New Movie Trailer: Red One f The Rock, Chris Evans, Lucy Li, JK Simmons (Action Christmas flick)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I don't think Chris Evans and Rock are going to work in a movie.

It just doesn't seem like they'd play off each other well.

I'll check it out though and might be pleasantly surprised.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't think Chris Evans and Rock are going to work in a movie.

It just doesn't seem like they'd play off each other well.

I'll check it out though and might be pleasantly surprised.

It's interesting the combinations they are trying

The Rock Ryan Reynolds Gal Gadot was a wreck

But on a lazy weekend? Pizza popcorn kids big screen?

It was fine.

The Grey man was trash but same situation it was fine.

It's crazy 250 million buys you "fine" disposable entertainment

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
It's interesting the combinations they are trying

The Rock Ryan Reynolds Gal Gadot was a wreck

But on a lazy weekend? Pizza popcorn kids big screen?

It was fine.

The Grey man was trash but same situation it was fine.

It's crazy 250 million buys you "fine" disposable entertainment

I actually kind of liked his movie with Ryan Reynolds.

I haven't seen Grey Man yet.

I agree, I'm over the high budget/action movie which has less focus in the quality of the story.

With this movie, based off the trailer, it's sort of like Chris Evans are essentially playing the same character with the only difference being Rock works for Santa Clause.

They should have had Rocks character be more comic relief and less serious but still capable when needed.

Almost like how Devito and Schwarzenegger played off of each other in Twins.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I agree, I'm over the high budget/action movie which has less focus in the quality of the story.

With this movie, based off the trailer, it's sort of like Chris Evans are essentially playing the same character with the only difference being Rock works for Santa Clause.

They should have had Rocks character be more comic relief and less serious but still capable when needed.

Netflix needs to give 700k look first deal

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Like I said it was fine

But have you re-watched yet?

I usually don't care about budgets cause it ain't my money but in some cases I get it.

It's just...empty.

Which is okay but...you know.

Netflix makes a lot of those and you'd think they would invest in some more substantial material

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I haven't seen the actual.movie yet so I don't want to kill it before it happens. But based on the trailers they haven't decided who the the specific audience for this is.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Like I said it was fine

But have you re-watched yet?

I usually don't care about budgets cause it ain't my money but in some cases I get it.

It's just...empty.

Which is okay but...you know.

Netflix makes a lot of those and you'd think they would invest in some more substantial material

Nah definitely haven't rewatched it I can't front.

The problem with big budgets is it appears that just because they have it they feel it necessary to spend it and pack a bunch of unnecessary into the movie.

I haven't seen Joker 2 yet but from what I've read it appears that's what they fell victim to instead of sticking to the winning formula of the first movie that earned Joaquin an Oscar.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nah definitely haven't rewatched it I can't front.

The problem with big budgets is it appears that just because they have it they feel it necessary to spend it and pack a bunch of unnecessary into the movie.

I haven't seen Joker 2 yet but from what I've read it appears that's what they fell victim to instead of sticking to the winning formula of the first movie that earned Joaquin an Oscar.

We were discussing it here

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If you replace the big names people would say this look like a straight to dvd garbage ass film.. but when you put in stars it’s gets a theatric release