New Trailer: Kenan Thompson & Kel Mitchell stage Good Burger reunion at 2022 Emmys UPDATE: Good Burger Part 2 Paramount + NOW

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Gotta love it when comedies can do that!

:cheers: :thumbsup:
hey I will always give it props for catching me off guard… went in with low expectations and truly exceeded anything I could imagine..it’s a few movies that did that..paid in full is another movie I definitely didn’t think I was gonna watch or enjoy and it caught me at the right time.. the intro caught my attention and I didn’t stop watching and enjoyed

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
hey I will always give it props for catching me off guard… went in with low expectations and truly exceeded anything I could imagine..it’s a few movies that did that..paid in full is another movie I definitely didn’t think I was gonna watch or enjoy and it caught me at the right time.. the intro caught my attention and I didn’t stop watching and enjoyed

Agreed. There’s certain movies that just do it right. The right movie at the right time. Comedic, dramatic, action, you name it. One of the movies that did it for me - off the opening scene - was Gone Baby Gone. Sets the tone immediately and still one of my fave movies to this day. Recommended it to lots of people ... opening scene below ...

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Agreed. There’s certain movies that just do it right. The right movie at the right time. Comedic, dramatic, action, you name it. One of the movies that did it for me - off the opening scene - was Gone Baby Gone. Sets the tone immediately and still one of my fave movies to this day. Recommended it to lots of people ... opening scene below ...

Heard of the movie but never saw it

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Kenan Thompson & Kel Mitchell To Reprise ‘Good Burger’ Roles As Sequel Movie Gets Greenlight
By Denise Petski
Denise Petski
Senior Managing Editor
More Stories By Denise
March 17, 2023 9:00pm
Kenan Thompson, Kel Mitchell in 1997's Good BurgerParamount/courtesy Everett Collection
Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell will soon be back to work at Good Burger. Nickelodeon Studios and Paramount+ have officially confirmed the greenlight of Good Burger 2, an original movie sequel to the iconic feature film, based on the recurring sketch from comedy series All That. Thompson and Mitchell are set to reprise their classic roles as Dexter and Ed, respectively.
The movie will follow Dexter Reed (Thompson) and original cashier, Ed (Mitchell), as they reunite in the present day at fast-food restaurant Good Burger with a hilarious new group of employees.
RELATED STORY
Paramount+ Developing New Original Series 'Vice City' From Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson

Production will begin in May, with a premiere slated for later this year exclusively on Paramount+. The news was revealed tonight on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

ADVERTISEMENT
SCROLL TO CONTINUE READING

In Good Burger 2, Dexter Reed is down on his luck after another one of his inventions fails. Ed welcomes Dex back to Good Burger with open arms and gives him his old job back. With a new crew working at Good Burger, Dex devises a plan to get back on his feet but unfortunately puts the fate of Good Burger at risk once again.
“I can’t believe it’s been a little over 25 years since great customer service was born at Good Burger!,” said Thompson. “Being a part of something so many generations of people have come to love has made me so proud and now to be back where it all began working on the sequel is surreal! Love performing with my brother Kel and can’t wait to show the fans what these characters have been up to since we last saw them.”
Added Mitchell :” “Ed is one of those timeless characters that has brought so much joy and laughter to fans, and it’s such a beautiful blessing to still be doing it after all these years. It’s super awesome to come back and continue the stories of Dex, Ed and Good Burger for both the people who grew up watching and their kids.”
Good Burger 2 is written by All That & Good Burger writers Kevin Kopelow & Heath Seifert, who also serve as executive producers, and directed by Phil Traill (The Middle, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Single Drunk Female). James III (Tyler Perry’s Young Dylan, All That) also will serve as a writer. Production of the movie for Nickelodeon Studios is overseen by Shauna Phelan and Zack Olin, Co-Heads of Nickelodeon & Awesomeness Live-Action. Brittany Cope serves as Nickelodeon’s Executive in Charge of Production.

Advertisement

Good Burger is such a beloved movie that fans have cherished for years,” said Phelan and Olin. “Packed with comedy, cameos and plenty of Easter eggs from the original, Good Burger 2 will bring the nostalgia fans and a new generation of viewers together for another wild, hilarious Good Burger adventure.”
The original ‘90s sketch, on which the original film was based, first aired on All That in 1994 and was centered around fast-food restaurant, Good Burger and its clueless cashier, Ed, played by Mitchell in Seasons 1–5. The feature film Good Burger was released worldwide on July 25, 1997, by Paramount Pictures. Later in the All That revival series in 2019, Mitchell returned guest starring as Ed, working at Good Burger for 20 years as manager of the trainees.
Said Tanya Giles, Chief Programming Officer of Paramount Streaming, “We’re thrilled to take audiences’ orders for more laughter and adventures with the Good Burger crew. Good Burger 2 will be a great addition to our 2023 programming slate and is sure to serve up everything All That fans and new viewers alike will enjoy.”
Thompson is represented by UTA and managed by Michael Goldman. Mitchell is represented by UTA and managed by Alex Goodman at Levity Live.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Kenan Thompson doesn’t want Good Burger thrown 'in the trash' due to Dan Schneider’s 'tarnished' reputation​

"I think we’re all still figuring it out and navigating. Because the trauma is real, the victims are very real. I don’t want to gloss over that," the "SNL" star said.
By Shania Russell

Published on June 5, 2024 07:57PM EDT

Kenan Thompson hopes the adventures of Dexter Reed and Ed will continue, despite the “tarnished” reputation of Good Burger creator, Dan Schneider.

