Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What has TK done for AAA lately though?

Nothing because AAA is a shitshow and TK wants no part of that dumpster fire anymore. Hence why he's moved on to a partnership with CMILL. It's not TK's fault Konnan can't book worth a damn. All of AAA's Triplemania shows these past years have been dogshit. It shouldn't take a Kenny Omega to make your show relevant. The same criticisms people have with TK's booking it's even worse with Konnan. TK sent Konnan the talent. He fumbled most of it. That's on him. Why should TK continue to send more talent down there? Get your shit together.

I can't say any promotion that AEW has worked with benefited from that partnership equally. It was always a one sided affair.

I disagree. New Japan has benefited, AAA benefited, CMILL has benefited and Stardom has benefited. The only partnership that would objectively say was one sided was the one with TNA.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Lolz TK has signed away/poached numerous talent from AAA, New Japan, CMLL, and Stardom. How'd that benefit them?
Because AEW! That's why.

Same as it would have been if they signed Stephanie Vaquer then she would have been a game changer

Same as when they had jade and then she was a physical specimen and now she's a botch artist.

Hell I would love to see what they would have said about oceanspray if he would have signed with WWE lol

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lolz TK has signed away/poached numerous talent from AAA, New Japan, CMLL, and Stardom. How'd that benefit them?

None of those promotions have the money to resign anyone. How is that TK's fault? Those promotions are benefited by getting exposure to an American audience from shows like "Forbidden Door" and having their talent featured on Dynamite/Rampage/Collision. In January AEW will be apart of another joint show with New Japan, CMILL and Stardom in JAPAN. Then at some point in the future they'll do another joint show in Mexico.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
None of those promotions have the money to resign anyone. How is that TK's fault?
So the fact that TK is overpaying talent to leave these promotions isn't his fault? NJPW, CMLL, AAA, Stardom cannot compete with TKs bank account. It's like being ok with Walmart putting their feet on the necks of mom & pop shops. AEW is Walmart in this example.
Those promotions are benefited by getting exposure to an American audience from shows like "Forbidden Door" and having their talent featured on Dynamite/Rampage/Collision.
Like how Walmart allows other brands to be sold in their stores, people aren't shopping for brand names at Walmart. They are buying up Great Value products. Same with "Forbidden Door." American audiences don't give a fuck about random Japanese and Mexican wrestlers. Hell, AEW's Great Value talent have said as much on their TV.
In January AEW will be apart of another joint show with New Japan, CMILL and Stardom in JAPAN. Then at some point in the future they'll do another joint show in Mexico.
And how does that benefit Mexican and Japanese wrestling fans? "Oh, let's show you the talent we signed away from you guys, who are now wrestling for our promotion."

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Nia jax is the shits. Truly terrible in the mic and I'm the ring

...Raw?

:dunno:

:hmm:

MEU9-KK7-o.jpg

ezgif-5-fde48789d3.gif

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So the fact that TK is overpaying talent to leave these promotions isn't his fault? NJPW, CMLL, AAA, Stardom cannot compete with TKs bank account.

It's not about competing with TK's bank account it's about doing right by your talent. New Japan for years criminally underpaid Okada. He made New Japan a lot of money yet they never reinvested any of that money back into him with a contract that paid him his worth. That's New Japan's fault. Before Tony Khan even came into the picture Okada should've been taken care of. Not with an outrageous contract just something that shows the company appreciates you. If New Japan did that Okada would've been loyal and stayed. The same with White, Ospreay, Omega, etc.

Like how Walmart allows other brands to be sold in their stores, people aren't shopping for brand names at Walmart. They are buying up Great Value products. Same with "Forbidden Door." American audiences don't give a fuck about random Japanese and Mexican wrestlers. Hell, AEW's Great Value talent have said as much on their TV.

Meh, AEW is more like Amazon not Walmart where people do shop for brand name products. In this case great wrestling matches performed by great wrestlers.

And how does that benefit Mexican and Japanese wrestling fans? "Oh, let's show you the talent we signed away from you guys, who are now wrestling for our promotion."

It benefits them by being able to see great cross promotional wrestling matches due to the partnership. When "Wrestle Dynasty" rolls around in January in Japan the last thing any Japanese or Mexican fan will be whining about is AEW signing a wrestler that was once with their promotion. Who gives a damn? Instead, they'll be focused on seeing great wrestling matches.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fellas, what's going on??..Man, I went back and watched this week Dynamite!!...All I got to say is that this Dynamite is one of the best Dynamite Shows this year!!....WOW, SHIT GOT REAL AT THE END!!!... :eek2: .....The first match of the show with Danielson vs Hangman Page was alright!!..Good to see that Danielson will be in the main event at All-In!!...That Swerve vs Danielson match at All-In is going to be a good match!!...:yes:.....I like that 4-way match as well...Good win by PAC!!...The match with Jericho vs Samoa Joe was pretty good!!..I see that they going the heel way with Mercedes Mone!!...Her as a heel is prob the best thing for her gimmick and she can keep some attention on her!!..Good to see Darby Allin is back!!...The main event match with Willow vs Mariah May was good!!..I really thought that Willow was going to win that match but Mariah May pull it out and got the win!!....After that match, That when SHIT GOT REAL!!!...:eek2:.........I knew sooner or later that Mariah was going to turn on Toni Storm!!..It was about damn time!!..Mariah had flipped and beat the shit outta Toni and Luther!!..:lol:....I'm glad that they finally going to let Mariah May do her thing now..I was tired of her being a laggy to Toni Storm..Mariah is too good of a wrestler and she need to standout alone now!!...That was shocker of the show and I love it!!...:yes:....

This Dynamite show was one of the best shows this year!!...AND THEY SAY THAT AEW DOESN'T HAVE GOOD FEUDS AND STORYLINES!!...Keep it going AEW!!...

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:bravo:

Excellent match between Mariah and Willow. Mariah turns on Toni. Wonderful visual to close the show. Great stuff! You knew the turn was gonna happen once Mariah won the tournament. Now both women can really cook this feud going into "All In". This has been one of the best stories AEW has done in a long time.

@Mastermind2002 , It's about fucking time!!. :yes: ..I knew sooner or later this was going to happen!!...Mariah May is too good of wrestler to have at AEW to be under someone and being a laggy!!...It's time for her to do her thing!!...

And they say that AEW doesn't have good feuds and good storylines!!..Come on now!!!...

Last edited:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why is this being put on cable? It should be on PPV.

This reminds me of Hogan/Goldberg in the Georgia Dome on Nitro.

I agree ..I thought they were going to wrestle at All-In...But its AEW, it is what it is...Should be a good match tho!!..

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Iyo and Utami put on a damn classic. A thing of beauty. The chemistry, fluidity, and aura was off the charts. Despite not wrestling in Japan for 6 years Iyo picked up like she never left. So refreshing seeing her work again with top tier in-ring talent instead of the mediocrity she has to work with in WWE. You could tell she was having the time of her life out there. This is definitely a match of the year contender. I still have to give it more thought on whether I put it ahead of Sareee/Mayu Iwatani from Stardom's "All-Star Grand Queendom" but it's very close. Kudos to both women on an incredible match.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Giulia/Sareee was very good. I didn't think it reached the level of the Iyo/Utami match but it was still solid. Kudos to Sareee for becoming the first Marigold World Champion. Well deserved! She's gonna be a great ACE for Marigold. This was another solid show from Marigold. Quickly rising in the ranks as one of my favorite promotions.