EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I still remember the hype train when Shinsuke got signed by WWE. I never heard of him or strong style wrestling, but I remember this thread jumping like crazy.

Can we all agree that WWE has NEVER really used him correctly. They've come close a few times, but they always drop the ball. Then it back to jobbing to mid carder again for a few months. Or not even being featured on TV.

That is more than half the reason why I don't get hype whenever people in here are trying to hype up these Japanese wrestlers coming over to AEW or NXT.

American promoters rarely ever use them correctly, so what's the point :dunno:
Yeah, I don't think he ever got used correctly on the main roster either. NXT, yes. He had his moments on the main roster but I think his lack of English language has held him back. I loved when they were doing promos with subtitles late last year/earlier this year, but that was too little too late.

Also, I think a lot of it has to do with his look. If he put on some muscle, it would have helped him, wearing those body suits to hide his skinny fat appearance does him no favors, Sami can get away with it because he can talk.

He's basically an enhancement talent at this point.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I still remember the hype train when Shinsuke got signed by WWE. I never heard of him or strong style wrestling, but I remember this thread jumping like crazy.

Can we all agree that WWE has NEVER really used him correctly. They've come close a few times, but they always drop the ball. Then it back to jobbing to mid carder again for a few months. Or not even being featured on TV.

That is more than half the reason why I don't get hype whenever people in here are trying to hype up these Japanese wrestlers coming over to AEW or NXT.

All the matches I've seen out of him here in the states, he looks old and broken down just like a lot of these Japanese stars that go to AEW.
He may have been great when he was younger in Japan, but all that strong style and stiff work catches up with you eventually.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
All the matches I've seen out of him here in the states, he looks old and broken down just like a lot of these Japanese stars that go to AEW.
He may have been great when he was younger in Japan, but all that strong style and stiff work catches up with you eventually.
I hadn't thought of it like that, but you may have a point there. Speaking of which ....

Can we talk about Randy Orton?!?!?!
With his history of neck, back, & spinal injuries, you'd think he'd slow it down or at least switch up his moveset.

I can't watch his matches anymore. Seeing him do that snap DDT off the ropes is cringe now. He's dropping directly onto his back with little to no protection :smh::smh:

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hadn't thought of it like that, but you may have a point there. Speaking of which ....

Can we talk about Randy Orton?!?!?!
With his history of neck, back, & spinal injuries, you'd think he'd slow it down or at least switch up his moveset.

I can't watch his matches anymore. Seeing him do that snap DDT off the ropes is cringe now. He's dropping directly onto his back with little to no protection :smh::smh:
Randy has changed his style a bit since he returned from injury.
I can definitely tell he's slowed down and doesn't move around as quickly as he did when he was younger.
As the saying goes "Father time does no jobs", shit catches up with everyone eventually
Look at okada, watch at his matches in Japan vs Omega and look at the way he moves around now and it's night and day, he moves around like a 50 year old these days at aew, Sad to see. Shit is brutal
Yeah, Okada is definitely one of the guys I was talking about. He looks old and slow now.
And don't even get me started on that senior citizen they wheel out on occasion, the same one who had the chop fest with Jericho the other night on Dynamite :smh:
The AEW fans are popping for what these guys used to be and not what they are in the ring currently.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, Okada is definitely one of the guys I was talking about. He looks old and slow now.

His best days are definitely behind him. Omega might be able to get one last great match out of him but he's on cruise control now.

And don't even get me started on that senior citizen they wheel out on occasion, the same one who had the chop fest with Jericho the other night on Dynamite :smh:

Agreed. TK needs to stop booking Minoru Suzuki. You watch one Suzuki match you watched them all. Chop, chop, chop, Gotch style piledriver! The end.

The AEW fans are popping for what these guys used to be and not what they are in the ring currently.

The one Japanese guy that TK should be pushing to the moon but for some reason won't pull the trigger on is Konosuke Takeshita.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His best days are definitely behind him. Omega might be able to get one last great match out of him but he's on cruise control now.

Agreed. TK needs to stop booking Minoru Suzuki. You watch one Suzuki match you watched them all. Chop, chop, chop, Gotch style piledriver! The end.

