New Music: Is Eminem really killing off Slim Shady with his new album The Death of Slim Shady (Coup De Grâce)? UPDATE: new video - Tobey

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hmmm... I was pleasantly surprised

It worked because it's a concept album

And lyrically Em was unblemished

I'm STILL not a big fan of his overall production but it sounded good and not dated considering the concept.

He needed this and stuck the Landing

But this will never get him any NEW fans

I definitely understand and respect where you're coming from. Definitely solid being that it was a concept album.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I definitely understand and respect where you're coming from. Definitely solid being that it was a concept album.

But this ain't going to garner not a single NEW fan or convert a non believer

Since that was never his intent I would call it a success

But now take all that history away? which is unfair and impossible then we having another music conversation.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I definitely agree

Em was playing a rigged game

Almost hip hop nepotism

He can't be judged by the modern metric or past metric.

He created his OWN metric.

His fan base is so huge so loyal they gonna defend him and support him despite it all

(Before this mess I would have sworn Drake had that same base we will see soon)

So he drops a project even if it IS good? he won't get credit. Even if it's bad? His fans will defend it.

So he just does what he wants which is EXACTLY how all artists should be allowed to operate.

Let the audience decide. Let them like who the want. It has ZERO effect on who another person listens to or likes.

This was a good project... for Em fans.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Em was playing a rigged game

Almost hip hop nepotism

He can't be judges by the modern metric or past metric.

He created his OWN metric.

His fan base is so huge so loyal they gonna defend him and support him despite it all

(Before this mess I would have sworn Drake had that same base we will see soon)

So he drops a project even if it IS good? he won't get credit. Even if it's bad? His fans will defend it.

So he just does what he wants which is EXACTLY how all artists should be allowed to operate.

Let the audience decide. Let them like who the want. It has ZERO effect on who another person listens to or likes.

BINGO!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

And I'm good with it.

True kendrick fans know and accept its the same for him. They love him REGARDLESS.

These new band wagon drake hating fans ain't loyal I think that's why Kendrick doesn't acknowledge them. But notice which sucker type on his "team" do?

Same with Cole. Nicki. Beyonce. Rihanna. Tupac.

THOSE fans loyal no matter WHAT.

Good or Bad.

Again it's fine. It's SUPPOSED to be that.

Drake much like Em is in a very weird unique place.

Even Em admits what Drake did pop music wise is damn near unrivaled

White black in between loved Drake

The only real comparison is the Rock in his blockbuster prime

which is what illicit the hate we see now (funny the Rock did some self inflicted Kendrick level career destruction)

Em understands his lane and STICKS to it.

Drake tries to be everything to everyone

He really need to have a stronger T Dot identity of course 20 20 hindsight

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And I'm good with it.

True kendrick fans know and accept its the same for him. They love him REGARDLESS.

These new band wagon drake hating fans ain't loyal I think that's why Kendrick doesn't acknowledge them. But notice which sucker type on his "team" do?

Same with Cole. Nicki. Beyonce. Rihanna. Tupac.

THOSE fans loyal no matter WHAT.

Good or Bad.

Again it's fine. It's SUPPOSED to be that.

Drake much like Em is in a very weird unique place.

Even Em admits what Drake did pop music wise is damn near unrivaled

White black in between loved Drake

The only real comparison is the Rock in his blockbuster prime

which is what illicit the hate we see now (funny the Rock did some self inflicted Kendtick level career destruction)

Em understands his lane and STICKS to it.

Drake tries to be everything to everyone

He really need to have a stronger T Dot identity of course 20 20 hindsight

You nailed it and I agree 100%!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This might sound crazy...

But Eminem should do a record with Will Smith

Especially since Will cursing now

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor

I agree that TEMPORARY joint is solid... Skylar Grey hook is pointed, carries weight and can apply to most any situation that has you down in the gutters... the lyrics and message were good... it's definitely a song that "hits you in the feels" like my kids say... not gonna lie, there may have been some onions being cut in the room when I first heard it

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

d092f1f34df6467ab22f7ec9aad26515_md.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

@REDLINE

The sales numbers are impressive but as always with Eminem the numbers are skewed, because he's white.

