Music Discussion: Drake 'Scorpion' album will be a Double Album Dropping TODAY

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Drake reveals he had COVID and hair loss was a lingering side effect: 'It's coming back'

The 'Hotline Bling' rapper replied to a fan who made fun of his hairline and explained that his hair "grew in weird" after COVID-19.
By Julie Mazziotta
August 18, 2021 at 09:22 AM EDT

Drake was one of the millions of people who contracted COVID-19 in the last year — and he's still dealing with some lingering side effects.
The rapper, 34, revealed that he had the virus and it led to hair loss, which is finally improving now.

Drake shared the news on a fan's Instagram post, where they had made fun of his hairline.

"That heart is stressed ," the fan wrote, referring to a small heart that Drake has shaved into the top left of his head.
"I had COVID that s--- grew in weird I had to start again ," the "Hotline Bling" singer responded.

"It's coming back don't diss," he added.
Drake

| CREDIT: DRIZZY_DRAKE_VIDS/ INSTAGRAM
Temporary hair loss is a fairly common side effect of COVID-19, and a recent pre-print study from Indiana University found that around 33% of patients they surveyed noticed it as a symptom. Hair loss frequently happens due to stress, an effect called telogen effluvium, and severe illnesses like COVID-19 can stress out the body.

Actress Alyssa Milano has spoken openly about the "extreme hair loss" she's dealt with in the months since contracting COVID-19, along with "brain fog."

"It's hard, especially when you're an actor and so much of your identity is wrapped up in those things, like having long silky hair and clean skin," she said in October. "Along with that also, I have the brain fog. Which, again, as an actress, as someone who has to memorize dialogue and be able to emote, and respond, and be on my toes, it's frightening."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Come on man. Why bump this shit :lol:

That boy broke record with basically TWO mediocre albums.

I went back to listen to this and add this to CLB?

This man gonna be one of the biggest selling and influential hip hop artists

hold on

you gotta POP artist to that of his generation

WTF we as hip hop gonna do with that?

Besides just respect it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Drake recalls getting high before his Degrassi audition — thinks he might still be high​

We've all been there. Getting stoned for a beloved Canadian TV show, becoming the biggest rapper in the world, being ghosted by Rihanna. Relatable.
Lester Fabian Brathwaite

By Lester Fabian BrathwaiteJuly 05, 2023 at 05:16 PM EDT

00:28
00:30

Degrassi: The Next Generation

TYPE
  • TV Show
NETWORK
Drake — international superstar and world's saddest multimillionaire — is taking some time to reflect on his caviar dreams and champagne-papi life.
With his It Was All a Blur tour with 21 Savage launching tonight in Chicago following a series of delays, the "Nice for What" rapper is wondering if it — meaning his life — really was all a weed-induced blur.
The 36-year-old Canadian posted a voice memo to Instagram in which he revealed he was high when he auditioned for Degrassi: The Next Generation, the show that gave him his big break, and that he wonders sometimes if he ever came back down.

Drake in 2019; Drake on 'Degrassi: The Next Generation'

Drake in 2019; Drake on 'Degrassi: The Next Generation'

| CREDIT: KARWAI TANG/WIREIMAGE; CATV
"Someone asked me the other night what my biggest fear is, and I've never really had a good answer for it, but my answer was that all this is for nothing," Drake begins his soliloquy.
That question sent our little Aubrey Graham down into "a spiral of thought" and made him marvel at how "surreal" his life feels at times.
"I go back to this day when I was like 13 or 14," he continues. "I had an audition for a TV show that ultimately shaped my life, and before my audition, I went to this kid's house. And I, out of, I guess, a desire to be accepted, I would succumb to peer pressure, and I got high with these kids right before my audition."

That show is, obviously, Degrassi: The Next Generation, on which a baby-faced Drake played Jimmy Brooks, a basketball star whose promising career is cut short when he's shot by a classmate and paralyzed.
Though he initially worried that the teen drama would negatively impact his music career, hip-hop heads generally don't care that much about Canadian television and Drake's career has been flush with hit after hit... after hit... after hit.
"I kind of wonder, like, if something bad happened that day or, you know, maybe I'm still high, maybe I'm in some coma. And this is just, like, me playing out my ideal life," Drake concludes. "And yeah, that concept has stuck with me for a lot of years. I mean, it feels like reality, it feels tangible. But I definitely wonder sometimes."
Would this mean we're all figments of Drake's imagination? Because if so — we have notes.