EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Watched Dynamite tonight, damn near fell asleep. I know they are going to milk the CM Punk signing all they can, but him coming out for the third straight show and has already gotten boring.

And they announced that he'll be back on Rampage this Friday.

Yes, they got a PPV to sell, but the coolness factor of the CM Punk return has already worn off.

Where is all the other wrestling talent?

And the way the show ended, was just a complete mess. Omega is just is not a good heel Champion. He comes off as corny as fuck. The entire Elite does.

I was hoping the final Dynamite before the PPV would be explosive. It just came off as a lame dud, similar to the whole exploding ring gimmick.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Watched Dynamite tonight, damn near fell asleep. I know they are going to milk the CM Punk signing all they can, but him coming out for the third straight show and has already gotten boring.

Yes, they got a PPV to sell, but the coolness factor of the CM Punk return has already worn off.

And the way the show ended, was just a complete mess. Omega is just is not a good heel Champion. He comes off as corny as fuck. The entire Elite does.

I was hoping the final Dynamite before the PPV would be explosive. It just came off as a lame dud, similar to the whole exploding ring gimmick.
This. And being trolls isn't enough to make people want to pay to see you lose which is a sign of an effective heel. They're goofy try hards who do the same shit week after week, inside the ring and outside the ring.

dcjackson

Star
Registered
I have no recollection of Daffney. Can't say I've ever seen her perform.

That said, wish her the best.
She was a pretty solid performer. Her best work in my opinion was in TNA, she was basically like the woman version of Mick Foley.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Excellent match. They should've found a way to put this on the PPV instead of Paul White/ QT Marshall.

I think Cash came back too quick. I think he was really having some issues with his arm, but maybe I just got worked. But it was still a REALLY good match. Cash just seemed to take a few too many "breaks".

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Much better show tonight. It did an excellent job of building to the ppv this Sunday. The "All Out" card looks stacked. Lucha Brothers/Young Bucks inside the steel cage is going to be insane. That has five star classic written all over it. I'm excited for Sunday.

Dawg, EVERY match with Bucks and Lucha Bros has been GREAT, the steel cage is just gravy.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah, you can already see the crowd cooling down a bit on Punk. He's still getting big pops, but nowhere near what it was on that first night.
And I'm wondering why they're going back to Chicago when they were just there a couple of weeks ago.
I'm sure a lot of people in the audience were there for Punk's debut just a couple of weeks ago.
Hopefully, his program with Darby and whoever else going forward has some sizzle to it and gets people interested.
At some point people will get over just being happy to see Punk back and will want to see good matches and storylines.

The Bucks cage match makes no sense to me. I've seen nothing in this "feud" that makes me think they have to settle it in a steel cage.
Instead of it being a match needing a steel cage, it comes off as a steel cage needing a match.
And I've said it before, a lot of these guys like the Bucks and Omega are used to doing indy shows and stuff overseas where long-term storytelling is not required. It's not easy to produce weekly TV programming that keeps the audience hooked and wanting to see more.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Yeah, you can already see the crowd cooling down a bit on Punk. He's still getting big pops, but nowhere near what it was on that first night.
And I'm wondering why they're going back to Chicago when they were just there a couple of weeks ago.
I'm sure a lot of people in the audience were there for Punk's debut just a couple of weeks ago.
Hopefully, his program with Darby and whoever else going forward has some sizzle to it and gets people interested.
At some point people will get over just being happy to see Punk back and will want to see good matches and storylines.

The Bucks cage match makes no sense to me. I've seen nothing in this "feud" that makes me think they have to settle it in a steel cage.
Instead of it being a match needing a steel cage, it comes off as a steel cage needing a match.
And I've said it before, a lot of these guys like the Bucks and Omega are used to doing indy shows and stuff overseas where long-term storytelling is not required. It's not easy to produce weekly TV programming that keeps the audience hooked and wanting to see more.
Kayfabe reason is that the steel cage adds some fairness because The Elite as in typical heel fashion always finds a way to cheat. Real reasoning is that they've faced each other multiple times and the cage adds a new dimension to the match.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn, RIP Daffney. I wasn't sure if this was a stunt for attention. Apparently she was really going through some things.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor

The gimmick of The Super Elite is that they have all the championships because they interfere in each other matches. It's a spin-off of the Bullet Club which was the same concept.

The last segment of the show was to show that with the way that the cage is designed, it's not easy for people to get into the ring.

If the Lucha Bros were to beat the Young Bucks in a regular match clean, that would make viewers wonder why the rest of the group didn't help them and would set up a break up angle which they might not wanna do yet.

So hopefully it's to give the Lucha Bros a clean win for the titles, not only because they should be the champs, but with the titles being tied up in the Elite storyline, it's kind of halted the momentum of the tag division.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kayfabe reason is that the steel cage adds some fairness because The Elite as in typical heel fashion always finds a way to cheat. Real reasoning is that they've faced each other multiple times and the cage adds a new dimension to the match.
We've all watched enough wrestling to know that even with a cage where "no one gets in, no one gets out", the heels still find a way to cheat.
Is this the first cage match in AEW? If so, it seems like it should have been saved for another program with more heat.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
We've all watched enough wrestling to know that even with a cage where "no one gets in, no one gets out", the heels still find a way to cheat.
Is this the first cage match in AEW? If so, it seems like it should have been saved for another program with more heat.

Nah, Cody and Wardlow had a cage match on Dynamite. Blood and Guts was on TV, too.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I think Cash came back too quick. I think he was really having some issues with his arm, but maybe I just got worked. But it was still a REALLY good match. Cash just seemed to take a few too many "breaks".
Agreed. With that said it's good to see the 2 most underutilized and IMO the 2 best tag teams in the company on TV. Looks like FTR decided to pay tribute to the Midnight Express.
If the Lucha Bros were to beat the Young Bucks in a regular match clean, that would make viewers wonder why the rest of the group didn't help them and would set up a break up angle which they might not wanna do yet.

So hopefully it's to give the Lucha Bros a clean win for the titles, not only because they should be the champs, but with the titles being tied up in the Elite storyline, it's kind of halted the momentum of the tag division.
I'd be surprised if the Bucks dropped the belts. Basically it's the only thing that they can hang their hat on right now. The Elite has the belts and are heels. They don't have real heat or a real feud but they have the belts. Don't even have a real rival chasing the titles either.
The momentum of the division has been halted for quite some time with the #1 contenders almost always being determined by a battle royale, or multi team match or in this case some mini tournament instead of an organic feud.
Heat doesn't seem to matter as someone said earlier with this they needed a match to go with the gimmick match as opposed to a feud that warranted a match like this. Same thing that they did with Blood and Guts. Even the Cody-Wardlow match didn't warrant being in a steel cage