Music Debate: What are the MOST Memorable Opening Lines in Hip Hop?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Famous First Words: 55 Of Rap’s Memorable Opening Lines

I need to fam to weigh in just the FIRST LINE or TWO not a verse or CHORUS....

Tupac-Spit-re-540x463.jpg

1. 2Pac "Hit 'Em Up" -- "First off, f*ck ya b*tch and the clique you claim..." - You half expect him to follow up with "therefore."
2. Rakim "Paid In Full" -- "Thinkin' of a master plan, 'Cause ain't nothin' but sweat inside my hand..."

3. OC "Time's Up" -- "You lack the minerals and vitamins, Irons and the Niacins, F*ck who that I offend, rappers, sit back I'm about to begin." - Omar prescribes your recommended daily allowance of boom bap.

4. Snoop Doggy Dogg on "Nothin' But A 'G' Thang" -- One, two, three and-to-the fo'/ Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre is at the do'..." - Simple lyrics that introduced arguably one of rap's most dynamic duos.:D

5. Lady Of Rage on "G Funk Intro" -- "I'm sippin' on Tanqueray, with my mind on my money and my mouth full of ganj-a/ R-A-G-to the muthaf*ckin'-E, back with my aggin S-N-Double-O-P..." - After this verse and the popularity of Snoop's debut, no one needed to ask this Lady her name ever again.

6. Andre Nickatina "Smoke Dope & Rap" -- "I smoke chewy like a muthaf*ckin' nut..."

7. Belo of Do or Die on "Po Pimp" -- "It waaas....seven double-O PM, fly low to them hoes in the BM, Sipppin' Seagrams, crewin' on a weed stem, touchin' on my fo' fin...."

8. Ghostface Killah "Wildflower" -- "B*tch I f*cked yo' friend, Yeah you stink hoe..." - His E-Harmony profile description.:yes:

9. Twista "Kill Us All" -- "Standing in the midst of a hundred thousand haters, dynamite and C-4 strapped around my waist, Bloody tears in my eyes, hit the switch making sure any m*therfucker in the vicinity blow away and die..." - Visually, this opener is as good as it gets, especially on an album named Kamikaze.

10. The Notorious B.I.G "Warning" -- "Who the f*ck is this pagin me at 5:46, in the mornin crack of dawnin, now I'm yawnin, wipe the cold out my eye, see who's this pagin me and why..."

11. Ice Cube on "Straight Outta Compton" -- "Straight outta Compton, a crazy motherf*cker named Ice Cube..."

12. MF DOOM "Beef Rapp" -- "Beef rap, Could lead to gettin' teeth capped, Or even a wreath for mom dukes on some grief crap..."

13. 2Pac "Hail Mary" -- "I ain't a killa but don't push me, Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting pussy..." -To the end Pac was defiant. One of the hardest lines in the history of music.

14. Brother Lynch Hung "Situation On Dirty" -- "I got that nigga fo' about fo' zones, had to get dirty though..."

15. Cam'ron "Stop Calling" - "Well I'ma tell you straight up homeboy cause it's a cold world/Your wife, I call her ol girl', her head make my toes curl..." - Cam obviously believes in honesty being the best policy.

16. Lil Wayne "BM JR" -- "Murder capital, only key to survive is kill, If the elements don't murder you, the riders will..." - One of Weezy's hall of fame records started off with a bang.

17. Ma$e "I Need To Be" -- "How many n*ggas out remember the, First time they try to take a girl virginity..." - In high school (or junior high), we all had this kind of pressure.

18. Freddie Gibbs "National Anthem" -- "Back when I was younger, very ambitious but often blinded by my hunger, some say I dream too big and my dream gon' take me under..."

19. Prodigy on "Survival of the Fittest" -- "There's a war going on outside, no man is safe from..."

20. Jay-Z "Dead Presidents Pt. 1" -- "While others spit that Wonderama sh*t, me and my conglomerate shall remain anonymous, Caught up in the finest sh*t..."

slick-rick-re-540x677.jpg

21. Slick Rick "Children's Story" -- "Once upon a time not long ago, Where people wore pajamas and lived life slow..." - Hip-Hop + nursery rhymes = the art of storytelling.

22. Nas "One Mic" -- "Yo, all I need is one mic, one beat, one stage, one n*gga front, my face on the front page..."

23. Eminem "Insane" -- "I was born with dick in my brain, yeah, f*cked in the head, My stepfather said that I sucked in the bed..." - Em called this a rhyme gone wrong and it’s one of the most appallingly clever lines he’s opened with.

24. Big Boi on "Myintrotoletyouknow" -- "Time and time again see I be thinkin' about that future, Back in the day when we was slaves I bet we was some cool ass n*ggas..."

