEW still doesn't have a new TV deal presumably because any interested networks are low-balling their offers due to declining ratings.

No TK wants TV and streaming rights together under the same umbrella. This means ..

1. New TV deal
2. AEW's tape library to MAX streaming
3. AEW's ppvs exclusive to MAX streaming

A lot more moving parts than JUST a new tv deal. If it was just about tv the deal would've been done already. We'll know more toward the end of the summer when WBD's exclusive negotiation window ends. If a deal is reached it probably will be announced sometime in the fall.

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just expected that number considering two weeks prior they were in the high 700k. I thought having the Undisputed World Champion on the program would logically boost the rating in the 800k's. Apparently that didn't happen. The champ didn't move the needle at all. It was an observation. Not a slight toward NXT. I think NXT getting 700k is fantastic.

Who's disputing that?

No TK wants TV and streaming rights together under the same umbrella. This means ..

1. New TV deal
2. AEW's tape library to MAX streaming
3. AEW's ppvs exclusive to MAX streaming

A lot more moving parts than JUST a new tv deal. If it was just about tv the deal would've been done already. We'll know more toward the end of the summer when WBD's exclusive negotiation window ends. If a deal is reached it probably will be announced sometime in the fall.

In Vince Russo voice "AEW just not hitting bro" we're scaling back unless Shad wants to fold

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I wouldn't say flat, it just doesn't cater to or look to bring in new fans.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who you telling?

dReP9flf_o.jpg

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched this week AEW Dynamite!!...It was a cool and entertaining show this week!!...The opening segment with Swerve and The Elite was alright..I see they are about to have the Blood and Guts Match soon!!.. :yes: ...The first match of the show with Jack Perry vs Dustin Rhodes was good!!..That segment with MJF and Rush was good..That match with them on next week Dynamite should be a good match!!..I like that trios match with Orange Cassidy, Kyle O'Reilly, and Mark Briscoe vs Takeshita, Roderick Strong, and Kyle Fletcher....To me, that was the best match of the show!!...:yes:...I went to my kitchen and grab some food and pour a glass of whiskey when that Jericho segment came on!!..:lol:..Nobody wants to see that BS!!.....The main event match with Ospreay vs Ray Fenix cool..I kinda knew how that match was going to be but it was still a good match to watch!!...That moment with Swerve and Ospreay at the end was good!!...They are about to put on a damn good match at Forbidden Door!!..Can't wait to see that!!

It was a entertaining Dynamite show this week!!

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good match between Fenix and Ospreay and I liked the post match showdown between Swerve and Ospreay. I think Swerve beats Ospreay at "Forbidden Door" but turns heel in the process.

Yeah, that moment Swerve and Ospreay at the end was nice!!....But I don't think they are going to turn Swerve to a heel again yet..I think Ospreay will turn heel first before Swerve!!...

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Cody match was great

WTF was that, having them drop it to those no face no name losers because they're in Scotland gtfoh. Super lame.

Also stop having jade try things like springboards off the top rope lmao just let her be a tank until she gets better, they're throwing too much at her at once.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Cody match was great

WTF was that, having them drop it to those no face no name losers because they're in Scotland gtfoh. Super lame.

Also stop having jade try things like springboards off the top rope lmao just let her be a tank until she gets better, they're throwing too much at her at once.

That was the only way they were gonna get those titles off of them. They're probably going to get them back soon.

Yeah, we don't need Jade doin unnecessary shit lol