wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Saturday Night's Main Event is my first ever wrestling memory from the late 80s.
I remember being over at my parents' friends' house and seeing it come on one Saturday night.
All I remember was Andre the Giant and Hogan were on, but I've been hooked ever since.
That NBC production was top notch back in the day.
I remember the first time seeing it was after hearing it get promoted during the show end credits of Amen lol. It was Hogan vs Orndorff.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Just got home from Dynamite/Collision. It was my first live wrestling show in years and although I'm not a huge fan of AEWs television shows, being there live was a totally different experience.

The crowd was into the show and although the arena was only a quarter of the way full (it was a 19000 seat arena for fucks sake), the crowd was much louder than I expected.

I said it earlier but AEW fans are a sloppy bunch. They just look like misfits, the weird people most normal or "cool kids" avoided in High School.

That aside, my son and I had a great time. He's not really into wrestling, shocked I know, but little by little he's becoming a fan.

The show was fun, and I have to give it to AEW, they did put on a good two hours of wrestling. I wish their production was better, the first segment where Swerve was onscreen, no audio was piped into the arena. Various other backstage segments, the audio was difficult to hear too.

I wish AEW did a better job educating their fans in attendance on who these random Japanese and Mexican wrestlers were. So many came out tonight that just had the crowd wondering who the fuck they were. We left Collision early because fuck all that and but before we left, some Rhino looking dude came out and man handled Samoa Joe. People on the audience thought it was Rhino but he had a weird rectangular NJPW belt with him.

That's another thing, I commented way back that AEW has too many belts in their presentation and damn, if every match tonight saw a wrestler or two carrying multiple belts to the ring....

It kind of made Swerve's belt not as important if everyone on the program has a belt lolz. Not that it matters, cause Ospreay is taking it from him.

Overall, I give my live AEW Dynamite experience a solid 8/10.

I wouldn't have been mad if I paid for my tickets. Glad I didn't but I still would have been satisfied. I'll catch the end of Collision to find out who the fat ass masked wrestler who attacked Mercedes was after the Stephanie Vaquer match was. I thought it was that big booty Mexican woman posted here last week. Wasn't sure though.

Last edited:

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Just got home from Dynamite/Collision. It was my first live wrestling show in years and although I'm not a huge fan of AEWs television shows, being there live was a totally different experience.

The crowd was into the show and although the arena was only a quarter of the way full (it was a 19000 seat arena for fucks sake), the crowd was much louder than I expected.

I said it earlier but AEW fans are a sloppy bunch. They just look like misfits, the weird people most normal or "cool kids" avoided in High School.

That aside, my son and I had a great time. He's not really into wrestling, shocked I know, but little by little he's becoming a fan.

The show was fun, and I have to give it to AEW, they did put on a good two hours of wrestling. I wish their production was better, the first segment where Swerve was onscreen, no audio was piped into the arena. Various other backstage segments, the audio was difficult to hear too.

I wish AEW did a better job educating their fans in attendance on who these random Japanese and Mexican wrestlers were. So many came out tonight that just had the crowd wondering who the fuck they were. We left Collision early because fuck all that and but before we left, some Rhino looking dude came out and man handled Samoa Joe. People on the audience thought it was Rhino but he had a weird rectangular NJPW belt with him.

That's another thing, I commented way back that AEW has too many belts in their presentation and damn, if every match tonight saw a wrestler or two carrying multiple belts to the ring....

It kind of made Swerve's belt not as important if everyone on the program has a belt lolz. Not that it matters, cause Ospreay is taking it from him.

I wouldn't have been mad if I paid for my tickets. Glad I didn't but I still would have been satisfied. I'll catch the end of Collision to find out who the fat ass masked wrestler who attacked Mercedes was after the Stephanie Vaquer match was. I thought it was that big booty Mexican woman posted here last week. Wasn't sure though.
Great review brother EPDC....too bad you couldn't change the channel on the Bucks and Jericho....

Last edited:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Made it!
IMG-20240626-191933571.jpg

The main thing is that you and your son had good time!!.:thumbsup:..Like I said, It's nothing like going to see a live Wrestling Event..It doesn't matter what wrestling company it is!!.. :yes:

WOW, I'm still in shocked that the brother @EPDC when to a live AEW Dynamite show!!...:lol:......Man, I need to go to my mini bar in my kitchen and grab The Johnny Walker Black Scotch and have a drink to celebrate this moment!!...:cheers:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The main thing is that you and your son had good time!!.:thumbsup:..Like I said, It's nothing like going to see a live Wrestling Event..It doesn't matter what wrestling company it is!!.. :yes:

WOW, I'm still in shocked that the brother @EPDC when to a live AEW Dynamite show!!...:lol:......Man, I need to go to my mini bar in my kitchen and grab The Johnny Walker Black Scotch and have a drink to celebrate this moment!!...:cheers:
Dynamite was a “damn good” show.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah if you’re a casual viewer of AEW like I am I don’t know what the hell going on everyone got a belt and everyone wrestle in different promotions….not sure if that’s a criticism it’s just a departure from the typical wrestling program. That kind of diluted boxing too. Everyone got a belt in boxing an when they did that it hurt boxing.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Yeah if you’re a casual viewer of AEW like I am I don’t know what the hell going on everyone got a belt and everyone wrestle in different promotions….not sure if that’s a criticism it’s just a departure from the typical wrestling program. That kind of diluted boxing too. Everyone got a belt in boxing an when they did that it hurt boxing.
Great point. That's exactly how it feels.

WWE is slightly guilty of this too, but I give them more grace due to they actually having two "brands" that for the most part, their belts are associated with.

Having less belts makes them more important but with bloated rosters AND including talent from other promotions, it just creates a confusing presentation if everyone has a belt.

The top prize in the company ain't really the top prize if damn near everyone else has a prize of their own

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
:inlove: There's no "R" in Wembley Stadium but that's okay. Mina's got the best English of any Joshi out there. In regard to speaking English I would say it's ...

1. Mina
2. Giulia
3. Hikaru Shida

Shida be sounding like a whole American every 3rd or 4th word. She gotta be first lol

You know that's a "who I'm fuckin" in order list :lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great point. That's exactly how it feels.

WWE is slightly guilty of this too, but I give them more grace due to they actually having two "brands" that for the most part, their belts are associated with.

Having less belts makes them more important but with bloated rosters AND including talent from other promotions, it just creates a confusing presentation if everyone has a belt.

The top prize in the company ain't really the top prize if damn near everyone else has a prize of their own
Yeah WWE has that issue too but they at least got the two brands and a lot of talent to not make it look as bad. AEW got 20 belts on the program a week and I can’t even tell which is the most important one. Though I think lately they got Swerve looking like a champ finally.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Damn, he had so much potential but got lost in the mix with so many moving parts at NXT.

Wish him well, I can see him in TNA or AEW.

Never liked this guy, he always came off as a weirdly old looking young dude who tried too hard, I think he has more of a aew vibe, he'll end up there and I think he'll be better off there. He was never going to make it in wwe, way too bland.