Netflix - Russian Doll - 100% on rotten tomatoes

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
When I watched the trailer a few weeks ago I thought that this was going to be a movie like a female groundhog day. It drops on Netflix today and it's a series. I said man that shit wont work but I'm on episode 7 and it works.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Watching it now.

It's okay. The lead actress is grating and some of the actions taken by the characters is illogical.

Still watchable though.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Fuck this. I'm waiting for

Happy_Death_Day_2U_promo_poster.jpg

to drop. The first one was off the hook!

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I don't quite like shows where the same scene is revisited several times (main character in the bathroom). This one overdoes it and takes away from the story. I think by now we all know that she has premonitions about her life/death but what else? An okay show in my book because of its redundancy.

Last edited:

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
I’m going to check it out later on this coldest day of the week. Im checking out the Promise on Prime now

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It was very very good (considering this concept is being used to death pardon the pun)

and I love 30 min episodes

but to be THAT short and STILL felt like it was taking to long to get where it is going?

Not good

I'm happy the lead toned down the exaggerated Jewish stereotype voice and hand motions

story was deep as hell

and Alan's story arc really resonated

GREAT acting.

but I really don't need a 2nd season

this was perfect

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Russian Doll Gets a Second Season So We Can Live in an Eternal Loop With Natasha Lyonne
By Jordan Crucchiola@jorcru
russian-doll-1.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: Courtesy of Netflix

Orange Is the New Black might be ending, but Netflix is making sure you have a steady stream of Natasha Lyonne content for at least a little bit longer. The streamer renewed Russian Dollfor an eight-episode second season, with the news coming today from Lyonne and a Netflix exec at the Recode tech conference. The star didn’t give any details for what’s to come beyond saying, “Same show, just weirder.” Doll’s co-creators previously told The Hollywood Reporter that they pitched the show to Netflix as a three-season arc with, “Nadia was a presence throughout all three of them.” Fortunately, Lyonne is a pretty good person to be stuck with in an infinite time loop.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
When I watched the trailer a few weeks ago I thought that this was going to be a movie like a female groundhog day. It drops on Netflix today and it's a series. I said man that shit wont work but I'm on episode 7 and it works.

Like a La Femme Nikita female super spy type?