New HULU Series: Extraordinary its like the Boys meets Friends meets Gen V but British

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Shows like this are funny...cute even...but I always struggle to wrap my head around a world where EVERYONE has powers. How do you even have a society? A telepath, can pretty much create an army of "supes" to take over the world? Economics? Some of them can walk through walls and take what every they want? Secrets? People can read thoughts and know you fucked your neighbor's wife (twice this morning, when your wife left) A regular fist fight, could mean imminent death for all involved.
How do they handle Power abuse on minor or massive scales?
@playahaitian

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Shows like this are funny...cute even...but I always struggle to wrap my head around a world where EVERYONE has powers. How do you even have a society? A telepath, can pretty much create an army of "supes" to take over the world? Economics? Some of them can walk through walls and take what every they want? Secrets? People can read thoughts and know you fucked your neighbor's wife (twice this morning, when your wife left) A regular fist fight, could mean imminent death for all involved.
How do they handle Power abuse on minor or massive scales?
@playahaitian

That is where the writing comes in

No matter what power you have?

Your still human

With all the self hate self limiting petty jealous envious horny ignorant conceited etc etc etc

Homelander is godlike but his weakness is he needs to be loved

Superman wants to save EVERYONE but can't

Any Clairmont x men run.

Everyone having powers would not be a paradise because anyone can be manipulated

A super power can't trump money and influence and knowledge and the courage of your convictions.

That's why concepts like this have existed forever.

Reactions: PJN