Netflix: Beverly Hills Cop 4 - Axel F Adds Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Taylour Paige w/ Eddie Murphy

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
all these it was great reviews and impressions and NO ONE picked up on the fact that there were NO titties in this flick

in the first two cop flicks there were strip club scenes and half nekkid dancers..

in this one...we see this

AVvXsEgjZEaDDBG0eKJiumI3ppsN5Inwtz4vjq-VzYsfglmk1KyeinHruvv8_xJh7zoj8K-TyRX6TqpXW1s8fsyb-R8pvkRKbXO5dVn2I2mRwdtIEmKOnGPNBzWRqIKAGsOjj5FMKHWfCb4zrCnLK4K6pPh3iHQwSgK9biPxUOysfsZr_5NvBpd7GqM2vXJJWMs=w640-h263

and a bunch of shirtless mexican dudes and fat bitches...

2edz0v5.jpg.gif

I know they were subverting many of the elements of the first two flicks but seriously...

and ya'll STILL was okay with this??? :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

I'm confused...if yall accept that shit then what was the beef with coming to america 2 again??
I look for titties in shitty shows like Power….for an Eddy Murphy led flick in 2024? I guess I want expecting it lol.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
please tell me he said the famous danny glover line at least one time in this movie

giphy.gif

Journey

Rising Star
Registered
OK I'm late to the party, but I just finally saw it.

Watching BHC 4 makes me appreciate Top Gun Maverick even more. Top Gun Maverick was a master class in how to make a sequel decades later that combines intriguing storyline, sentimental nostalgia, interesting characters and how to connect storylines decades later in an every changing world so that the tone of the movie can reflect modern times. Subsequently this is what BHC 4 got wrong or wasn't able to do every which way you turn imaginable.

What made the original BHC the classic that it is today assuming you were alive back then, was the fish out of water element with Axel Foley. That was the heart, pulse and soul of that movie. Prior to 1984 that was never really done before in cinema. So on screen there was always a contrast with Axel Foley and every single character around him in every scene implicitly or explicitly whether it be how to do detective work or solve cases, language, culture etc etc. So Axel Foley embodied what was considered hip and cool back in 1984 because there was a comparison or contrast for that to be visible on screen. Not to mention it had a good story line with comedic elements and action merged together and very memorable villians. That is the making of a classic film.

The fish out water element doesn't work in 2024. That element wouldn't translate on film successfully in 2024. So when you take that out, the main characters become unmemorable and uninteresting. It's never a good sign when your watching a movie and you don't care what happens to the main characters cause there is nothing about them to emotionally invest in.

The whole time I'm watching BHC 4 , it felt the movie was trying to imitate the original as suppose to trying to create it's own identity. If your watching BHC 4 and expecting the original your gonna be insanely & highly disappointed. Your expectations alone are gonna ruin it for you.

As a stand alone film without knowing that the original ever existed, it's alright. Not memorable but alright.

To get through this movie from start to finish your expectations need to be very low.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OK I'm late to the party, but I just finally saw it.

Watching BHC 4 makes me appreciate Top Gun Maverick even more. Top Gun Maverick was a master class in how to make a sequel decades later that combines intriguing storyline, sentimental nostalgia, interesting characters and how to connect storylines decades later in an every changing world so that the tone of the movie can reflect modern times. Subsequently this is what BHC 4 got wrong or wasn't able to do every which way you turn imaginable.

What made the original BHC the classic that it is today assuming you were alive back then, was the fish out of water element with Axel Foley. That was the heart, pulse and soul of that movie. Prior to 1984 that was never really done before in cinema. So on screen there was always a contrast with Axel Foley and every single character around him in every scene implicitly or explicitly whether it be how to do detective work or solve cases, language, culture etc etc. So Axel Foley embodied what was considered hip and cool back in 1984 because there was a comparison or contrast for that to be visible on screen. Not to mention it had a good story line with comedic elements and action merged together and very memorable villians. That is the making of a classic film.

The fish out water element doesn't work in 2024. That element wouldn't translate on film successfully in 2024. So when you take that out, the main characters become unmemorable and uninteresting. It's never a good sign when your watching a movie and you don't care what happens to the main characters cause there is nothing about them to emotionally invest in.

The whole time I'm watching BHC 4 , it felt the movie was trying to imitate the original as suppose to trying to create it's own identity. If your watching BHC 4 and expecting the original your gonna be insanely & highly disappointed. Your expectations alone are gonna ruin it for you.

As a stand alone film without knowing that the original ever existed, it's alright. Not memorable but alright.

To get through this movie from start to finish your expectations need to be very low.
I agree (except fish out water trope is a staple element in cinema.... A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court is a movie from 1949 for example) which is why I'm so confused as to why most on the thread liked it like that. To be honest the fish out of water thing was done by the 2nd movie but that flick got over on eddie's star power by that point.

Last edited: