Music Class: 50 Cent - In Da Club

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
* That BEAT :dance: You gotta give it to Dre...and 50 Cent made SURE to come off on this. The video the promotion the singles that followed...Aftermath fully utilized EVERYTHING at their disposal to make SURE 50 was THE rapper of the time. This sh*t STILL bangs. In a way it was the GIFT and the CURSE cause it was IMPOSSIBLE to ever do this again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5qm8PH4xAss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​
[Intro]
Go, go, go, go, go, go
Go shorty, it's your birthday
We gonna party like it's your birthday
We gonna sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a fuck it's not your birthday

[Hook]
You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub'
Look mami I got the X if you into taking drugs
I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love
So come gimme a hug if you're into getting rubbed

[Verse 1]
When I pull up out front, you see the Benz on dubs
When I roll 20 deep, it's 20 knives in the club
Niggas heard I fuck with Dre, now they wanna show me love
When you sell like Eminem, and the hoes, they wanna fuck
But homie ain't nothing changed: hoes down, G's up
I see Xzibit in the cut: "hey nigga, roll that weed up!"
If you watch how I move you'll mistake me for a player or pimp
Been hit with a few shells but I don't walk with a limp
In the hood, in L.A. they saying "50 you hot"
They like me, I want them to love me like they love 'Pac
But holla in New York them niggas will tell you I'm loco
And the plan is to put the rap game in a choke hold
I'm fully focused man, my money on my mind
Got a mill' out the deal and I'm still on the grind
Now shorty said she feeling my style, she feeling my flow
Her girlfriend willing to get bi and they ready to go

[Hook]

[Bridge]
My flow, my show brought me the dough
That bought me all my fancy things
My crib, my cars, my pools, my jewels
Look nigga I done came up, and I ain't changed

[Verse 2]
And you should love it way more than you hate it
Nigga you mad? I thought that you'd be happy I made it
I'm that cat by the bar toasting to the good life
You that faggot-ass nigga trying to pull me back, right?
When my joint get to pumping in the club, it's on
I wink my eye at your bitch, if she smiles, she gone
If the roof on fire, let the motherfucker burn
If you talking about money, homie, I ain't concerned
I'mma tell you what Banks told me: "cuz go ahead, switch the style up
If the niggas hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up"
Or we can go upside your head with a bottle of bub'
They know where we fucking be

[Hook]

[Outro]
Don't try to act like you don't know where we be neither, nigga
We in the club all the time, nigga, it's about to pop off, nigga
G-Unit

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The production was originally given to the hip hop group D12, but was passed on to 50 Cent because the group did not know how to approach the song. He recorded the track with only the drum beat present.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
In January 2006, 50 Cent was sued for copyright infringement by former 2 Live Crew manager Joseph Weinberger, who owns the rights to the rap group's catalog. He claimed that 50 Cent plagiarized the lines "it's your birthday" from the eponymous second track of former 2 Live Crew frontman Luther Campbell's 1994 album Freak for Life 6996 (also known simply as Freak for Life).

The lawsuit was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Paul Huck, who ruled that the phrase was a "common, unoriginal and noncopyrightable element of the song"

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n_GWTasBj1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Go, go, go, go, go, go
Go shorty, it's your birthday
We gonna party like it's your birthday
We gonna sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a fuck it's not your birthday
:dance:

* you KNOW they had no idea that this chant would become almost as famous to this generation as the Birthday Song

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In January 2006, 50 Cent was sued for copyright infringement by former 2 Live Crew manager Joseph Weinberger, who owns the rights to the rap group's catalog. He claimed that 50 Cent plagiarized the lines "it's your birthday" from the eponymous second track of former 2 Live Crew frontman Luther Campbell's 1994 album Freak for Life 6996 (also known simply as Freak for Life).

The lawsuit was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Paul Huck, who ruled that the phrase was a "common, unoriginal and noncopyrightable element of the song"

^Did not know this.

richlove

Rising Star
Registered
The shit went pop but it's not a rap classic.

It's a classic rap instumental though. and on a side note, why is something automatically not real or is considered less hip hop when a lot of people buy it. He's not rewriting nursery rhymes on the song...nigga talking about fucking instead of making love, bisexual hoes, smoking weed and drinking. It's not like he's rapping about doing the macarena. He can't help it, if it was popular. Or are you saying people are considering it a classic because it sold a lot and it's not really great rap music? Shit, Walk this way is a rap classic and I bet none of us know the words by heart.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
yo, why is this thread titled music class?

this is why...

it's a classic rap instumental though. And on a side note, why is something automatically not real or is considered less hip hop when a lot of people buy it. He's not rewriting nursery rhymes on the song...nigga talking about fucking instead of making love, bisexual hoes, smoking weed and drinking. It's not like he's rapping about doing the macarena. He can't help it, if it was popular. Or are you saying people are considering it a classic because it sold a lot and it's not really great rap music? Shit, walk this way is a rap classic and i bet none of us know the words by heart.

:cool:

:lol:

its just a discussion on that one particular song...

its place in hip hop history

the history behind it

its significance

where you were in life when you first heard

Used have classes like this in college when the prof. would just bring up a book, poem movie song and we had to discuss it and not just bring emotion but FACTS and opposing viewpoints.

It was a good exercise.

When I was teaching I would do it too...especially to these young so called hip hop fans who didnt really know nothing about the music they were playing.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
man cats will realize that 50 figured out this modern day pop rap shit

1. have a dope beat
2. focus purely on the hook
3. sell an image

and no one will care about the lyrics

this is 50 cent

thats why all of his shit is kinda wack now/no replay value

dude may be one of the most overrated rappers of all time

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ya for me this song didn't stand the test of time

man everyone everywhere was practically going crazy when this song came out...now I can barely listen to it

1. have a dope beat
3. sell an image

this is 50 cent

they play this at weddings, all types of parties and even bar bar mitzvah

that aint gonna stop ANYTIME soon.

I'm just saying...

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
they play this at weddings, all types of parties and even bar bar mitzvah

that aint gonna stop ANYTIME soon.

I'm just saying...

maybe where youre from

but i havent heard it in years and when i do people moan

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One of the all time greatest club bangers.
Yea its played the fuck out but it had a monster run and it will come back around.
And the album is a classic.

Real2DaC0re

Rising Star
Registered
I couldn't stand this nigga when he came out. He came out like he was the shit beating his chest. I was on top this nigga come through and call me out then stole my whole style. I was singing on the hooks and rapping!. That was all me!!!

Ja Rule

Its MURRRRRR.........................................shit never mind.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The production was originally given to the hip hop group D12, but was passed on to 50 Cent because the group did not know how to approach the song. He recorded the track with only the drum beat present.

D12 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh god im glad that never happened

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
a classic means it can stand the test of time

are you telling me you can bump most of that album today?

Just because dude is over exposed doesn't take away from it.
I was actually listening to it last week.
Id listen to this over 90% of the crap out today.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

1. have a dope beat
3. sell an image

this is 50 cent

after grodt things got wack. but before grodt he was dope. mixtapes were bangin

brickwall92

Rising Star
Registered

1. have a dope beat
3. sell an image

this is 50 cent

I can prove you wrong and he has plenty of songs with replay value... here's a quick one

:yes::yes:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People can say whatever they want to but at the end of the day name another rapper whose done what he's done and ten years later their still around and relevant enough to have their name mentioned,good or bad in the media?.Right,you can't and won't find another rapper,atlest not at this moment in time.

Look at his body of work,including mixtapes which were better than a lot of currect rappers albums than and now and honestly tell me that someone won't be bumping his music somewhere on this earth or atleast remember the things he did musically?you can't and if you say no you're not being truthful.

grodt-was it a classic,yes it was and that's not based off of just album sales but a number of factors and one main one was that he was the hottest artist out at that time and no matter if you liked the album or you don't,doesn't mean it's not a classic album.
Some of the albums I see people quoting as classic,makes me laugh so there's no way grodt isn't.

A lot of people don't like bullies and 50 bullied his way into the game and most was rooting for him,the same way some were rooting for pac after he got out of jail and like with anything people turn,peoples attention spans get shorter and they get sick of seeing,hearing about the samethings and here comes the reverse hate.Which is ok but damn,some of it is just stupid commentes that don't add up even if it was true.

If 50 drops and sells 500k in one days,people makes threads,they laugh and make all types of comments but that's all based on stupidity because look at the music industry as awhole and tell me whose selling like this is 2000 again besides lady gaga,some legendary rock group,some motherfucker we never even heard of and the few pop artist that we have.

So cut the bullshit,keep it 100 and keep it moving.

Some of you old ass ol goats probably did the samething to hammer,turned on him(pre pumps n a bump) as soon as Ice cube stuffed him in a trunk and now he done took off all the black and got motherfuckers asking him "are we there yet".wish washy ass fans.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
no.

People can say whatever they want to but at the end of the day name another rapper whose done what he's done and ten years later their still around and relevant enough to have their name mentioned,good or bad in the media?.Right,you can't and won't find another rapper,atlest not at this moment in time.

Look at his body of work,including mixtapes which were better than a lot of currect rappers albums than and now and honestly tell me that someone won't be bumping his music somewhere on this earth or atleast remember the things he did musically?you can't and if you say no you're not being truthful.

grodt-was it a classic,yes it was and that's not based off of just album sales but a number of factors and one main one was that he was the hottest artist out at that time and no matter if you liked the album or you don't,doesn't mean it's not a classic album.
Some of the albums I see people quoting as classic,makes me laugh so there's no way grodt isn't.

A lot of people don't like bullies and 50 bullied his way into the game and most was rooting for him,the same way some were rooting for pac after he got out of jail and like with anything people turn,peoples attention spans get shorter and they get sick of seeing,hearing about the samethings and here comes the reverse hate.Which is ok but damn,some of it is just stupid commentes that don't add up even if it was true.

If 50 drops and sells 500k in one days,people makes threads,they laugh and make all types of comments but that's all based on stupidity because look at the music industry as awhole and tell me whose selling like this is 2000 again besides lady gaga,some legendary rock group,some motherfucker we never even heard of and the few pop artist that we have.

So cut the bullshit,keep it 100 and keep it moving.

Some of you old ass ol goats probably did the samething to hammer,turned on him(pre pumps n a bump) as soon as Ice cube stuffed him in a trunk and now he done took off all the black and got motherfuckers asking him "are we there yet".wish washy ass fans.