Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The show was going good until they had to run this segment. I don't get the fascination with them continually putting QT Marshall on Dynamite and now he's going to have a match with Paul White at "All Out". Why?

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
The show was going good until they had to run this segment. I don't get the fascination with them continually putting QT Marshall on Dynamite and now he's going to have a match with Paul White at "All Out". Why?

QT's really their only heel they can afford to actively bury, like I would be mad if it was literally any other heel.

Nobody cares about QT so a 3-minute throwaway match just to get the inevitable Paul Wight match out of the way seems harmless to me.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand Jade getting this spot on Rampage but why is Kiera Hogan getting this spot? Shida hasn't been on Dynamite since she lost the belt yet Kiera Hogan with literally two matches under her belt on AEW Dark gets a spot on Rampage just like that. How Sway how?

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MJF going over was the right call. Kudos to Jericho for really helping put over the younger stars like Orange Cassidy, Sammy Guevara, and MJF.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Other than the QT Marshall segment and the Thunder Rosa/Penelope Ford match this was a good show. Can't wait for"Rampage" on Friday. Two days away before CM Punk makes his debut.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I understand Jade getting this spot on Rampage but why is Kiera Hogan getting this spot? Shida hasn't been on Dynamite since she lost the belt yet Kiera Hogan with literally two matches under her belt on AEW Dark gets a spot on Rampage just like that. How Sway how?

Jade looking like Vanessa Bryant from Virtua Fighter 4 :lol:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So I'm trying to figure this out does AEW not have the typical Sunday Night PPV's?

No they do Saturday night ppvs as a way to mimic the sports vibe of UFC. UFC typically holds their ppvs on Saturday nights. The only time AEW switches their ppvs to Sunday nights is unless the date that they choose conflicts with a UFC ppv.

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AEW lacks logic put Rampage on Saturday Nights, create a C show for syndication (call METV, ION etc.) for a hour block of recaps to get fans with no cable interested in product

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
AEW lacks logic put Rampage on Saturday Nights, create a C show for syndication (call METV, ION etc.) for a hour block of recaps to get fans with no cable interested in product
They want to ride Smackdown's show to get ratings after it's over....I think it will work out for them.

And the have Dark and Elevation on YouTube so you can watch whenever you want to watch it instead of waiting for it to just come on ...

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AEW lacks logic put Rampage on Saturday Nights,

1. They run their ppvs on Saturday nights.
2. It's TNT's decision to put "Rampage" on Friday nights.

create a C show for syndication (call METV, ION etc.) for a hour block of recaps to get fans with no cable interested in product

It doesn't make any sense to do that when you got the internet. Recaps are available online through social media and youtube. That's how things are done in 2021. The old syndication recap show is a dated business model.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
They want to ride Smackdown's show to get ratings after it's over....I think it will work out for them.

And the have Dark and Elevation on YouTube so you can watch whenever you want to watch it instead of waiting for it to just come on ...

And then Dynamite is moving to TBS soon which I know I get for free, and TBS is also in more homes than TNT.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
1. They run their ppvs on Saturday nights.
2. It's TNT's decision to put "Rampage" on Friday nights.

It doesn't make any sense to do that when you got the internet. Recaps are available online through social media and youtube. That's how things are done in 2021. The old syndication recap show is a dated business model.

That, too. They put the finishing sequence of the big matches and any highlight moments on YouTube.

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well damn! Only shows I enjoy on youtube MLW ,NWA and OVW. I want to like AEW but this friendly wrestling shit sucks we need good v bad. Seen an off the top rope maneuver tonight that should ended a match but it kept going.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
I like what they're doing with Jade and Kiera.

First, they will have featured Jade on two of their biggest TV episodes of the year, the Shaq match was in March. And her opponent was a black woman both times.

Second, that's a good way to court Kiera having her take two losses on Dark and Elevation, then reward her by featuring her on Rampage as her third match where they'll probably do a million views. Probably have way more eyes on her than she's ever had.

Kiera can make Jade look good in the match, losing doesn't hurt her at this point, and then if Kiera signs, they can revisit this match as a callback and even give them their own non-title feud in the future. Kiera would be nuts to try to work up the WWE ladder.

And lastly, just yeah.

E6viSVIWQAgHYPb

mvs1gwr6o5i71.jpg

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nice fun match to start off Dynamite. I knew Sting was gonna no sell that powerbomb and that double Scorpion Death lock was wild. They've been using Sting wisely and it's been paying off.

Sting is DAT - DUDE :clap:.

Gotta admit - I was a bit worried for him ever coming back after the Rollins incident.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No they do Saturday night ppvs as a way to mimic the sports vibe of UFC. UFC typically holds their ppvs on Saturday nights. The only time AEW switches their ppvs to Sunday nights is unless the date that they choose conflicts with a UFC ppv.
Ok so what is this on Friday?

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
Ok so what is this on Friday?

Rampage is their second TV show. It airs on Friday nights on TNT at 11 and it's just one hour. This is their second episode.

It's going to be treated the same as Dynamite as far as featuring the stars of the roster and having big matches in front of fans, and not like a B-show or a recap show.

It's also heavily speculated that CM Punk will make his wrestling return on this Friday's episode.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rampage is their second TV show. It airs on Friday nights on TNT at 11 and it's just one hour. This is their second episode.

It's going to be treated the same as Dynamite as far as featuring the stars of the roster and having big matches in front of fans, and not like a B-show or a recap show.

It's also heavily speculated that CM Punk will make his wrestling return on this Friday's episode.
Ahhh ok that's what threw me off because I saw people saying Punk may come there...ok so they are just doing it a little different. I respect it I might tune in.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bulllllllshit!!!! It writes itself. She's a baby face, her husband a heel, he tries to convince her, but she resists. She loses a few matches to some heelish behavior. Finally the family walks out after her last loss and everybody stands at the top of the ramp but Jimmy. He walks down to his wife tells her it's time, she initially resists. Then the rest of them walk down there and Roman says it's time. Embrace the family and become what we all know you are. She stares, and then says it's time, and they all walk away together. Her attitude changes blah blah blah whip ass, womens champ blah blah blah

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Bulllllllshit!!!! It writes itself. She's a baby face, her husband a heel, he tries to convince her, but she resists. She loses a few matches to some heelish behavior. Finally the family walks out after her last loss and everybody stands at the top of the ramp but Jimmy. He walks down to his wife tells her it's time, she initially resists. Then the rest of them walk down there and Roman says it's time. Embrace the family and become what we all know you are. She stares, and then says it's time, and they all walk away together. Her attitude changes blah blah blah whip ass, womens champ blah blah blah
this is the WWE, man.....you typed too much logic....

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But what about her theme music?
What about all the colors?
What about all the dancing?
What about all of the fluff that's irrelevant if it's attached to a talented wrestler who doesn't win without being a traditional champion and when you lose, it actually means something for who beats you?
What about the story you could tell when it comes to a person's duty or their purpose on an adult level?

Unless there is a concern of the parallels hitting to close to home in regards to Jimmy a world class fuck up, but because of his family ties and ability to serve the a specific purpose, he avoids the punishment he deserves and actually gets rewarded. And how does that make her look since she chose him. True the family is successful, but at what cost to your sense of morals and ethics.

Or there's a story to tell.