dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ratings down a Fox is the reason Roman is champion. Good storyline and continuity are the least important thing of the three.

You know this may be true but do they really get a ratings hike by putting the title on him? I could see Brock Lesnar......but when they put the title on certain guys for a rating boost it seems like it doesn't work but I may be off based.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I love Heyman and if he's his mgr going fwd, it'll only help Roman just like it helped brock
I like Heymans too....to me it just seems like a waste to have a main eventer who's not bad on the mic to have Heymans. I wouldn't feel that way if WWE employed more managers but there's a handful of them and most are dedicated to tag teams. Reigns definitely needed something though because they couldn't just sell him as the "Big Dog" again. They had to do something. Should've gave him wardrobe and theme song change too.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know this may be true but do they really get a ratings hike by putting the title on him? I could see Brock Lesnar......but when they put the title on certain guys for a rating boost it seems like it doesn't work but I may be off based.
I'm sure they believe putting the belt on him will pull the ratings up and it just may, at least temporarily.
Reigns is still very popular and has one foot in Hollywood already, so that helps with mainstream exposure.
I think his character had just gotten stale, so a heel turn was definitely needed.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm sure they believe putting the belt on him will pull the ratings up and it just may, at least temporarily.
Reigns is still very popular and has one foot in Hollywood already, so that helps with mainstream exposure.
I think his character had just gotten stale, so a heel turn was definitely needed.
I get that but do they actually get the ratings bump though?Like I'm told they don't build up new stars because they aren't marketable as a Cena or a Lesnar.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I like Heymans too....to me it just seems like a waste to have a main eventer who's not bad on the mic to have Heymans. I wouldn't feel that way if WWE employed more managers but there's a handful of them and most are dedicated to tag teams. Reigns definitely needed something though because they couldn't just sell him as the "Big Dog" again. They had to do something. Should've gave him wardrobe and theme song change too.
I still wish they did a heel Samoan stable. They teased a stable run with the Usos last year, but I want to see a mega Heel Samoan stable with Roman, Usos, Nia Jax and Samoa Joe for good measure.

Roman with a title. Joe with another, Usos with the tag titles and Nia Jax sitting her fat ass onto a Women's Championship...

All with Heyman as their advocate...

Shit would be unstoppable.

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Now if he had Lesnar and reigns on that stable at the same time... Ruthless. Have one on raw & and the other one on smack down. Everyone wins

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now if he had Lesnar and reigns on that stable at the same time... Ruthless. Have one on raw & and the other one on smack down. Everyone wins
I thought he would do something similar with Lesnar and Lashley earlier on.....WWE be so stuck in their ways they don't want a dominate stable like that of heels. They like their heels weak but it would be nice to see a dominant stable of heels just destroying everyone.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I still wish they did a heel Samoan stable. They teased a stable run with the Usos last year, but I want to see a mega Heel Samoan stable with Roman, Usos, Nia Jax and Samoa Joe for good measure.

Roman with a title. Joe with another, Usos with the tag titles and Nia Jax sitting her fat ass onto a Women's Championship...

That would be dope...some of this shit writes itself. It was like they refused to associate the USOs with Roman unless he needed them to fight someone else. That stable would do some damage and would actually be must-see tv.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
That would be dope...some of this shit writes itself. It was like they refused to associate the USOs with Roman unless he needed them to fight someone else. That stable would do some damage and would actually be must-see tv.
For real. Like, who the fuck would be able to stop them? I don't want to see Roman and Braun Strowman anymore, unless Strowman and Wyatt reform the Wyatt family (with new recruits, Forgotten Sons and Alexa Bliss as Sister Abigail) to go up against "The Samoan Family".....

Man, I wish I could get a job writing for WWE, but like you said, it writes itself.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For real. Like, who the fuck would be able to stop them? I don't want to see Roman and Braun Strowman anymore, unless Strowman and Wyatt reform the Wyatt family (with new recruits, Forgotten Sons and Alexa Bliss as Sister Abigail) to go up against "The Samoan Family".....

Man, I wish I could get a job writing for WWE, but like you said, it writes itself.
Man that shit you put up above.......that would be the best storyline I done heard in ages over there. Them sorry bastards I think simply just neglected the Sister Abigail storyline didn't they?

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I like ALL of this except Heyman being a "voice" for the Uso's. They are good enough on the mic that they just need Heyman to walk out with them.

tarizo312

Star
BGOL Investor
My only issue with Roman turning heel was that they should've done it a while ago. This is someone finally telling Vince that if you bring Roman back and make him champ, turn him heel cause he will get boo'd out the building. They probably had to tell him that everyone wins this way. You get Roman as champ, fans get heel Roman, we get a spike in ratings. Sad thing about this is that we KNOW they will fuck this up. As long as Vince still gets final say and he continues changing everything on the fly, the day of, this shit won't work.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good. I hated Ranallo on NXT. His over the top deliver and calls took. away from the in ring action.

Good riddance...
Are we talking about the same guy? I don't watch a lot of NXT, but the announcing on there has never been an issue with me.
Seems like he's one of the better announcers the company has, especially compared to the robots they have calling matches.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Are we talking about the same guy? I don't watch a lot of NXT, but the announcing on there has never been an issue with me.
Seems like he's one of the better announcers the company has, especially compared to the robots they have calling matches.
I've always liked him. He dropped way too many pop culture references but other than that he was the best announcer in the company.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I've always liked him. He dropped way too many pop culture references but other than that he was the best announcer in the company.
I guess some prefer Michael Cole and his clones. The best announcers recently have been Mauro and some of these wrestlers like Samoa Joe and CM Punk. Beth Phoenix also does a good job

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I guess some prefer Michael Cole and his clones. The best announcers recently have been Mauro and some of these wrestlers like Samoa Joe and CM Punk. Beth Phoenix also does a good job
Ranallo's deliver is just too much. his "Mama Mia!!!" and screaming ridiculous phrases just became distracting. I don't mind the Raw team right now. Not a fan of Michael Cole but I don't mind him.

To me, it came off as if Ranallo tried to sell himself more than he did selling the match.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ranallo's deliver is just too much. his "Mama Mia!!!" and screaming ridiculous phrases just became distracting. I don't mind the Raw team right now. Not a fan of Michael Cole but I don't mind him.

To me, it came off as if Ranallo tried to sell himself more than he did selling the match.
I don't mind announcers being characters like Bobby Heenan, JR, Jerry Lawler, Gorilla, Jesse Ventura and others back in the day.
To me, they're part of the show too. That's part of the problem with today's product.
All the other WWE announcers are instructed to be nameless, faceless and are just fed lines to regurgitate.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I don't mind announcers being characters like Bobby Heenan, JR, Jerry Lawler, Gorilla, Jesse Ventura and others back in the day.
Difference between them and Ranallo, I enjoyed Heenan, Lawler, Gorilla and Jesse. Ranallo just annoys me. Heenan and Jesse had Gorilla Monsoon to play off of, as heel colormen. Lawler has JR. Ranallo, as the play by play guy hardly lets anyone else chime in.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

Ranallo is over the top and he did like to sneak in those present day references. He was still selling the match which I prefer over most WWE announcers who spend more time talking about everything but the match.. If a match is going on announce the match don't talk about whatever storyline is going on while trying to fit in all of Vince's buzzwords.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I see you Rey. Don't worry. She was born in 2001 so we good.

https://www.instagram.com/aalyahgutierrez/?hl=en
118560641_2620046998248147_7226179560778168266_n.jpg

117872808_623025395286342_1690280121518070363_n.jpg