Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
They're feeding all the Japan greats to Mox. I guess to not have him go for the top belt for a while. The problem is, Omega, Cody, Mox, BD, Adam Cole, Miro, Hangman, Malikai, Andrade, Bryan Cage, Jericho, MJF, Christian Cage, Punk, Jake Hager, Jungle Boy, Lance Archer, Orange Cassidy, PAC, Ricky Starks, Sammy, Scorpio Sky, Shawn Spears, Darby, Sting & Wardlow. Bray & Braun are still out there.

You have all these dudes fighting for 1 or 2 belts. There's not enough show in 2 hours on Wednesday and 1 hour on Friday to book them all. I think AEW is going to have a problem of too many top tier wrestlers and not enough screen time for them.
Not too many can match the Japanese style wrestling with the American style wrestling....

Omega, Mox, Hangman and Lance Archer can do it because they either trained it or have a high threshold of pain to take it.

The others you mentioned would need therapy after a match with Pitbull, Okada or even Ibushi (especially if he turns murderous in the ring)

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They're feeding all the Japan greats to Mox. I guess to not have him go for the top belt for a while. The problem is, Omega, Cody, Mox, BD, Adam Cole, Miro, Hangman, Malikai, Andrade, Bryan Cage, Jericho, MJF, Christian Cage, Punk, Jake Hager, Jungle Boy, Lance Archer, Orange Cassidy, PAC, Ricky Starks, Sammy, Scorpio Sky, Shawn Spears, Darby, Sting & Wardlow. Bray & Braun are still out there.

You have all these dudes fighting for 1 or 2 belts. There's not enough show in 2 hours on Wednesday and 1 hour on Friday to book them all. I think AEW is going to have a problem of too many top tier wrestlers and not enough screen time for them.

The belt is a symbol to sell more merch and to be the top guy. I would think getting the belt isn't as important as just DOING SOMETHING!!! Most of those guys you listed weren't getting over in previous companies and just had horrible storylines or were sitting back in catering, but here they are building a following, getting on national tv.

I think the way AEW is going to do title changes where you won't see it change every few months. Them not having a PPV every month helps extend that title reign.

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Taz should be his Paul Heyman.

Cage is cool, but he's a little undersized for a big guy.
Yeah height wise...

So this bullet club group of old, who owns the name or rights bc it seems like most are in the elite! This is my first time hearing Adam Cole speak bc I never watched nxt... There are a bunch of villains on the mic here and I like it

Last edited:

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Cage has zero charisma and his character is bland. Nothing about him stands out other than his physique. That's why he can't get over with the fanbase. He's a solid worker but he works more like a cruiserweight than a powerhouse. How Miro works is how Cage should be working and if he ever wants to get pushed as a main eventer he's going to have to learn how to cut promos. I don't see him ever being anything more than a midcarder like Archer.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cage has zero charisma and his character is bland. Nothing about him stands out other than his physique. That's why he can't get over with the fanbase. He's a solid worker but he works more like a cruiserweight than a powerhouse. How Miro works is how Cage should be working and if he ever wants to get pushed as a main eventer he's going to have to learn how to cut promos. I don't see him ever being anything more than a midcarder like Archer.
He's not a good worker. He looks stiff and confused at times in the ring. As you mentioned, he has no charisma.
He just looks like another juiced-up guy, kind of like the guys WWE was signing back in the day.
This is the first AEW talent I've heard complain about their spot in the business and he won't be the last.
Who knows, maybe WWE thinks they could do something with him and he leaves to be on NXT.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
It's like the complete opposite with Luchasaurus who's a big man that does Lucha style.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another thing I want to add to the whole Brian Cage situation is him and his wife crying on social media about how he's being underutilized isn't the way to go. If they have a problem with how he's being booked he should go directly to Tony Khan about it. That's a part of the conversation I'm not hearing from those two. Did Cage go to Tony Khan about it? Did he pitch some storylines ideas that would work to his benefit. It's not like Khan is hard to reach. He seems to be a pretty accessible guy.

With that being said If I was Khan I would spin this into a storyline. Turn Cage back to being heel and have him play up the whole "I'm not being given the the opportunities and respect that I deserve" angle. Bring in his wife too to be his valet. They could be a good heel couple if done right.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster

if they do seems like they program against what they hear on social media
or perhaps i am too much in the weeds and everyone online wants to see Charlotte win the belt every other week, thinks Alexa the GOAT, want countless rematches, love Karrion Kross' look, hates Keith Lee/Ricochet/Cedric Alexander, werent in on the Hurt Business, hated Braun Strowman, hated the Fiend, hate Tag Team Wrestling, loved the Becky Summer Slam return, etc

Last edited:

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
The fact that they got all these writers and they can't come up with real wrestling stories shows they are washed
Shows that they don't need "writers" because apparently they don't know ahit about professional wrestling and they don't care to. That should be a problem for the people in charge & it not being a problem is the issue

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I knew that fool was full of shit with his "retirement". He hurts his shoulder or whatever it was and acts like it's a career-ending injury like a neck injury.
I watched a video this morning from about this and they made it seem like it's possible a manager role. No wrestler really retires.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
I watched a video this morning from about this and they made it seem like it's possible a manager role. No wrestler really retires.

By all accounts Lio a good guy but seems to be a lil bit of an attention whore/drama queen
he always retiring, quitting or complaining. He complained while with the WWE (some of it valid), he quit MTV the challenge and seems to quit wrestling a few months

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
By all accounts Lio a good guy but seems to be a lil bit of an attention whore/drama queen
he always retiring, quitting or complaining. He complained while with the WWE (some of it valid), he quit MTV the challenge and seems to quit wrestling a few months
I think he's so focused on his music, everything is second place to him....

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Another thing I want to add to the whole Brian Cage situation is him and his wife crying on social media about how he's being underutilized isn't the way to go. If they have a problem with how he's being booked he should go directly to Tony Khan about it. That's a part of the conversation I'm not hearing from those two. Did Cage go to Tony Khan about it? Did he pitch some storylines ideas that would work to his benefit. It's not like Khan is hard to reach. He seems to be a pretty accessible guy.

With that being said If I was Khan I would spin this into a storyline. Turn Cage back to being heel and have him play up the whole "I'm not being given the the opportunities and respect that I deserve" angle. Bring in his wife too to be his valet. They could be a good heel couple if done right.
Agreed... Maybe that's the twist...