Music News: Garth Brooks Cancels Fallon, Today Show In Wake of Ferguson Fury

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Garth Brooks Cancels Fallon,'Today’ Show In Wake of Ferguson Fury

Garth Brooks is shelving some high profile appearances, including “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon,” in light of the Ferguson grand jury decision and its subsequent national protests, TheWrap has learned.

In addition to a visit with Fallon, he's called off chats with the “Today” show and “Live! with Kelly and Michael,” individuals close to the productions told TheWrap. Both appearances were slated to tape Tuesday.

“We landed in NY last night to the news of the civil unrest that was going on in our nation,” the singer posted to his Facebook page.

“To spend the day promoting our stuff like nothing was wrong, seemed distasteful to me,” he wrote, encouraging his followers to “love one another.”

“I will gladly reschedule any or all appearances the networks will allow,” Brooks concluded.

The successful country star is currently making the rounds with his ninth studio album “Man Against Machine,” which marks his first new material in 13 years.

A representative for Brooks did not immediately return TheWrap's request for comment.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/garth-brooks-cancels-fallon-today-show-wake-ferguson-195800545.html

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Meanwhile...

giphy.gif

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Meanwhile...

giphy.gif

damn......................

but lets not lose sight of whats important

i want people to be piss, mad, and upset but i dont want this to be just another moment

i want something to come from this! I want a change and trust and believe me when i tell you im not just sitting over here typing away and wishing upon a star. I got somethings im working on myself

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If this was genuine, Garth Brooks has a new fan. I don't care about what celebs are saying on social media, it doesn't matter until you do something...and this is something.

kefta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FUCK ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE THAT PRACTICE AND/OR SUPPORT RACISM/WHITE SUPREMACY!

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

:smh::smh:

:hmm:

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If this was genuine, Garth Brooks has a new fan. I don't care about what celebs are saying on social media, it doesn't matter until you do something...and this is something.

true

ross aint going to stop promoting his shit though he been going hard body on social media.............

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
See THIS is how people with money and influence are SUPPOSED to move. Are any of the Rams Listening? ????

Props!!!!

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
true

ross aint going to stop promoting his shit though he been going hard body on social media.............

Dude I was reading all the Ferguson tweets on my timeline and kept seeing Rick Ross Hood Billionaire. My cousin is retweeting it, but they are all tweets from today...at least he didn't tag them with Ferguson. I saw a lot of people on twitter doing that shit today...the main thing this situation needs right now is more moves in a positive direction...if you aren't contributing with a solution or giving updates from the city, don't use it for bullshit.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude I was reading all the Ferguson tweets on my timeline and kept seeing Rick Ross Hood Billionaire. My cousin is retweeting it, but they are all tweets from today...at least he didn't tag them with Ferguson. I saw a lot of people on twitter doing that shit today...the main thing this situation needs right now is more moves in a positive direction...if you aren't contributing with a solution or giving updates from the city, don't use it for bullshit.

are what i saw was a lot of clothing lines promoting their shit too.

That and the nigga doing the schamoney dance on the cop car almost had me about to give up............

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Garth Brooks cancels talk show appearances after Ferguson 'unrest'

Garth Brooks canceled his talk show appearances due to the "civil unrest" in the United States following the Ferguson decision.

"We landed in NY last night to the news of the civil unrest that was going on in our nation," Brooks said in a statement.

The singer felt it was wrong to "spend the day promoting [his] stuff like nothing was wrong."

"[It] seemed distasteful to me," the "People Loving People" singer continued.

The 52-year-old said he has plans to reschedule his appearances, networks permitting.

"Love one another," he concluded.

Brooks released his latest studio album, Man Against Machine, Nov. 11.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-appearances-due-to-civil-unrest-in-ferguson/

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
If I remember correctly, Garth Brooks has always been somewhat of a liberal social activist. Good for him. Respect.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
What the fuck is the big deal? He cancelled two promotional appearances that he intends to reschedule. It's not like he cancelled some concerts. Moreover, he cancelled them do to the civil unrest. He didn't cancel them to support Mike Brown. Why the fuck are you guys so happy?

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What the fuck is the big deal? He cancelled two promotional appearances that he intends to reschedule. It's not like he cancelled some concerts. Moreover, he cancelled them do to the civil unrest. He didn't cancel them to support Mike Brown. Why the fuck are you guys so happy?

In the statement, it appears he said it would look bad if he is in town promoting his shows and pretending like there is nothing else happening. If that is a righteous statement, he's done more than most celebrities have. He would have went on the show and pretend that right outside that studio, there weren't people angry about police brutality. Trust, I know the producers would have been all too willing to conduct business as usual.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
In the statement, it appears he said it would look bad if he is in town promoting his shows and pretending like there is nothing else happening. If that is a righteous statement, he's done more than most celebrities have. He would have went on the show and pretend that right outside that studio, there weren't people angry about police brutality. Trust, I know the producers would have been all too willing to conduct business as usual.

Those shows are being filmed in furgeson?

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Those shows are being filmed in furgeson?

No, but the protests are no longer limited to Ferguson. This is a worldwide movement now. They were protesting in Philly today. New York, Japan, Seattle, SoCal, England...this movement is being bigger by the day...it can't be ignored.