totto

Rising Star
Registered
I don't see punks appeal he's just a undersized loud mouth idiot tgaf woke in a sense. Joe Rogan of wrestling.....

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
They even stopped counting two of her reigns (the 2nd NXT one and her tag-team title one) for some reason.

Vince is disowning NXT because Dynamite beat NXT off of Wednesdays.

NXT was once acknowledged as a third brand to promote the new USA TV show, but since they've lost the war they're now being treated as two different worlds, major league and minor league.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They just did that to Charlotte. She beat Ripley the PPV before SS and lost it at the end of Raw the next night to Nikki.

The booking is shit across the board.

I heard on a podcast today that Charlotte's title reigns only last 1-2 months. That's why she already has like 14 title reigns.

Her losing the title the next night is A LOT different than Sasha losing it the next night. Sasha ain't gonna see that belt for months! Charlotte is getting it back within a week!

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Vince is disowning NXT because Dynamite beat NXT off of Wednesdays.

NXT was once acknowledged as a third brand to promote the new USA TV show, but since they've lost the war they're now being treated as two different worlds, major league and minor league.

Which REALLY isn't fair, I mean how long did Raw lose to Nitro until Nitro shyt the bed? He gave NXT like a month to win that war. Vince is your usual white dude wants EVERY chance in the universe to prove himself, but it's three strikes and you're out when he's giving you chances.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sasha beat Charlotte on a Sunday, lost it the NEXT NIGHT on RAW!

Shit is bogus. I wonder will it ever get to a point where they create a secondary women's title?

They just did that to Charlotte. She beat Ripley the PPV before SS and lost it at the end of Raw the next night to Nikki.

The booking is shit across the board.

I heard on a podcast today that Charlotte's title reigns only last 1-2 months. That's why she already has like 14 title reigns.

The thing about when Charlotte loses the title though it just comes across they are gonna give it right back to her in a short period of time.

I'm not even mad at Charlotte for holding the title. But damn let her hold it. They got the belt hopping literally from one chic to the next and not developing any sort of story.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Which REALLY isn't fair, I mean how long did Raw lose to Nitro until Nitro shyt the bed? He gave NXT like a month to win that war. Vince is your usual white dude wants EVERY chance in the universe to prove himself, but it's three strikes and you're out when he's giving you chances.
Its consistent with how he ran that XFL shit too. He's not gonna take a L for long...which is crazy based on how he runs his shows.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tonight's show was very lackluster. The promos were solid but the matches we're meh. The only match I cared about was Varsity Blondes/Lucha Brothers. Khan is starting to get into a habit of using too many jobbers on Dynamite. I understand you want to feature some of the upcoming talent but 95% of your show should feature your main stars. Now is not the time to be resting on your laurels. Yes, you got CM Punk but you still have to deliver a hot show every week and keep building momentum.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Tonight's show was very lackluster. The promos were solid but the matches we're meh. The only match I cared about was Varsity Blondes/Lucha Brothers. Khan is starting to get into a habit of using too many jobbers on Dynamite. I understand you want to feature some of the upcoming talent but 95% of your show should feature your main stars. Now is not the time to be resting on your laurels. Yes, you got CM Punk but you still have to deliver a hot show every week and keep building momentum.

Agreed. Enjoyed that match as well - Ray Fenix is always must-see wrestling.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
I just see them getting ready for All Out in a week and usually the shows before the PPV are usually like this....for AEW, WWE and Impact and so on...

I guess it's the "Lower Expectation" on shows and then make it hit big on the PPV. WWE did this on Smackdown before SummerSlam

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
Yeah, Dynamite felt more like Elevation tonight.

I really wish All Out was this weekend instead of next weekend because this episode felt very much like treading water.

I want Best Friends and HFO to be over. I want Jericho and MJF to be over already. I want to get Cage/Omega out the way. Paul Wight match out the way. I want pretty much every story to move on to the next phase, especially the Elite, Death Triangle and Dark Order stories. And I want to see if Cole, Bryan, Murphy, Ruby debut. I want to see what Punk does after the Darby match.

Like everything I'm interested in is on hold until All Out or after, so it just feels like this week is gonna be a drag. Hopefully next week they'll do all the go-home angles and they'll be exciting.

