Music Legal: Aerosmith Steven Tyler officially named in lawsuit alleging child sexual abuse UPDATE: Aerosmith cancel shows, retire from touring!

Journey

Rising Star
Registered
This alledge incident happened over 40 years ago. Isn't there a statue of limitations on this?

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Yes, I smashed a 16 yr old, but its OK because I was her guardian... That's his defense? :lol::smh::lol:

Did some online digging and found out the following.

The age of consent is 16 in 31 different states. If Tyler met her in one of those states then yes, it would be considered a consensual relationship.

She's from Oregon where the age is 18, but having sex with a 16 year old there is only a misdemeanor.

So at best Tyler is completely in the clear. At worst it's a crime comparable with shoplifting.

All of that said, I'm cringing at some of the Google ads I'm about to see.

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Did some online digging and found out the following.

The age of consent is 16 in 31 different states. If Tyler met her in one of those states then yes, it would be considered a consensual relationship.

She's from Oregon where the age is 18, but having sex with a 16 year old there is only a misdemeanor.

So at best Tyler is completely in the clear. At worst it's a crime comparable with shoplifting.

All of that said, I'm cringing at some of the Google ads I'm about to see.
interesting