25. Yelawolf "Pop the Trunk" -- "Meth lab in the back and the crack smoke peels through the streets like an early morning fog..."

26. Kanye West "Stronger" -- "Let's get lost tonight, you can be my Black Kate Moss tonight..." - If there was ever a signifying moment when the fashion world became formally engaged with rap's unruly persona, this was it.

27. Ghostface Killah on "Ice Water" -- "Yo, yo, Check out the rap kingpin, the Black Jesus, I know a few n*ggas sniff coke, it cause seizures" - So random, it actually makes sense. Kiss the ring, you lackeys.

28. Lupe Fiasco "Little Weapon" -- "Little Terry got a gun, he got from the store, He bought it with the money he got from his chores, He robbed candy shop told her lay down on the floor, Put the cookies in his bag took the pennies out the drawer..."

29. Run on "King Of Rock" -- I'm the king of rock, there is none higher, Sucker MC's should call me sire, To burn my kingdom, you must use fire, I won't stop rockin' till I RETIRE..."

30. LL Cool J "I Need Love" -- When I'm alone in my room sometimes I stare at the wall, and in the back of my mind I hear my conscience call..."

31. KRS-One on "Criminal Minded" -- "Criminal minded, you've been blinded, Looking for a style like mine, you can't find it..."

32. Rakim "Microphone Fiend" - I was a fiend before I became a teen, I melted microphones instead of cones of ice cream..."

33. Inspectah Deck on "Triumph" -- "I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin' these..."

34. Eminem "My Name Is" -- "Hi kids!, Do you like violence?, Wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each one of my eyelids?..."

35. Kanye West "Barry Bonds" - "Dude!, Fresh off the plane, konitchiwa b*tches,Turn around another plane, my passport on pivot, As for what I did it, that assh*le done did it..." - Have a toast for the douchebag because talking sh*t in two languages has never sounded so easy.

36. The Notorious B.I.G. "Juicy" -- "It was all a dream I used to read Word Up! magazine..."

37. AZ on "Life's A B*tch" -- "Visualizing the realism of life and actuality, F*ck who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary..."38. Jay-Z "Public Service Announcement" -- "Allow me to reintroduce myself, My name is Hov..." - Only Jay-Z has the gravitas needed to pull off literally reintroducing himself.

39. Black Thought on "What They Do" -- "Lost generation, fast-paced nation, Word population confront their frustration..." - A reminder to slow down in this fast-paced world.

40. Dr. Dre "F*ck You" - "I just wanna f*ck bad bitches, all them nights I never had bitches, Now I'm all up in that ass bitches" -- Obviously Andre's doctorate wasn't in Women's Studies.

prodigy-e1297182202676.jpg

41. Mobb Deep on "Shook Ones Pt 2" -- "I got you stuck off the realness, we be the infamous you heard of us, Official Queensbridge murderers..." - P's free come March. It sure would be nice to hear this hunger again.

42. Curren$y "Elevator Music" -- "Number four Jordan soles to the floor, steppin through the elevator door select the level that i wanna be on/ one push of the button, be gone..."

43. Royce Da 5'9" "Shake This" -- "1977, July 5, conceived immaculately was me, my mom's gift..."

44. Lil B - "Like A Martian" -- "I'm gon' f*ck yo' b*tch n*ggaaaaa..."

45. Big L on "Da Graveyard" -- "Big L be lightin n*ggas like incense, Getting' men lynched to win tits, I'm killin' infants for ten cents..." - Harlem's still shook by L's ghost.

46. Lauryn Hill "Lost Ones" -- "It's funny how money change a situation, Miscommunication leads to complication..." - Lauryn cuts the cord, sealing her legend and subsequent downfall.

47. Kool G Rap "Streets of New York" -- "In the streets of New York, Dope fiends are leaning for morphine/ The TV screen followed the homicide scenes..." - 1980s Empire state of mind.

48. Phife Dawg on "Scenario" -- "Ayo Bo knows this, (What?!) and Bo knows that (What?!), But Bo don't know jack, cause Bo can't rap..."

49. EPMD "You Gots To Chill" -- "Relax your mind and let your conscience be free, And get down to the sound of E-P-M-D…"

50. Juvenile "Ha" -- "That's you wit' dem bad *ss n*ggas Ha?!, That's you that can't keep 'ol lady cause you keep f*ckin' her friends ha?!"