But they really should've had a more action-packed card to build off the CM Punk heat. I would've liked if Cassidy/Hardy was Cage vs. Hobbs instead. The Gunn Club match should've been a Miro or Lance Archer squash match, and the Hayter and Black squash matches should've been more brutal.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
When I saw the card I didn't expect much. Tonight was a filler episode. Hopefully Friday will be fire. Next week are the go home shows before the PPV so I expect great things next week. The Daniel Bryan tease is enough to make up for the lackluster card tonight.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just see them getting ready for All Out in a week and usually the shows before the PPV are usually like this....for AEW, WWE and Impact and so on...

I guess it's the "Lower Expectation" on shows and then make it hit big on the PPV. WWE did this on Smackdown before SummerSlam

You got new viewers because of Punk so it's best that you put your best foot forward. You can't really afford to do filler shows if you want to keep those viewers. All it takes is a few more shows like last night and you lose all the new viewers and momentum you gained with Punk.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Outside of the CM Punk anticipated in ring interview, Dynamite was forgettable last night.

I feel like AEW is going to have a big hangover post Punks debut. Numbers will be improved to previous weeks, but similar to second week dropoff of big Hollywood theatrical releases, audiences will get bored with the product if they don't continue that momentum moving forward.

The whole Jericho/MJF stuff isn't even interesting anymore. Who the fuck is QT and why is he on my tv screen? Setting up a Lucha Bros and Jurassic Express match AGAIN? Red Velvet is like a Great Value Sasha Banks, only way less talented. Brock Anderson?

I hope when Bryan debuts, his introduction to AEW is handled better. Not saying they're blowing Punks debut, but his first feud with Allin just doesn't make sense to me. They should have put Punk immediately at the top of the card challenging Omega. Strike while the iron is hot. It makes the most sense. People call Omega the best wrestler out there, well, put him up against the best in the world.

I'm interested to see who they match Bryan up against once he debuts.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
After this botch you won't see Velvet on Dynamite for awhile and again where's Shida, Serena Deeb, and Riho? Get your top female talent on Dynamite.

Oh my God. I missed this last night. Yeah she should be exclusively on their YouTube show after that. Smh she was in the main event of the first Rampage show wasn't she?

Damn.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess I'm in the minority, but I felt last night's show was okay. Admittedly I didn't watch it live and fast forwarded through some of the matches.
The promos were solid and did a good job of promoting upcoming matches. Every episode isn't going to be a homerun. It's okay to tread water for a while.
Arn Anderson's boy isn't ready for prime time and he may never get there. If he wants to be anything close to what his father was, he needs to hit the gym and start cutting promos.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Outside of the CM Punk anticipated in ring interview, Dynamite was forgettable last night.

I feel like AEW is going to have a big hangover post Punks debut. Numbers will be improved to previous weeks, but similar to second week dropoff of big Hollywood theatrical releases, audiences will get bored with the product if they don't continue that momentum moving forward.

The whole Jericho/MJF stuff isn't even interesting anymore. Who the fuck is QT and why is he on my tv screen? Setting up a Lucha Bros and Jurassic Express match AGAIN? Red Velvet is like a Great Value Sasha Banks, only way less talented. Brock Anderson?

I hope when Bryan debuts, his introduction to AEW is handled better. Not saying they're blowing Punks debut, but his first feud with Allin just doesn't make sense to me. They should have put Punk immediately at the top of the card challenging Omega. Strike while the iron is hot. It makes the most sense. People call Omega the best wrestler out there, well, put him up against the best in the world.

I'm sure they'll get to Omega and Punk eventually, but Punk still needs to work his way there first and build up some wins.
I think that's the dream match everyone is waiting on so no sense in just doing it right off the bat.
Honestly, Punk right now could fight a bunch of jobbers and no one would really mind. People are just happy to see him back.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I'm sure they'll get to Omega and Punk eventually, but Punk still needs to work his way there first and build up some wins.
I think that's the dream match everyone is waiting on so no sense in just doing it right off the bat.
Honestly, Punk right now could fight a bunch of jobbers and no one would really mind. People are just happy to see him back.
Nah, Punk is ready. Edge cane back and immediately went into a program with Randy Orton.

I really feel AEW is wasting Punk by having him wrestle Allin. I mean, they're both babyfaces. Who do you book to win or lose? It's a lose lose for both.

Allin doesn't talk. Punk is a talker. Hell, Sting doesn't talk either.

