Music Class: 1989 Sybil - Dont Make Me Over

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This was a pretty big hit back then and for her... today it sounds like a demo.. Except for her singing...everything on this joint is synths and drum machine. :giggle:

NO REAL INSTRUMENTS WERE USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS SONG.

you could produce this song today on someones iphone and not use all the components:lol:

this was the SHIT in 89 but its paper thin today.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Go to sleep… beat is still hot and it’s catchy.. shit is way hotter than mad shit that is out.. you talking about paper thin have you heard the garbage that is out now

ice spice wish she could have something sound as good as this
I never said the beat was wack just that the song consists of just a drum machine and a synth. If Sybil could play keyboards she could play the whole song by herself in a basement studio and still have the same quality.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I never said the beat was wack just that the song consists of just a drum machine and a synth. If Sybil could play keyboards she could play the whole song by herself in a basement studio and still have the same quality.
It is what it is and she made a hit utilizing it.. something simple that became big

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've heard this played on the radio and thrown in to a mix at noon for decades.

A cleaver way of a combination of an older song ,house,go go and hip-hop.It could be played right now.