Music Legal: Hootie & the Blowfish singer Darius Rucker arrested on minor drug charges in Tennessee UPDATE

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Darius Rucker’s ex-girlfriend Kate Quigley shades ‘d-bag’ after drug arrest: ‘All I can say is karma’​

Hours after news broke that the “Wagon Wheel” singer was arrested in Tennessee on minor drug offenses, his ex-girlfriend, comedian Kate Quigley, seemingly reacted with two less-than-empathic tweets.

“Yes. I’ve heard. All I can say is Karma,” Quigley, 42, wrote on X, the platform previously known as Twitter.

Less than an hour later, Quigley shared another thought, this time accompanied by a bikini selfie that captured her winking while sticking her tongue out.

darius-ruckers-ex-reacts-arrest-75791947-1.png

k-te-ig-ey-75790803.jpg

The comedian and country star dated for less than a year in 2020.

Darius-Rucker-s-Ex-Kate-Quigley-Shares-Snarky-Response-to-His-Arrest.jpg

Rucker was married to Beth Leonard for 20 years before they announced their split in July 2020. The exes share two kids together, daughter Daniella, 22, and son Jack, 19.

Rucker’s short-lived relationship with Quigley, 42, began following the country singer’s split from his ex-wife, Beth Leonard, in July 2020 after 20 years of marriage.

They took their relationship public that September with a snap of the comedian sitting on the “Wagon Wheel” artist’s lap.

It’s unclear exactly when the former couple called it quits, but they were over by September 2021 when she suffered an accidental overdose.

At the time, Quigley was at a party in Venice Beach, Calif., when she allegedly consumed cocaine and fentanyl with a group of friends.

Although they weren’t together, Rucker gave an update on her condition.

“You know, she’s doing great. She’s coming out of that,” he said at the time.

However, Quigley’s friends Fuquan Johnson, Enrico Colangeli and Natalie Williamson did not survive.

“My heart goes out to all the other victims, but [Quigley] is doing OK,” he added.

Quigley later took to social media to mourn her three friends, while also calling out the “Let Her Cry” singer for giving a health update on her behalf.

“Hi Darius, Could u plz refrain from making public comments about my health or well-being since u haven’t called once to see how i’m doing & have no clue?” she previously wrote. “Thanks Boo Boo!!!”

Quigley further confirmed that she and Rucker were no longer together when she admitted that she didn’t expect her ex to be civil while talking to reporters.

“That Stung. Won’t lie,” she tweeted at the time. “When i saw the TMZ report i thought, great. He’s probably writing a song about me called, ‘Let Her Die.'”

Darius-Rucker-and-Ex-Girlfriend-Kate-Quigleys-Relationship-Timeline-September-2020.jpg

Darius-Rucker-and-Ex-Girlfriend-Kate-Quigleys-Relationship-Timeline-May-2021.jpg

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Darius Rucker’s ex-girlfriend Kate Quigley shades ‘d-bag’ after drug arrest: ‘All I can say is karma’​

Hours after news broke that the “Wagon Wheel” singer was arrested in Tennessee on minor drug offenses, his ex-girlfriend, comedian Kate Quigley, seemingly reacted with two less-than-empathic tweets.

“Yes. I’ve heard. All I can say is Karma,” Quigley, 42, wrote on X, the platform previously known as Twitter.

Less than an hour later, Quigley shared another thought, this time accompanied by a bikini selfie that captured her winking while sticking her tongue out.

k-te-ig-ey-75790803.jpg

Rucker was married to Beth Leonard for 20 years before they announced their split in July 2020. The exes share two kids together, daughter Daniella, 22, and son Jack, 19.

Rucker’s short-lived relationship with Quigley, 42, began following the country singer’s split from his ex-wife, Beth Leonard, in July 2020 after 20 years of marriage.

They took their relationship public that September with a snap of the comedian sitting on the “Wagon Wheel” artist’s lap.

It’s unclear exactly when the former couple called it quits, but they were over by September 2021 when she suffered an accidental overdose.

At the time, Quigley was at a party in Venice Beach, Calif., when she allegedly consumed cocaine and fentanyl with a group of friends.

However, Quigley’s friends Fuquan Johnson, Enrico Colangeli and Natalie Williamson did not survive.

“My heart goes out to all the other victims, but [Quigley] is doing OK,” he added.

Quigley later took to social media to mourn her three friends, while also calling out the “Let Her Cry” singer for giving a health update on her behalf.

“Hi Darius, Could u plz refrain from making public comments about my health or well-being since u haven’t called once to see how i’m doing & have no clue?” she previously wrote. “Thanks Boo Boo!!!”

Quigley further confirmed that she and Rucker were no longer together when she admitted that she didn’t expect her ex to be civil while talking to reporters.

“That Stung. Won’t lie,” she tweeted at the time. “When i saw the TMZ report i thought, great. He’s probably writing a song about me called, ‘Let Her Die.'”

Darius-Rucker-and-Ex-Girlfriend-Kate-Quigleys-Relationship-Timeline-September-2020.jpg

Darius-Rucker-and-Ex-Girlfriend-Kate-Quigleys-Relationship-Timeline-May-2021.jpg
You can't always judge a book by its cover, but she looks kinda like a MAGA version of a "Material Girl". I'd bet he either saw through her, or she wasn't getting enough, fast enough and flipped out.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can't always judge a book by its cover, but she looks kinda like a MAGA version of a "Material Girl". I'd bet he either saw through her, or she wasn't getting enough, fast enough and flipped out.
more likely she was a cokehead that takes it in all holes and swallows but he looks like the occasional snort here and there but mostly a booze and weed head. And her coke habit outstripped her freakiness and he bounced....thats what I'm surmising:dunno:

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

“My heart goes out to all the other victims, but [Quigley] is doing OK,” he added. - [Darius Rucker]

That's what Darius Rucker said about his ex and her friends. He seems to be cordial about what happened.
And in that entire article she comes across as a hateful bitch.

She is the one that took fent and coco with her friends, Who wound up dying. f^ck her :angry:

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Seems like alot of attention for weed and microdosed mushrooms. That wouldn't even get a citation in Oakland.

As far as his ex, thats on him. She looks like a crazy CAC. She looks like the type you can't even fuk because she will cry rape when you don't call her afterwards. So used to playing a victim that she overdosed on coke and fentanyl and somehow made it off to be like HE was the one in the wrong.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
On the one hand, you know florida north gonna slap a black man for ANYTHING.

And on the other hand...nah, that's it. florida north gonna hem up a brother or sister any chance they get.
People are nice here in Tennessee when u don’t do anything stupid

Having drugs in the Bible Belt Is fucking stupid

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

k-te-ig-ey-75790803.jpg

It's a misdemeanor, he'll pay a fine and be on his way. It was some weed and shrooms.

But why did it take a year to test the mushrooms?

Karma will hit this haggard white woman and plastic surgery won't be able to save her.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

k-te-ig-ey-75790803.jpg

That bitch got my nigga Foo (Fuquan Johnson) killed :smh:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend