0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think you're right about Page having a kid.
Hopefully, they bring him back and have him in the mix for the title instead of goofing around with the Dark Order or whatever they had him doing.

I liked the Dark Order angle they had. They should not be "serious" faction. I liked them so much better as the comedic faction that they ran with this time.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I would have agreed with you a few months ago about Hangman, but now I'm not so sure.
Is he even in a program right now? I can't remember the last time I saw him on TV.
Yes, Tony Khan is a fan and knows what the fans want, but he's still new at actually booking and creating compelling storylines.
And now with these new guys, it seems the dream match would be Omega-Punk or Omega-Danielson, or even Omega-Cole.
If Bray and/or Braun come on board, all bets are off.
Some of these first-day guys are going to get lost in the shuffle. It's just a matter of time.
Hangman asked for time off for the birth of his first child. Also don't forget the AEW ranking system so Punk nor Danielson are jumping to the front of the line.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hangman asked for time off for the birth of his first child. Also don't forget the AEW ranking system so Punk nor Danielson are jumping to the front of the line.
I'm sorry, but the whole "ranking system" and W-L record thing is stupid. I'm sure that's a Jim Ross idea. He pushed for that shit in WCW.
This isn't a legit sport like boxing. We all know it's a work.
I've even read that they work the W-L records by not including some of the matches from the YouTube shows.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I think Braun should go to Impact and Bray to ROH.

I thought Page's wife had a kid.

Khan isn't the only one booking, it is a team effort for them. Some have more experience, but come from that WWE style and sometimes you have to flush some shyt that "worked" at your last place of employment.
Braun and Wyatt are going to Impact. Impact just signed a deal with CBS and need stars.

I'm not sold on Page. He comes off as a poor mans Stone Cold

Similar to how Moxley comes off as poor mans cross between Piper/Loose Canon Flying Brian Pillman.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Why is Tony always sitting next to wrestlers while they're giving interviews? Everything is all smiles now but if a talent is unhappy about a match are they going to speak negative with the boss sitting right next to them.
Pretty sure he handles everything like he handles the Jaguars and his soccer team, but he really loves wrestling.... Pretty sure the iron fist is there when the cameras are off....

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn, already throwing her in there against Hayter. Should be a good match. Tough one to call because I don't think either one should be losing right now.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They need to make this the main event. Looking forward to this. The first match they had was fantastic. Stiff and brutal. I figured the reason they were able to get Suzuki is because he's not competing in the G1 this year.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
If these signings continue, as there is no reason to believe they won’t, I sincerely see AEW turning into WWE.

All those indy wrestlers/AEW originals are basically forgotten.

Seriously only a matter of time til another wrestling organization develops to be an alternative to AEWWE…..

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If these signings continue, as there is no reason to believe they won’t, I sincerely see AEW turning into WWE.

Seriously only a matter of time til another wrestling organization develops to be an alternative to AEWWE…..

What is the saying; 'Be the hero long enough to see yourself turn into the villian.'

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered

The wrestlers coming from the WWE is looking for time off with time to wrestle... Basically a comfortable schedule....

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor

Unlike WWE tho AEW has working relationships with essentially all the named promotions so there are plenty of places to work.

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unlike WWE tho AEW has working relationships with essentially all the named promotions so there are plenty of places to work.
The main thing people are forgetting is creative control and freedom AEW offers. Mick Foley touched on this and theyre alling him Judas on social media.

CM Punk and Moxely spoke about this numerous times.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

Not likely. There aren't that many people with the money and the desire to start a wrestling company let alone able to get TV to truly be a competitor. And most of the talent that'll end up leaving AEW is talent that shouldn't have been on national TV anyway like Hybrid, Marko Stunt, etc.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Calling AEW WWE is straight up blasphemy. AEW is actually entertaining and books there shows well more quite regularly.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Not likely. There aren't that many people with the money and the desire to start a wrestling company let alone able to get TV to truly be a competitor. And most of the talent that'll end up leaving AEW is talent that shouldn't have been on national TV anyway like Hybrid, Marko Stunt, etc.
They've booked Hybrid poorly. Angelico was great in Lucha Underground. Jack Evans was one of the best and innovative high flyers at 1 time. They need to split them up & put Angelico into another faction. Maybe throw him in with Aldrade.

Last edited: