Movie Trailer: Disney new animated movie Encanto with music by in-Manuel Miranda

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Disney’s Encanto Trailer Is Just Another Excuse for a Lin-Manuel Miranda Score
By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax

What in the Architectural Digest house of horrors hell has Encanto brought us? Did that wooden staircase turn into a slide? And the children are happy about this potential paralysis? We digress. As the latest stop on the 2021 cinematic-score express for Lin-Manuel Miranda, the Disney film revolves around an exceptional and fantastical family who live in an enchanted Colombian town cut off from the rest of the world, with everyone possessing some sort of magical gift that, while impressive, isn’t exactly practical. (Seriously, tell us what the benefits of shape-shifting are.) That is, everyone except Mirabel (Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Stephanie Beatriz), a bespectacled teen who’s coming to terms with the fact she has no special “gifts” of her own to show off. Miranda wrote all of the original songs for the film, which also stars Wilmer Valderrama’s voice. Encanto will be released this November.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
For Disney I think it has always been the music! The movies are timeless for their era, but that music puts it over. Plus it also creates another stream of income.

^^^^^

Kaboom

Moana and Encanto soundtracks are Fite and sold well. And CARRY the film to groups outside their target.

Sidebar...

Can't believe we STILL don't have a hip hop centered animated movie?

You mean the Roots Lin Manuel and please just hear me out...

Drake

Okay okay Pharrell

Couldn't create a timeless hip hop based soundtrack for a family friendly hip hop movie?

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Apparently Disney isn't doing too well. The MCU isn't as profitable as it used to be and they're losing subscribers on their streaming network for the first time.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Apparently Disney isn't doing too well. The MCU isn't as profitable as it used to be and they're losing subscribers on their streaming network for the first time.

We will see. I like the Disney + overhaul they doing

But be clear... EVERYONE losing right now.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In all fairness, everyone is losing subscribers. People left cable cause of the over 100$ bill they had just to sign up for streaming services that all total to more than the cable bill.

Disney doesn't have enough content to keep subscribers like a Netflix. The yearly MCU or Star Wars show isn't enough to keep a subscriber.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
In all fairness, everyone is losing subscribers. People left cable cause of the over 100$ bill they had just to sign up for streaming services that all total to more than the cable bill.

Disney doesn't have enough content to keep subscribers like a Netflix. The yearly MCU or Star Wars show isn't enough to keep a subscriber.

^^^^

This actor strike is not at all going where I thought it would.

I few of the really smart dudes on here predicted something close to this happening potentially because of streaming and AI

And don't forget video game actors striking next.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor

Technically, they should have like 80 years worth of content on top of all the new IP they've created. These dudes own both Marvel and Star Wars. They're the House of Mouse. Nah they fucked up bruh

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Technically, they should have like 80 years worth of content on top of all the new IP they've created. These dudes own both Marvel and Star Wars. They're the House of Mouse. Nah they fucked up bruh
No doubt! And for older people 80 years of content, to me would be worth the service. Most people let's say 30 and under aren't fcuking with Disney like that. Outside of the few adult oriented movies, there really isn't TV that would keep someone under the age of 35. Disney trying to keep a family friendly organization isn't going to make money especially when they're giving their channel free on cable. Why pay for a service that you give for free on cable and YouTubeTV a streaming service?

A streaming service doesn't make sense for the little content that they're trying to showcase. Putting that content on HULU a service that they have a majority stake in and an already established streaming service would make more sense.

I agree they fcuked up

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
No doubt! And for older people 80 years of content, to me would be worth the service. Most people let's say 30 and under aren't fcuking with Disney like that. Outside of the few adult oriented movies, there really isn't TV that would keep someone under the age of 35. Disney trying to keep a family friendly organization isn't going to make money especially when they're giving their channel free on cable. Why pay for a service that you give for free on cable and YouTubeTV a streaming service?

A streaming service doesn't make sense for the little content that they're trying to showcase. Putting that content on HULU a service that they have a majority stake in and an already established streaming service would make more sense.

I agree they fcuked up
Agreed here. But what does Netflix have that appeals to the under 35 demo? And is that demo that important for streaming subscriptions? It seems like you'd want to appeal to ppl nearing middle age who don't really go out as much and have the disposable income to spend on several streaming networks.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed here. But what does Netflix have that appeals to the under 35 demo? And is that demo that important for streaming subscriptions? It seems like you'd want to appeal to ppl nearing middle age who don't really go out as much and have the disposable income to spend on several streaming networks.
They have new content. What person under 35 wants to watch reruns of the Mickey Mouse Club? FOMO is a bytch to a person that lives their life through Social Media. . Then those over 35 barely have time to watch new shows let alone the old ones that they MIGHT watch. HBO and other Premium Cable channels can get away with going straight to streaming service as they have shows and content that can pull different age and households. Will they? No, they can't make that switch just yet. I think a couple of generations die off that don't know the power of the internet and how to use it, those channels will jump to streaming service only. But Disney is its own worst enemy. You ONLY appeal with family friendly content. They're making money (Marvel, Star Wars), but losing it with the cost to support this streaming service (data centers, AWS licensing, etc...)

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
They have new content. What person under 35 wants to watch reruns of the Mickey Mouse Club? FOMO is a bytch to a person that lives their life through Social Media. . Then those over 35 barely have time to watch new shows let alone the old ones that they MIGHT watch. HBO and other Premium Cable channels can get away with going straight to streaming service as they have shows and content that can pull different age and households. Will they? No, they can't make that switch just yet. I think a couple of generations die off that don't know the power of the internet and how to use it, those channels will jump to streaming service only. But Disney is its own worst enemy. You ONLY appeal with family friendly content. They're making money (Marvel, Star Wars), but losing it with the cost to support this streaming service (data centers, AWS licensing, etc...)
Disney used to own Miramax which had a lot of R rated films. I don't know if they own the rights to that stuff now and probably don't want to take the streaming site into that direction yet but it's definitely something they could do. Honestly, probably doesn't cost that much to get new content if that's the only thing that's holding them back. A lot of shit is cheap to produce nowadays since it's all digital.