XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another great thing about the AEW Streaming MAX deal and the WWE Raw Netflix streaming deal is this ratings discourse bullshit will FINALLY be put to rest. No more Nielsen ratings crap.
I don't think TV ratings discussion will completely go away because Smackdown and Dynamite/Collision will still be on cable.
That's still an apples to apples comparison even if a larger percentage of the audience will be streaming.

LOL, here we go with the victory lap for all the AEW marks.
New deal is definitely worth celebrating but I'm not sure it's worth spiking the ball and taunting right now.
Nobody credible (that wasn't trolling for clicks) ever said that AEW wouldn't get a TV deal or would be out of business.
The only question was how much would the deal be for.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It will be replaced by the streaming number...look at how music is measured....going to be the same thing.

Yes, there's gonna be streaming numbers but it won't be calculated in the same way Nielsen ratings are. Nielsen ratings are dependent on who watches the shows live whereas streaming isn't dependent on that. You can stream/watch the show later and it still count as a view. A lot of people don't watch wrestling live.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Yes, there's gonna be streaming numbers but it won't be calculated in the same way Nielsen ratings are. Nielsen ratings are dependent on who watches the shows live whereas streaming isn't dependent on that. You can stream/watch the show later and it still count as a view. A lot of people don't watch wrestling live.
Lmaooooo I know how streaming works and is different, hence the music example...doesn't change the fact that those numbers are being recorded and measured.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Yeah and that's fine as it works in AEW's favor versus the outdated Nielsen model.
Maybe, but that ain't gonna fix the attendance problem....that shit needs to be addressed ASAP. And nothing boosts tv/streaming numbers like not being able to attend a sellout show that's being televised. And so far, they've been going backwards on that.