If Punk wins, it hurts Allin and Punk. Yeah yeah, Punk beat up a dude half his size. If Allin wins, he beat a guy who's been out of wrestling for over 7 years.

No guarantees in life. Strike while it's hot and the interest is there. Punk vs Omega should have been the story. I like Christian but his feud with Omega just doesn't have anywhere near as much interest as Punk coming back from so many years away and challenging the man at the top of the card.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
I guess I'm in the minority, but I felt last night's show was okay. Admittedly I didn't watch it live and fast forwarded through some of the matches.
The promos were solid and did a good job of promoting upcoming matches. Every episode isn't going to be a homerun. It's okay to tread water for a while.
Arn Anderson's boy isn't ready for prime time and he may never get there. If he wants to be anything close to what his father was, he needs to hit the gym and start cutting promos.

It was ok, it was just too many Dark Elevation guys. I didn't need the Wingmen and The Gunn Club, and QT and them, and Matt Hardy, Anderson and Johnson at the end.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Couldn't agree more. Tony Khan fumbled the ball last night.

The whole Jericho/MJF stuff isn't even interesting anymore.

Exactly. They've dragged out that feud too long plus Jericho adding the stipulation that if he doesn't win he's going to retire pretty much means he's going to win the match (I hate when wrestlers add stipulations like that) taking the aspect of unpredictability out of the match.

Who the fuck is QT and why is he on my tv screen?

I wonder about that same thing every week. You got all this talent on your roster and somehow QT Marshall is able to get screen time. SMH.

Setting up a Lucha Bros and Jurassic Express match AGAIN?

It's a tournament match so I don't expect any long feud between those two. I think Lucha Brothers get the rub setting up the cage match with the Young Bucks at "All Out" therefore beating the Bucks for the titles. They're looooooong overdue to get the belts.

Red Velvet is like a Great Value Sasha Banks, only way less talented.

That's pretty accurate.

Brock Anderson?

Someone who doesn't belong on tv much more the main event of a wrestling program.

I understand where you're coming from but they're not going to blow through that match right out of the gate. They need to build it properly. There's even a chance Omega may not even be the Champion by the time they meet up because of Omega's unfinished storyline with Hangman Page. I think they want Page to be the guy to take the belt off of Omega. He's the top babyface in the company.

I would like to see him wrestle Pac or Ricky Starks right out the gate.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

I still don't feel good about seeing people packed on top of each other in these super spreader events, but dammit that was cool. This is why crowd are needed sometimes.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Yeah, Dynamite felt more like Elevation tonight.

I really wish All Out was this weekend instead of next weekend because this episode felt very much like treading water.

I want Best Friends and HFO to be over. I want Jericho and MJF to be over already. I want to get Cage/Omega out the way. Paul Wight match out the way. I want pretty much every story to move on to the next phase, especially the Elite, Death Triangle and Dark Order stories. And I want to see if Cole, Bryan, Murphy, Ruby debut. I want to see what Punk does after the Darby match.

Like everything I'm interested in is on hold until All Out or after, so it just feels like this week is gonna be a drag. Hopefully next week they'll do all the go-home angles and they'll be exciting.

But they really should've had a more action-packed card to build off the CM Punk heat. I would've liked if Cassidy/Hardy was Cage vs. Hobbs instead. The Gunn Club match should've been a Miro or Lance Archer squash match, and the Hayter and Black squash matches should've been more brutal.
Has Hobbs even had another match on Dynamite match since that really good match that he had with Adam Page?
I want to see Santana and Ortiz and FTR working tag matches with someone as opposed to The Young Bucks every damn week

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
Has Hobbs even had another match on Dynamite match since that really good match that he had with Adam Page?
I want to see Santana and Ortiz and FTR working tag matches with someone as opposed to The Young Bucks every damn week

Hobbs lost his mom some point after that so he was off TV for a minute. He just came back like a week or two ago.

He wrestled on one of the Dark shows this week.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
Shyt like this makes it real HARD to defend these motherfcukers with shyt like this!!!

It doesn't really need to be defended, shit happens. Everybody botches sometimes.

People miss spots, sometimes shit doesn't connect, gotta sell ghost spots, you overshot, you undershot.

It's unfortunate and embarrassing because it was on TV and on the internet forever, but it's a part of the business.

It wasn't like this was going to be a 5-star match.