Music News: Jane’s Addiction’s Perry Farrell Throws Punch at Dave Navarro During Boston Concert

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
%D9%84%D8%A7-uh-oh.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A review of the band’s Tampa show earlier this month in Creative Loafing may have offered a hint of where some tension between Farrell and Navarro lies. The Florida critic reported: “Farrell launched into many nonsensical rants about cow pastures, mushrooms, surfing, living in Florida, and arguing with his brother about politics, among other undecipherable comments” while “chugging from a full bottle of wine throughout the performance. … At one point, during one of his ramblings, Navarro deliberately cranked out a loud, piercing chord on his guitar, as almost to silence Farrell and get the show back on track.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Ladies and gentlemen, I have to be honest with you. Something’s wrong with my voice,” Farrell admitted to the crowd on Tuesday before adding “I just can’t get the notes out all of a sudden.” The vocal issues were apparent in video of the concert and according to social media comments from those in attendance.

Eric Avery addressed the situation in an Instagram post before Wednesday’s show. “Looking forward to getting another crack at this spectacular rooftop venue tonight. I’m optimistic we will be better,” Avery wrote. Thankfully for those of us in the house on Wednesday, his positive outlook paid off.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Perry was standing there apparently reading the lyrics to the songs that he was singing on a tablet. It was already a fail and he has bigger issues than whatever beef he
has with Navarro