ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
Shit man at this point why not hire some television writers or script writers? SOMETHING. There has to be a way to generate new ideas. I mean they are rehashing failed storylines from the past they won't even rehash their successful ones....

They have lol

There was one writer who had just got hired this year, a sista. She went on some podcast and admitted she didn't know anything about wrestling. She was writing stories for Bobby Lashley and wasn't even sure what his name was. But she was writing story ideas for the Hurt Business when they were together.

WWE fired her because she said that.

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
They have lol

There was one writer who had just got hired this year, a sista. She went on some podcast and admitted she didn't know anything about wrestling. She was writing stories for Bobby Lashley and wasn't even sure what his name was. But she was writing story ideas for the Hurt Business when they were together.

Yeah, Freddie Prince Jr and Patrice O'Neal were writers for the WWE at one point....

It's crazy...

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
That Suzuki / Mox match felt more like a favor to Mox to wrestle one of his idols in his hometown.

That's what I gathered.

I don't follow NJPW either, but at All Out Suzuki came off as a legend and like a super tough guy, probably works a stiff style, has a maniac gimmick like Moxley, and people love his theme. He's one of those names that I always hear when people talk about how much they love NJPW and the dream matches they would like to see with those guys.

I didn't need any further explanation to be honest. I understood it to be a big deal to somebody, it just wasn't me.

It's not for everybody, but for the people that are into it, I'd say let them have that. Seemed like they need a longer match to do it justice.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's the whole brit baker /tony schiavone thing?

Are they in a relationship, family or what?
Tony was instrumental in getting Britt over when she first turned heel, playing the straight man/nice guy and letting her make fun of him.
Now they have almost like a father/daughter relationship.
I was curious how Adam Cole would feel about the whole thing. I guess we got our answer last night. LOL

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1. Jon Moxley ($6 Million)
If having Jericho is a flex for AEW, then having WWE’s Dean Ambrose over as Jon Moxley is a straight-up middle finger. Moxley is the reigning AEW World Champion with a net worth of $6.1 million. Unlike the low pay $2.2 million he got during his time with WWE, AEW pays him a good amount of $6 million.
ALSO READ: AEW Rampage First Dance Debuts And Here’s All You Need To Know
Recommended: Sports Physiotherapy Courses
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tags :
Chris Jericho Cody Rhodes Jon Moxley

Moxley is the highest paid AEW wrestlers? My damn.....shit. Good for him because I could never pay him that if I owned it lol.
I'm calling bullshit on this. Ain't no way he's making him that much. I'm sure Punk and Brian Danielson are making more now.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit man at this point why not hire some television writers or script writers? SOMETHING. There has to be a way to generate new ideas. I mean they are rehashing failed storylines from the past they won't even rehash their successful ones....
Like bro said, that's been the problem with WWE is hiring these Hollywood writers.
Most of them don't even watch wrestling and are just working there to pad their resume for the next gig.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh
I'm calling bullshit on this. Ain't no way he's making him that much. I'm sure Punk and Brian Danielson are making more now.
Oh this is pre-Punk and Bryan......but even then....if you them? Doesn't your agent come the table and be like whatever Moxley got we want double? I mean shit.......but shit based on that list Moxley getting 3 million more than Cody and Omega.
How long before Vince ruins him too? :rolleyes2:

They about to rehash Angle's gimmick.........

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They have lol

Well shit she did a good job because for awhile Hurt Business was the best thing they had going. I guess its tough to comment on if it worked or not but I've seen them hire guys like Freddie Prinze but I always just assumed they don't listen to a damn thing they say. They still will go with the outdated story from the early 90's......

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like bro said, that's been the problem with WWE is hiring these Hollywood writers.
Most of them don't even watch wrestling and are just working there to pad their resume for the next gig.
Are we sure though how much input they are giving? And I'm not saying they should strictly listen to Hollywood writers but I think there has to be some way for them to come together and try something new.....hell the fact that the sister he brought up hadn't seen the product to me that's good. I want someone fresh and new that can't even rehash shit we've seen before. But I have a strong feeling that a lot of the shit we see are based around shit that Vince wants and we know that's some outdated shit.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
Are we sure though how much input they are giving? And I'm not saying they should strictly listen to Hollywood writers but I think there has to be some way for them to come together and try something new.....hell the fact that the sister he brought up hadn't seen the product to me that's good. I want someone fresh and new that can't even rehash shit we've seen before. But I have a strong feeling that a lot of the shit we see are based around shit that Vince wants and we know that's some outdated shit.