51. Method Man "Bring Da Pain" -- "I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain, Let's go inside my astral plane"

52. Main Source "Lookin' At The Front Door" -- "We fight every night, and that's not kosher, I reminisce with bliss of when we was closer"
53. André 3000 on "Skew it on the Bar B" -- "The common denominator, the n*gga numerator, Never know who the hater, n*ggas cater to your ego"

54. A Tribe Called Quest (Q-Tip) "Electric Relaxation" - "Honey check it out you got me mesmerized, With your black hair and yo' fat ass thighs"

55. ODB "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" -- "Shimmy Shimmy Ya Shimmy Yeah Shimmy Yeh!, Gimme the mic so I can take it awwayyy..."- Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

My vote is Deck (of Course) "Triumph" -- I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin these mockeries,

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Ice Cube on "Straight Outta Compton" -- "Straight outta Compton, a crazy motherf*cker named Ice Cube..."

needs to be higher

also
fuck the police coming straight from the underground:yes:

Mrboogieallnight

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"regardless of rain or snow, sleet or hail i kick street tales chocking n!ggas like im sprewell, golden state holding your fate in the palm of my hands blow you away like its part of the plan"--Nature banned from TV

KP404

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
YA'll crazy for forgetting this:

"I ain't a Killa but don't push me,
Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin' pussy"-2Pac/Makaveli-Hail Mary

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nas Verbal Intercourse
Through the lights cameras and action, glamour glitters and gold
I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe
When I'm deceased, by then the beast arise like yeast
to conquer peace leaving savages to roam in the streets

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He had that on the list at number 13, he can put the opening line of Ambition of a Ryda on there too. :yes::yes:

thereason

Star
Registered

lot of lines missing and need 2 be moved

"allow me to reintroduce myself, my name's HOV"

edit i see it at 38, but 38 wtf

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

13. 2Pac "Hail Mary" -- "I ain't a killa but don't push me, Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting pussy..." -To the end Pac was defiant. One of the hardest lines in the history of music.
:confused:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nas Verbal Intercourse
Through the lights cameras and action, glamour glitters and gold
I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe
When I'm deceased, by then the beast arise like yeast
to conquer peace leaving savages to roam in the streets

true!!!:dance:

NorthSide314

Support BGOL
Registered
Sticky Fingahs of Onyx "Last Days" - I'm thinking 'bout taking my own life, I might as well. Except they might not sell weed in hell.

Ice Cube "Fuck the Police" - Fuck the police coming straight from the underground, A young nigga got it bad cause I'm brown.

KP404

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:confused:

oh I didn't see it lol

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
It's midnight, dressed in all black
Me and Kay in a beige Cadillac
The seats maroon, system kickin a dope tune
Stars are bright, tonight's a full moon

The pistol's loaded, prepared to click
Armed and dangerous, lookin for somethin to stick
We creep through the block, not a cop to be seen
We hit the gamblin spot 2:13
Number book runners, kids known for scramblin
Thieves and drug chiefs are all inside gamblin
I'm takin mine straight off the top
Kick in the door and yell, "Bank stop!"
"Nobody move, Kay, pull the Uz
Prepare to buck any duck who refuse
Hands in the air, get against the wall
Empty your pockets, I'm takin it all
Cash, jewelry and drugs, even the keys to your ride
It's just a stick up, don't make it a homicide
No jokes or laughs, this is serious biz
Give up the money, you know what time it is
Nobody move"

[ taking out the gambling spot ]
Everybody on the floor, everybody on the floor!
- Yo man, I just won this!
Will you shut, we don't dispute, give up your money
- Y'all don't get no loot!
Shut up, punk
Takin everything

Hit the backdoor, made a clean getaway
Whoever said that crime don't pay?
No cops in sight, no sirens heard
Not a word on what had just occurred
We parked in the dark, counted out the g's
Mission accomplished, 40 thou and 2 ki's
Stepped to the bar, man, them girls was very hot
We picked the baddest two and got a room with a marriot
The scene was fine, bubble bath and wine
Champagne, caviar, jaccuz - the whole nine
Stunted em out and played em both like trash
Left em stranded, then we cut out with the stash
Time for the next hit, get ammunition
Throw on the war gear, prepare for mission
Shoulder strap, nine, glove, mask and all
We went to the bank to make a big withdrawl
Nobody move

[ preparing for the bank heist ]
Hey yo check this out
This is how we gon' do this, gee
Yo Rigg, I want you to go around the corner two times, gee
When you pull back around and we ain't out, just come in shootin
- No question
Yo Kay, just follow my lead, man
Whatever I do, just cover my back
And the first that move, gee, just bust it
- Yo, what's up with them cameras?
Yo man, this is what the masks is for, man
We..
I got this mapped out, man
We gon' get all this dough, don't even worry 'bout it

Gagged the security, the crowd froze
I grabbed a teller, stuck my nine in her nose
"Fill up the bags quick, this ain't a joke
One false move and everybody smell gunsmoke"
We hurried up and grabbed the dough
Got outside and seen nothin but five-o
Pull back the trigger and start to bop
( *3 shots* ) and three dropped
Puddles of blood, bullets flew like rain
People screamin, "This cop's got slained!"
The scene was hectic, mass hysteria
We found an escape route and left the area
But as we fleeced the beast was closin in
Licked a shot as I watched the barrel spin
Then in a instant Kay went down
Callin my name as he fell to the ground
Shot in the head, no chance of survival
He hit the concrete, dead on arrival
And still the beast was on my trail
Chasin now and facin life in jail
Petro, scared to death
Checked my gun, not one bullet left
What good is a pistol without no slugs?
I'm like a fiend with a pipe but no drugs
So I accept the fact I'm trapped off
Throw my hands in the air and prepare for up north
And now the rest of my life bein spent in
Comstock, Attica, [jail name] and Clinton
No dough, no hoe, no cars or gold
Just hard time and no chance for parole
But that's the price I gots to pay
For all the times when I used to say..
"Nobody move"

This song was the shit

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
"regardless of rain or snow, sleet or hail i kick street tales chocking n!ggas like im sprewell, golden state holding your fate in the palm of my hands blow you away like its part of the plan"--Nature banned from TV

:cool::cool: nate bodied that shit. i still play his stuff to this day. mann i miss crew joints where everybody was hungry. friendly competition without the beef and it wasnt about who had more bread.

Gza on Reunited
Reunited, double LP, world excited
Struck a match to the underground, industry ignited
from metaphorical parables to fertilize the Earth
Wicked niggaz come, try to burglarize the turf

i'll add Black Thought first lines on Act Too (The Love Of My Life). L
ines just hit hard as hell. like he puts you right there where you can visualize the shit without even having to use that many words.
The anticipation arose as time froze
I stared off the stage with my eyes closed and dove
into the deep cosmos
The impact pushed back, the first five rows

TitoJackson

Snicker's bar superstar
Registered
Sticky Fingaz "Slam" - I'm a b-boy Standin in my b-boy stance Hurry up and give me the microphone before I bust in my pants

callbacc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nas- Blaze a 50 "Blaze a 50, sit back in the drop top Azure Bentley.
of course wit me, this chick that'll make Bobby divorce Whitney."

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Scareface-Man I met this chick so fine, So bad She made me sick sometimes, I just had to fuck this bitch one time, I met her in the Galleria shopping.

Mo Pizorn

Star
Registered
"I sit alone in my four-cornered room staring at candles, dreaming of the people I've dismantled" - Mind Of A Lunatic----------------Scarface

Oh and
"I wanna rock right now"

bigjayler

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Five carloads deep, time to go to a show. Got massive crew and we're ready to roll so...
Guru-Soliloquy of chaos

Sampson

Rising Star
Registered
Biggie- Dead Wrong

Relax and take notes, while I take tokes of the marijuana smoke
Throw you in a choke - gun smoke, gun smoke
Biggie Smalls for mayor, the rap slayer
The hooker layer - motherfucker say your prayers

spicykjun

Star
Registered
"smoke somethin biiitch"pimp c

Pimp C: high life

I'm tired livin' fucked up, tired of livin' bad
Tired of hearing grandma tellin' me
When you gonna go to church Chad
Now I'm tryin' to live up to the image
That she would want me to be
But I got one foot in the street
And every week I flip a Ki
I never wanted to be a G
But niggas depend on me
It ain't safe to hit I-10
So niggas spend with me

z-ro these days
And these days seem like wherever i go the fake taking
over like real ain't cool no more And these days don't
nobody show love instead of lending a helping hand
they want to see blood and these days i know that god
be so mad daughters disrespect their mothers like sons
do their dads and these days i just don't know what
to do struggling just to make it homie what about you?

scarface; never
I would, never violate the codes of the streets
And I would never make a promise, that I know I couldn't keep
And I would, never testify, cop out for a plea
Or surrender information on my boys to the police
And you could, never catch me on the block without a strap
And I would, never pull it out unless I'm bouts to black
And I could, never forget my homies dyin for they scratch
Forever pourin out liquor for 'em, God send me back
and I'll, never shed tears, my heart is like a stone now
Never thought I'd live to see 21 look I'm grown now
Never say never they tell me all the time
Cause never means it's forever, but it's never crossed my mine

"its the one that smoe blunts witchya senior picture now they wanna grab they gets and come n getchya " june 27 dj screw

Last edited: