gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
The NXT2.0 setup reminds me of the ECW reboot. When it was clear the Vince saw ECW less as a legit 3rd brand and more like a minor league show that shouldn't be taken seriously.

I doubt any of these reactionary changes WWE are making because of AEW will really affect the needle all that much in the long run anyway.

pretty much
NXT went from a legit 3rd brand/main roster alternative to legit development/WWE lite
I think there was a debut/repackaging in just about every segment of the show.
- maybe its nostaglia but i was very impressed with Steiner Jr...I mean Bron Breaker. But it made no sense for LA Knight to take the fight before the 4 way (seems like Vince booking and shoe horning a debut)
- the new combo that tagged against Imperium looked random and underwhelming
- B-Fab looks like she a ways a way
- I like Carmelo and teaming him with another young black talent...but the promo was alil cringe to me and they didnt have alot of chemistry in the beatdown segment. I hope they can manage 2 young black groups with Hit Row & Melo/Hayes without being reduant.
- I like the new look attitude of Mandy and the pairing with the Goth chicks...seems like a good mix. I am suprised with mandy's looks she never got the Alexa Bliss/Carmela love on the main roster
- I fucking LOVE the CREED BROTHERS. I wrestled in High School and they embody the crazy meathead borderline cavemen white dudes that litered the sport. i knew dudes that had wrestling mats in their basement, i knew dudes that smacked each other and love pain. The Creed Brothers are the perfect embodiment of that. Plush the new chick in the crew has a nice unique look. Real talk Rhoddy in awhile might be an afterthought in his own crew.
- speaking of Rhoddy. the writing might on the wall for him and his former Undisputed brethen Kyle. Dude was written out the main event for a generic build a wrestler debut. I wouldnt have minded Pete Dunne getting the belt but cant go wrong with Ciampa
- its 2021 and WWE still doing outdated sterotypes. the italian dude from Chicago seems like something that was in the crates post sopranos that the WWE dusted off. But seems to be in line with the theme of WWE recruiting former collegic wrestlers which imo make some of the best wrestlers (Angle, Brock, Benjamin, Ziggler, Gable, etc)
- I enjoyed the Index wedding. Its something NXT has been building to for awhile (unlike the type of hotshot booking they did with Lana/Lashley/Rusev). I also liked the Way reuniting. But with Johny's contract expiring i wonder what the direction the group goes in. I think Theory has alot potential and Lumis is ready made for the main roster with gimick and body type. Hopefully Johnny is on his way out we get one more go with Ciampa but long term it looks like Bronn is next

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
pretty much
NXT went from a legit 3rd brand/main roster alternative to legit development/WWE lite
I think there was a debut/repackaging in just about every segment of the show.
- maybe its nostaglia but i was very impressed with Steiner Jr...I mean Bron Breaker. But it made no sense for LA Knight to take the fight before the 4 way (seems like Vince booking and shoe horning a debut)
- the new combo that tagged against Imperium looked random and underwhelming
- B-Fab looks like she a ways a way
- I like Carmelo and teaming him with another young black talent...but the promo was alil cringe to me and they didnt have alot of chemistry in the beatdown segment. I hope they can manage 2 young black groups with Hit Row & Melo/Hayes without being reduant.
- I like the new look attitude of Mandy and the pairing with the Goth chicks...seems like a good mix. I am suprised with mandy's looks she never got the Alexa Bliss/Carmela love on the main roster
- I fucking LOVE the CREED BROTHERS. I wrestled in High School and they embody the crazy meathead borderline cavemen white dudes that litered the sport. i knew dudes that had wrestling mats in their basement, i knew dudes that smacked each other and love pain. The Creed Brothers are the perfect embodiment of that. Plush the new chick in the crew has a nice unique look. Real talk Rhoddy in awhile might be an afterthought in his own crew.
- speaking of Rhoddy. the writing might on the wall for him and his former Undisputed brethen Kyle. Dude was written out the main event for a generic build a wrestler debut. I wouldnt have minded Pete Dunne getting the belt but cant go wrong with Ciampa
- its 2021 and WWE still doing outdated sterotypes. the italian dude from Chicago seems like something that was in the crates post sopranos that the WWE dusted off. But seems to be in line with the theme of WWE recruiting former collegic wrestlers which imo make some of the best wrestlers (Angle, Brock, Benjamin, Ziggler, Gable, etc)
- I enjoyed the Index wedding. Its something NXT has been building to for awhile (unlike the type of hotshot booking they did with Lana/Lashley/Rusev). I also liked the Way reuniting. But with Johny's contract expiring i wonder what the direction the group goes in. I think Theory has alot potential and Lumis is ready made for the main roster with gimick and body type. Hopefully Johnny is on his way out we get one more go with Ciampa but long term it looks like Bronn is next
That build a wrestler is Matt Bloom's(aka A Train aka one of WWE head wrestling trainers)son. They changed Steiners son name, he was gonna be Rex Steiner. Bronn Breakker is the 80-est shit I ever heard. Like some Saturday Night Slam Masters shit.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
That build a wrestler is Matt Bloom's(aka A Train aka one of WWE head wrestling trainers)son. They changed Steiners son name, he was gonna be Rex Steiner. Bronn Breakker is the 80-est shit I ever heard. Like some Saturday Night Slam Masters shit.
That's incorrect. The build a wrestler is the son of Wayne Bloom aka one of the Beverley Brothers from the early 90's. He's not the son of A Train aka Matt Bloom

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What has NXT become. :smh:

Yes, NXT is basically RAW and Smackdown Lite now. I will say that visually on TV it looks a lot better now than the dark lighting before.
Like it or not, you need your minor league team (NXT) to be on the same page as your major league team (RAW and Smackdown).
I'm going to give it a chance before I completely start crapping on it.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Rex Steiner should have been able to keep his name being that Steiner is a legacy name. I wish Rick could have talked him out of working for Vince.