It's not his fault and he acknowledges it, but those are the facts.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The sales numbers are impressive but as always with Eminem the numbers are skewed, because he's white.

It's not his fault and he acknowledges it, but those are the facts.

I don't know if skewed is the right word though.

Physical sales are down for all artists of all races and all genres.

White black male female a legacy act selling that many physical copies in 2024 is INSANE.

It's not even as a fan

Just as someone who follows music industry news this is interesting and based on this thread alone completely unexpected

So I don't know if skewed is the right way to phrase it.

But I COMPLETELY understand your overall point and your correct.

But we can't just keep throwing that out there like it explains everything. Cause I could name A TON OF WHITE RAPPERS who ain't doing numbers like that.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know if skewed is the right word though.

Physical sales are down for all artists of all races and all genres.

White black male female a legacy act selling that many physical copies in 2024 is INSANE.

It's not even as a fan

Just as someone who follows music industry news this is interesting and based on this thread alone completely unexpected

So I don't know if skewed is the right way to phrase it.

But I COMPLETELY understand your overall point and your correct.

But we can't just keep throwing that out there like it explains everything. Cause I could name A TON OF WHITE RAPPERS who ain't doing numbers like that.

Skewed because there's white people that don't listen to rap, but listen to Eminem. Don't buy rap albums from other rappers, but buy Eminem's albums.

And yes I meant Skewed. The way Elvis's popularity was skewed. He did the same things Black people did but he was much more successful commercially because white people liked him doing it better.

And no it doesn't mean that all that you need to do is be a white rapper to be successful, because there's been many white rappers who weren't as successful as Eminem. Or damn near any rapper period.

Eminem's one of the best rappers to ever do it, but the novelty of him being white has attributed a lot to his success commercially.

So yes, his popularity and record sales are skewed due to him being white.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Skewed because there's white people that don't listen to rap, but listen to Eminem. Don't buy rap albums from other rappers, but buy Eminem's albums.

And yes I meant Skewed. The way Elvis's popularity was skewed. He did the same things Black people did but he was much more successful commercially because white people liked him doing it better.

And no it doesn't mean that all that you need to do is be a white rapper to be successful, because there's been many white rappers who weren't as successful as Eminem. Or damn near any rapper period.

Eminem's one of the best rappers to ever do it, but the novelty of him being white has attributed a lot to his success commercially.

Damn Marshall wept.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I hear you but I still feel it its kinda dismissive to actually selling music like that as a legacy act especially physically.

White Hype or not.

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear you but I still feel it os kinda dismissive to actually selling music like that as a legacy act especially physically.

White Hype or not.

I know I sound dismissive of Eminem's record sales but I'm not.

Think of it like this. Tupac's a huge legendary artist worldwide that was an is very successful record sales wise.

Does it make musical sense that Eminem has sold almost as many as twice as many albums as him?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I know I sound dismissive of Eminem's record sales but I'm not.

Think of it like this. Tupac's a huge legendary artist worldwide that was an is very successful record sales wise.

Does it make musical sense that Eminem has sold almost as many as twice as many albums as him?

Damn you

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Hey man! :lol:

It's like with Caitlin Clark. I know that she's a great player that's only gonna get better.

We all see her breaking viewership records.

But how many white fans are tuned in just because she's white and don't give a shit about any other player or the WNBA as a whole?

Again, both Eminem and Caitlin are great. But because they're white the numbers are skewed.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Hey man! :lol:

It's like with Caitlin Clark. I know that she's a great player that's only gonna get better.

We all see her breaking viewership records.

But how many white fans are tuned in just because she's white and don't give a shit about any other player or the WNBA as a whole?

Again, both Eminem and Caitlin are great. But because they're white the numbers are skewed.

Double damn you

How the f*ck you made me look like this

tenor.gif

And then like this

tenor.gif

in the same thread.