The Saturday Night Live star told Variety that he would happily revisit the Good Burger characters in future movies, with other writers at the helm. In fact, he did so just last year in Good Burger 2, penned by Kevin M. Kopelow and Heath Seifert who co-wrote the first film.

"Those guys know the cadence of those characters just as well, without having tarnished careers,” Thompson said. “It’s about us, as opposed to who had the first idea years ago.”

Lamenting the effect that Schneider’s controversies have had on the franchise, Thompson added, “It’s just sad that that has to be our conversation… The separation of the artist and the man conversation didn’t come into my life at all until recently. There was no need to do that. A guy was a pig, and we knew he was a pig, but it wasn’t like the deviousness since, like, [Bill] Cosby and [Harvey] Weinstein. All that s--- is just way out of bounds.”

Host Kenan Thompson arrives to the 2022 People's Choice Awards held at the Barker Hangar on December 6, 2022 in Santa Monica, California.; Executive producer Dan Schneider poses at the Apple Store Soho Presents: Meet the Cast: Nickelodeon's Game Shakers at the Apple Store Soho on September 10, 2015 in New York City.

Kenan Thompson and Dan Schneider.
TODD WILLIAMSON/E! ENTERTAINMENT/NBC VIA GETTY; ERIC VITALE/GETTY
Sign up for Entertainment Weekly's free daily newsletter to get breaking TV news, exclusive first looks, recaps, reviews, interviews with your favorite stars, and more.

He continued, “That whole thing has just been such a burden for recent times — the conversation of, Do we still listen to Michael [Jackson]? Do we still listen to R. Kelly? What do we do with The Cosby Show? I think we’re all still figuring it out and navigating. Because the trauma is real, the victims are very real. I don’t want to gloss over that. We also don’t want to just throw really solid, creative things in the trash either.”

Schneider was the primary subject of the Investigation Discovery series Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV, which featured former Nickelodeon stars making allegations of racism, sexual harassment, sexism, and verbal abuse on sets headed by Schneider, who left the network in 2018. The series also established that two convicted child abusers, Brian Peck and Jason Handy, worked on Schneider's shows.

In the immediate aftermath of the docuseries, Schneider admitted that he owed "some people a pretty strong apology," saying claims that he requested massages from staff members and showed bad temperament in the writers’ room were true, but denied several other allegations.

Victoria Justice says Dan Schneider owes her an apology: 'My relationship with Dan is very complex'

Thompson — who worked on Schneider-produced shows like All That and its spinoff series Kenan & Kel in the ‘90s — has said that he did not personally witness the kind of bad behavior explored in the docuseries, and has positive memories of his experience with the network.

“I feel so guilty saying that,” he added. “All those things started happening after our tenure, because, I guess, no one would even dare. It wasn’t that kind of environment.”

Of those early days at Nickelodeon, he said, “There was no dictatorship about it all. We were all building something and, when you’re building something, I don’t think anybody’s cocky enough to be pulling things behind the curtain.”

GOOD BURGER

Kel Mitchell and Kenan Thompson in 'Good Burger'. EVERETT COLLECTION
Schneider last month filed a lawsuit against the Quiet on Set producers, with his legal team calling the doc a "hit job" and arguing that Warner Bros. Discovery, Maxine Productions, Sony Pictures Television, and producers Mary Robertson and Emma Schwartz falsely stated and implied that he is a sexual abuser. In his initial response to the series, Schneider cited his support of Thompson and Mitchell as evidence to refute other All That cast members’ claims of racism in the documentary.

Everything Nickelodeon stars are saying about Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV

“Diversity has always been very important to me in my shows,” Schneider said. “If you go back to the very first Nickelodeon show I ever made, that's very evident, as it is in the second one, and then the first movie I ever made for Nickelodeon which starred Kenan and Kel, and every show I did after that had a lead Black actor in it. I'm very proud of that. It's very important to me, and not only am I proud that they were in my shows, I'm exceptionally proud of the achievements they've had beyond my shows.”

In his initial response to the docuseries, Thompson distanced himself from the megaproducer, noting, “Dan wasn’t really on Kenan & Kel like that. I mean, he got a ‘created by’ credit, but it was a different showrunner, so our worlds wasn’t really overly overlapping like that outside of All That, necessarily. And then all of that negativity kinda started happening outside of our tenure there, you know what I mean? So I wasn’t really aware of a lot of it.”