The one Japanese guy that TK should be pushing to the moon but for some reason won't pull the trigger on is Konosuke Takeshita.
I agree!!....To me, Takeshita is the best Japanese wrestler on AEW!!...Takeshita should have been hold a AEW title by now!!..TNT or International Title!!..

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I’m not sure how you use them correctly though. They work great in Japan. In America? They wrestling is always going to be a niche.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
I’m not sure how you use them correctly though. They work great in Japan. In America? They wrestling is always going to be a niche.
They showed it in the feud with Shinsuke vs AJ, they just didn't put the title on him.
AEW on the other hand is leaning into the NJPW style, they have something with Takeshita, in my opinion, they're just not using him right, but you could say that about a lot of people.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Pit Crews with Obi Femi when he is called up to the main roster call them the Nigerian Nightmares
I hear you, but we don't need another random tag team. Oba is establishing himself as a dominant single, and Apollo in mid card purgatory. Nah

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This week show of AEW Dynamite was alright!..AEW put on another good action packed Blood and Guts Dynamite show!!.. :yes: ..They started the show right with that MJF segment!!..I like how MJF is capitalizing on this year election and using it as a gimmick!!..That match with MJF and Ospreay at All-in should be another banger!!...Yep, it's time for Jericho to hang it up and retire!!..That match with him vs Minoru Suzuki was a fill in...Both of them needs to retire!!..:smh:...I like that match with Britt Baker vs Hikaru Shida was nice!!.. I see they finally brought in that wrestler Kamille to AEW ...I'm looking forward to see what she's all about..The segment with crazy sexy ass Mariah May was alright...Her and Toni Storm match at All-in is going to be good!!...The Blood and Guts match was good!!..Man, AEW put on another successful Blood and Guts!!..:yes:...To me, this Blood and Guts was a match to setup matches for All-in next month!!..Mark Briscoe, Darby Allin, and Jack Perry really standout in this match!!...:yes:

This was another good Blood and Guts Dynamite show!!..I still say that Blood and Guts matches should be a ppv event!!..But, It's all good!!..

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like the ending because it created a seed of distrust amongst the Elite and makes the Bucks look like pussies. Jack Perry was willing to be lit on fire and never quit but it was the Bucks who gave up. Storyline wise they can flesh this out over the coming weeks.

Also, This Blood and Guts match was setting up matches for All-In next month!!..

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The viewership dipped a little from last week but still in the high 700,000's. Got to get Jericho off the show. For the most part all the Dynamite shows have been good since "Forbidden Door". Where they've improved a lot is in storyline direction and purpose. Everything seems more focused. No more random segments or matches. They're on the right track they just got to keep building on it.

Like I said, Around this time...AEW usually do good in ratings!!..All their Dynamite Shows this year had been on point!!.. :yes:

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck all of that do yourself a favor and go and watch the Jaida Parker vs Layla Diggs match on NXT LVL Up. Make sure you have your favorite bottle of lotion and some tissues. Layla Diggs looks and moves like Kelani with a bit more ass and not as fluid which actually looks better from a wrestling perspective if you don't like all of the cirque de solei type of wrestling.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:bravo: Fantastic news! Anna will come back a better wrestler because of it. Hopefully they keep her in Stardom beyond the 5 Star tournament. Give her a solid three months over there.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I found @Mastermind2002 on Reddit/Squaredcircle lolz

r/Squaredcircle is loser ville lol they make out aew fans look like upstanding citizens who never masterbate to stardom...never lol

Anyway, could you imagine WWE having love Morgan(the current WWE champion) beat iyo lmao what were they thinking? Any company with sense would have devalued their champion by having them pinned at a house show! Lol

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh Yes!!..This is a very good look right here!!... :yes: .....I was hoping that Queen Aminata would have beat Athena and become the new ROH Women's Champion...I guess they kept the belt on her cause I heard she's about to reach another milestone at ROH by holding that title!!

I'm loving this Black Excellence right here in Pro Wrestling!!..

Yeah, they want Athena to be the longest reigning ROH champion of all-time man or woman. I think after she beats the record, she'll hop back over to AEW.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well deserved! Natsupoi been chasing the white belt for 4 years and today she finally got crowned. Love to see it! Hopefully she gets the reign she deserves!