This is one on the main things I despise about WWE and that is their branding. Don't get me wrong in the golden era Vince branding was much better but his cut throat isolationist practices is why talent want to go to AEW. I have no problem if the branding works for both parties(think Taker), but I think the workers should get final say of their name.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
That's incorrect. The build a wrestler is the son of Wayne Bloom aka one of the Beverley Brothers from the early 90's. He's not the son of A Train aka Matt Bloom
Got my Bloom wrong, my bad

provided my point he is a build a wrestler that shouldnt have been in the main event. there was no rhyme or reason or reference to his lineage. he was generic as hell other than being blonde & having decent height

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn't watch but it's fucking stupid to disregard that he's a legacy.

Vince sure likes alliteration when it comes to names :lol:
I agree, I prefer he keep the Steiner name but his dad only wrestled in the WWF briefly in the early 90s and has been completely out of the wrestling business for a while now and Scott Steiner had a falling out with the company.
They only acknowledge legacies like Orton, Rock, Usos, etc. where their dad was in the company for a while and left on good terms.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Rex Steiner should have been able to keep his name being that Steiner is a legacy name. I wish Rick could have talked him out of working for Vince.

This is one on the main things I despise about WWE and that is their branding. Don't get me wrong in the golden era Vince branding was much better but his cut throat isolationist practices is why talent want to go to AEW. I have no problem if the branding works for both parties(think Taker), but I think the workers should get final say of their name.

I think they can if they are willing to allow WWE to own their trademarked names
calling ___________ Steiner would've been ideal. He looks just like his dad, wrestles like his namesakes and wore the same type singlets they wore (I do appreciate the subtle shot-outs by the annouce team). But I think since the Steiners are more associated with WCW/competition and no smart wrestler would sign their names over they went with the new moniker. Vince wants to own his creations from top to bottom where possible

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Well, he let Cody, Dustin, Axel and DiBiase keep their "names" so I don't know why he got his cut. Probably cause his dad isn't around to punk Vince out.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Well, he let Cody, Dustin, Axel and DiBiase keep their "names" so I don't know why he got his cut. Probably cause his dad isn't around to punk Vince out.

It's a head scratcher for me but I agree with you about Rick not being around. I am almost sure once he is future endeavored or contract expires he will take the Steiner name.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster

Cody had to fight/wait for the WWE trademark to expire
Dustin was Dustin Rhodes before WWF and Golddust
& Axel didnt go by his family name

WWE once to own you know from top to bottom.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cody had to fight/wait for the WWE trademark to expire
Dustin was Dustin Rhodes before WWF and Golddust
& Axel didnt go by his family name

WWE once to own you know from top to bottom.
Yep, WWE deals are basically the same as the 360 deals the record companies sign new artists to.
So many wrestlers are desperate to get into the industry and WWE is still the biggest company around so they sign without giving it much thought.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
provided my point he is a build a wrestler that shouldnt have been in the main event. there was no rhyme or reason or reference to his lineage. he was generic as hell other than being blonde & having decent height
:yes:

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
one of my biggest grips with WWE is how they simply give no fucks about story telling and/or long term character development
the business side and creative side are on two opposite sides

so Big E been on Smackdown teasing going after Roman but all of a sudden he cashes in Raw for no apparent reason or build. And of course when this fails cause Raw sucks, there arent legit contenders for him on Raw, and MNF is back it will time to hand the belt to some reliable like Orton or Edge cause Big E's run was unsuccessful

The setup should’ve been this…The Rock vs Roman Reigns at WM…Reigns beats The Rock….Big E cashes in at Mania and wins….the crowd goes wild tears and all

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
The setup should’ve been this…The Rock vs Roman Reigns at WM…Reigns beats The Rock….Big E cashes in at Mania and wins….the crowd goes wild tears and all
To add to that... The Bloodline jumps Big E for weeks until the New Day (Kofi & Woods) comes from RAW to even the odds and then Survivor Series Bloodline vs the New Day...

But the WWE will fuck that up too....

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another solid Dynamite. AEW knocking it out of the park and hitting their stride. This show set up and advanced so many different storylines. Next week's Dynamite is going to be fuckin' stacked.

Cody Rhodes vs. Malakai Black
FTR vs. Darby Allin & Sting
MJF vs. Brian Pillman
Britt Baker vs. Ruby Soho
Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson

Plus there will probably be a surprise in there too. Absolutely love it!

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Another solid Dynamite. AEW knocking it out of the park and hitting their stride. This show set up and advanced so many different storylines. Next week's Dynamite is going to be stacked. Cody Rhodes vs. Malakai Black FTR vs. Darby Allin & Sting MJF vs. Brian Pillman Britt Baker vs. Ruby Soho Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson Plus there will probably be a surprise in there too. Absolutely love it!
And it's not even a PPV......

SHITS CRAZY.....

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So Hobbs is the next person to be fed to Punk. At least Hobbs will get a high profile match out of it. This will be the biggest match of Hobbs's career.