XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There was no way they couldn't NOT bring him out to open the show.

Fans would have rioted.

Lolz watch CM Punk chants dominate SummerSlam tomorrow
I'm wondering how much money it took for Tony Khan to get CM Punk. Word is he turned Tony Khan down when AEW was just getting started.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
Just somebody for Moxley to squash. They realize they weren't going to have too much time for matches with the Punk debut.

I wouldn't even say it's a traditional squash match, it's more to showcase their young guys vs. their vets and give them a little shine.

They did the same thing with Dante Martin and Omega. He wasn't gonna beat Kenny, but people are going to know his name after that and remember his performance in that match.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think what AEW has over WWE is their not trying to be for everybody. It's a show for wrestling fans. Vince doesn't care what the fans want. He does what he believe will work, but it worked then, not now. Old Hulk Hogan gets booed out of a building with his cheesines, prayers, vitamins talk. Big muscle bound guys and slow matches don't move the needle. He is into sports entertainment and all his goofy ass rules but wrestling is what pays the bills. It's all about what can I sell people instead of what entertains them.