New trailer: the gray man directed by the russo bothers (holy sh*t!)

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Had me thinking it was this..

txCtE7ToSLuG8sy8tAIh9q5JAYS.jpg

:fuckyousay::fuckyousay::fuckyousay::fuckyousay::fuckyousay::fuckyousay:

:furious::furious::furious::furious:

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
Story been done before, but the action is really good. Didn't realize who that person was till about 30 mins in. Is this his first bad guy role?

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
Some great action scenes but it's pretty shallow
Seems like they had unlimited funds to make this but never had a compelling story.
Chris Evans is good
Ryan Gosling is bland

i think thats his thing. he acted the same way in blade runner and another hitman movie i saw him in.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Chris Evans was a good villain in this. Managed to provide humor without it feeling forced or over the top while still be a menacing threat

M3MD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's going to take me a few sit downs to get through it

Kinda cheesy so far and played out story lines

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
A non-stop thrill ride from beginning to end,
The Gray Man boasts an impressive cast, exciting action, great locations and plenty of cool characters!!!!!!!!!

The Gray Man is a super solid action film that constantly pumps adrenaline into the veins of it’s viewers…

I’m honestly convinced that directors Anthony and Joe Russo can do no wrong?!
Captain America The Winter Soldier, Captain America Civil War, Avengers Infinity War, Avengers Endgame and now The Gray Man!!!!!!!
They are honestly becoming directors to watch…
The Russo Brothers also produced the film too; while Joe Russo co-wrote the screenplay.

Although the film is based on a book (Which I haven’t read by the way!), The Gray Man isn’t exactly something new?
It’s very similar to James Bond, Mission Impossible and Jason Bourne…
BUT if this is the Russo Brothers’s attempt at James Bond, then I am 100% in for them to direct a future Bond film!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan Gosling proves once again why he is Hollywood’s go to man for literally anything!!!!!!!!
This is the most badass I have ever seen Ryan Gosling?!
Captain America himself Chris Evans is a scene stealer as the villain!!!!!!!!
This is honestly one of my favourite roles of his.
Evans continues to showcase his range by playing the tight polo shirt, moustache wearing baddie who is hunting Gosling…
Netflix is on a roll in 2022 by getting our favourite Marvel heroes (Chris Hemsworth in Spiderhead) to play truly unlikable villains!!!!!!!!
I don’t think I have ever hated Chris Evans this much?!
Other standouts include the gorgeous Ana de Armas who is in desperate need of her own action film to be honest…
Her badassery needs to be experienced in all it's glory!!!!!!!!
She is quickly becoming someone to watch to be honest…
Indian star Dhanush shines as a badass assassin!
As soon as I saw him, I was honestly like ‘Who is this guy?!’
I’d like to see more of him in films…
Julia Butters plays a likeable character who you genuinely care about.

The action is big, loud, exciting and thrilling!!!!!!
With the breathtaking, neon drenched opening sequence, you will immediately recognise that there is competency behind, and in front of, the camera…
Ryan Gosling and the stunning Ana de Armas are thrust front and centre in the introduction, and their stoic, serious performances also demonstrate a dedication to quality.
A masterclass in tension building, the opening action sequence alone will tell you all you need to know about The Gray Man, it delivers…
Expertly helmed with smooth transitions from hiding in plain sight stealth to John Wick style shootouts and Bourne-esque hand to hand combat sequences, the first fifteen to twenty minutes of the film contains some of the most exciting and impressive looking scenes of action that I've seen in a film these past few years.
From Gosling silently taking out enemies in the midst of New Year’s fireworks to engaging in a fist fight in the middle of said fireworks display, my jaw was planted on the ground as soon as this film even started.
The intensity didn't stop there though…

With a budget of $200 million at their disposal which makes The Gray Man Netflix’s most expensive film yet; The Russo Brothers put their talent of action on full display here by making literally every single action sequence seem like it should be taking place at the climax of the film.
After every set piece I found myself thinking, ‘Surely things can't get any bigger from here?!’, and the next set piece always upped the ante and blew my expectations out of the water.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
I watched this movie on Netflix while it's still playing in movie theaters. This movie is exceptionally and unexpectedly good. I hadn't seen anything like this good in a long, long while. The action is refreshing and new. It's fast, quick and catchy. Gun fights, car chase and tram scene (my favorite scene of all) are top notch. All hand combat scenes are well choreographed. I love Chris Evans playing the bad guy. I didn't know he is so good at it after seeing him playing Captain America character only for so long. His villain character is so evil and wicked plus his dark humors that really draws you in. Ryan Gosling is like the new "Die Hard, Mission Impossible or Jason Bourne" type of character for 2022. The camera direction is also really cool, clear and yet not confusing at all. The story is also good and not boring or dragging. I like how the movie is taken places all over the world which makes backdrops very interesting. The best movie I had seen so far when it comes to action flick. I hope they make part two for this movie. My wife and I really enjoy it.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
The only reason I'm giving The Gray Man a 2 star rating is because there's some pretty good action sequences throughout the film, other than that, it's a tangled hyper-masculine energy-draining zero-substance disaster. With all of the A-list talent in this film, it had the ingredients handed to it on a platinum platter to make a bada** summer blockbuster movie...besides the talent, it had the rote spy-thriller necessities such as the CIA Black-Ops, car chases, car explosions, kidnappings, guns, villians, assassins, beautiful global locations, a great director, so what happened? THAT is the $200 million dollar question (that's what the film cost to make).

The Gray Man stars Ryan Gosling (playing a prisoner who, in 2003, gets to end his sentence early in exchange for joining a CIA Black Ops group that hunts criminals. Yet we know nothing more about him, then there's Ana De Armas (her role is just a continuation of the same character she played and that's not saying too much), Jessica Henwick (her acting leaves a lot to be desired), Regé-Jean Page (his character was so underwritten, it's insulting to him and what he could have brought to the film...his role was just cheesy), Indian actor Dhanush (nothing particularly memorable with his character. He was your garden-variety assassin), the great award-winning Alfre Woodard (hers was so brief, it barely registered in the film. It was embarassing, not so much for Woodard, but for those who had the best of the best and treated her like a featured extra) and the young actress from Once Upon A Time in Hollywood Julia Butters, only had a few twinkles of what she could really do, then they jumped to another scene).

The truth is, nothing in this film made an ounce of sense. The script from Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely doesn't give anyone very much to work with, and just when you see glimmers of hope, the end result is a lot of bizarrely paced, clunky nothingness.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Watched it last night. They could of cut about 20 minutes out of the movie and not lost anything. Little long.