chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
That was a really good match. Christian had to win to create interest for the All Out main event. Wonder what the chances are they do title vs title and put the impact title back on Omega. The Impact title on Christian is full circle.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Miro made quick work of Fuego Del Sol. No AEW contract for Del Sol. :lol: I love Miro! He's ted hot right now.

Edit: They give Del Sol the contract anyway. WTF!

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Turned out to be a good match. Solid use of ring psychology. Red Velvet really showed me something here. She's got what it takes just needs a little bit more experience. Good first show of "Rampage". That hour flies by.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was a really good match. Christian had to win to create interest for the All Out main event. Wonder what the chances are they do title vs title and put the impact title back on Omega. The Impact title on Christian is full circle.

I honestly don't want to see Christian/Omega again at "All Out". I'm hoping they find another opponent for Omega.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I forgot how fast a one-hour wrestling show goes. I thought it was gonna be 2 hours.
And yeah, Mark Henry sucks as a stand-up doing interviews.
Not sure why he keeps getting gigs as a talker. I can barely stand listening to him on the Busted Open podcast.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
This is hilarious coming from John Cena; one of the most protectied wrestlers there's ever been in WWE.
Of course he was protected but didn't Cena move the needle though? Wasn't hena marketing and merchandising powerhouse?

Reigns finally is where WWE wanted him to be (years ago)...they protected him when he was flailing around not naturally getting over with the audience back in the post Shield days, prior to his leukemia diagnosis.

So yes, Reigns was protected. Especially with him being part of the Anoa'i family...

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Watched Rampage last night.

I liked it. First match (Christian/Omega) was good. Great way to start the show. Is Christian All Impact now? With Bryan and Punk seemingly headed to AEW, it will be a little too crowded for the likes of Christian at the top level of the card.

Agreed with the sentiment that Henry needs polishing. He seems like he's too relaxed.

The Fuego del Sol/Miro match was meh. Squash match that just gave the baby face a little offense. There was no way in hell I believed he would defeat Miro.

The ending was kind of dumb. Would have made sense for Sammy Guevara to turn on him instead of offer him the contract anyways. What ever happened to stipulations?

The women's main event was OK. I feel like AEW is putting ALL their eggs in Baker's basket. She needs to get better at selling. Red Velvet hits a moonsault and gets a 2 count, Britt Baker immediately gets up/no sells it.

Again, I had no sense of belief that she would lose. Selling is just as good as offense, and she's gotta be better in that department.

Glad the show was an hour, keeps the show easy to digest. Reminds me of WCW Saturday Night. Only hope that moving forward, they have more midcard talent and not the same people we see on Dynamite.

Last edited:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Of course he was protected but didn't Cena move the needle though? Wasn't hena marketing and merchandising powerhouse?

Reigns finally is where WWE wanted him to be (years ago)...they protected him when he was flailing around not naturally getting over with the audience back in the post Shield days, prior to his leukemia diagnosis.

So yes, Reigns was protected. Especially with him being part of the Anoa'i family...

That's all fine and dandy I just don't need to hear the hypocritical "you've been protected" promo coming from Cena.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
That's all fine and dandy I just don't need to hear the hypocritical "you've been protected" promo coming from Cena.
I can't say Roman has ever been on the receiving end of a squash match. Where as we know Cena has.

That along with being Rock's cousin = protection.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can't say Roman has ever been on the receiving end of a squash match. Where as we know Cena has.

That along with being Rock's cousin = protection.

Being protected is not just in who you lose or don't lose to but it's also in how many championship reigns/ opportunities you get.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There's not a better high flyer in the business. I once thought Ricochet was the best high flyer until I came across Rey Fenix.
If lucha underground was still around it could be debatable. But since richochet went the wwe route like pretty much eveyone over there he ain’t allowed to wrestle. Damn shame.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Being protected is not just in who you lose or don't lose to but it's also in how many championship reigns/ opportunities you get.
And how many has Reigns had in the last 4-5 years?

He's had 6 title reigns.

Yes, Cena has won 16 times (lost it just as many) however those reigns weren't as lengthy as others. Reigns current reign is about to pass Cena's longest reign as champion.

Both are protected. Cena had a bigger uphill battle though, compared to Reigns.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And how many has Reigns had in the last 4-5 years?

He's had 6 title reigns.

Yes, Cena has won 16 times (lost it just as many) however those reigns weren't as lengthy as others. Reigns current reign is about to pass Cena's longest reign as champion.

Both are protected.Cena had a bigger uphill battle though, compared to Reigns.

Which is my whole point. That promo didn't make any sense coming from Cena. It would make better sense coming from someone like Ricochet or Cesaro or someone who's not been fortunate enough to have the opportunities that Cena has had. Cena whining to Reigns about being protected it's like Bill Gates whining to Jeff Bezos about how much money he makes.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Which is my whole point. That promo didn't make any sense coming from Cena. It would make better sense coming from someone like Ricochet or Cesaro or someone who's not been fortunate enough to have the opportunities that Cena has had. Cena whining to Reigns about being protected it's like Bill Gates whining to Jeff Bezos about how much money he makes.
Gotcha