Vince is known to rip up scripts hours before the shows and they have to scramble to put some shit together, and that's why you'll see all these incohesive storylines.

Like two weeks ago on Raw, they booked like 3-4 matches for the next episode of Raw. Promoted them, had graphics for them and everything. Then when that next episode came, none of the matches they announced the previous week happened because Vince was like "fuck this shit."

And it defeats the purpose of watching Raw and SD to me. It's like "why follow what happens on Raw when none of it will be relevant when the PPV match happens?"

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Well shit she did a good job because for awhile Hurt Business was the best thing they had going. I guess its tough to comment on if it worked or not but I've seen them hire guys like Freddie Prinze but I always just assumed they don't listen to a damn thing they say. They still will go with the outdated story from the early 90's......
Vince rips up scripts and storyboards as soon as he walks in the doors...

One time he had them wow it seven times before he just ran it the way he wanted it and then the wrestlers will get the scripts hours before the show starts.... And that's if he didn't change the matches yet....

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Vince is known to rip up scripts hours before the shows and they have to scramble to put some shit together, and that's why you'll see all these incohesive storylines.

Like two weeks ago on Raw, they booked like 3-4 matches for the next episode of Raw. Promoted them, had graphics for them and everything. Then when that next episode came, none of the matches they announced the previous week happened because Vince was like "fuck this shit."

And it defeats the purpose of watching Raw and SD to me. It's like "why follow what happens on Raw when none of it will be relevant when the PPV match happens?"
Damn... Five minutes too late.... :lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Vince rips up scripts and storyboards as soon as he walks in the doors...

One time he had them wow it seven times before he just ran it the way he wanted it and then the wrestlers will get the scripts hours before the show starts.... And that's if he didn't change the matches yet....

It shows its why the product is what it is......sucks man...WWE fans WANT to like the product. People BEG to like it and they just don't get it or HE just doesn't get it.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think that sista had anything to do with pushing the Hurt Business. She couldn't even get Bob Lashley's name right.
I've heard her once and got bedwench/lesbo vibes.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
It shows its why the product is what it is......sucks man...WWE fans WANT to like the product. People BEG to like it and they just don't get it or HE just doesn't get it.

He doesn't get it. And it sucks because Vince will run shit until he physically can't, and he looks like he could hang in there at least another 10 years.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL Investor
I really hope this doesn't bury the day one AEW talent. Cause when was the last time you saw Joey Janella? Him and the gay black dude seemed to have a feud going and then nothing, unless all that played out on Dark. This MMA/AEW with Scorpio Sky doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

He's still on Dark, last week they've paired him with (what I'm confidently assuming is) another transformer. Some swole muthafucka in a dress and a wig.

Starting to wonder if Joey is in the alphabet community.

My bad, I take that back, she's just a swole ass woman. I should've figured she was one of Jade's friends.

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Austin bit off of Sandman and so on and so forth....

It's part of the biz to make it your own after you get the template...
Tony was instrumental in getting Britt over when she first turned heel, playing the straight man/nice guy and letting her make fun of him.
Now they have almost like a father/daughter relationship.
I was curious how Adam Cole would feel about the whole thing. I guess we got our answer last night. LOL
Agreed with that Austin statement and that baybay guy is with Britt?

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That Suzuki / Mox match felt more like a favor to Mox to wrestle one of his idols in his hometown.

They're feeding all the Japan greats to Mox. I guess to not have him go for the top belt for a while. The problem is, Omega, Cody, Mox, BD, Adam Cole, Miro, Hangman, Malikai, Andrade, Bryan Cage, Jericho, MJF, Christian Cage, Punk, Jake Hager, Jungle Boy, Lance Archer, Orange Cassidy, PAC, Ricky Starks, Sammy, Scorpio Sky, Shawn Spears, Darby, Sting & Wardlow. Bray & Braun are still out there.

You have all these dudes fighting for 1 or 2 belts. There's not enough show in 2 hours on Wednesday and 1 hour on Friday to book them all. I think AEW is going to have a problem of too many top tier wrestlers and not enough screen time for them.