New TV Trailer: The Walking Dead: Dead City

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I'm done with zombie shows. Period. Unless its another train to Busan movie or something like that, I ain't fuckin' with this shit no more. TWD shows are boring as fuck.Fear was cool at first, then it turned into the same shit.
Enjoy. I'mma pass.
I would like to see a Star Trek episode they fall into a zombie dimension. Now how are zombies flying spaceships??? you have to watch it to find out :grin:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Lost interest in The Walking Dead in the final few seasons. Watched the last 2 episodes & reunion finale just to see how they wrapped it up.

Won't be watching.

randy-jackson-geico-commercial.gif

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Lost interest in The Walking Dead in the final few seasons. Watched the last 2 episodes & reunion finale just to see how they wrapped it up.

Won't be watching.

randy-jackson-geico-commercial.gif

I feel you.

The franchise slowed down over the past 5+ years with it mainly focusing on characters feelings/emotions and not dealing with the Dead directly.

All the series would have at times go 4 to 5 episodes straight with no interaction with the Dead.

Without spoiling it, my attitude changed with the Post Credit scene of “World Beyond” and what was debuted with the new Dead Walkers in the final season.

Shit is about to go into “28 Days Later” format.

And these characters ain’t prepared for it.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
This shit looks good.

They doing some “Escape From New York” stuff in this series.

I’m in!!!

The Walking Dead: Dead City
Official Trailer
Debuts June 18, 2023

New walkers, new villains, New York!

Maggie forms a lethal alliance with Negan to rescue her kidnapped son.

Together they will try to navigate the mean streets of NYC.

If they can survive Dead City, they can survive anywhere.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I watched “Fear of the Walking Dead” this morning.

During the breaks they showed the teaser/trailer along with extra clips.

This is definitely looking to be a completely different series from what we are used to.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
They had a big promo in various spots in Manhattan this week.

AMC Taps New York to Help Populate ‘Dead City’

By Brian Steinberg
June 12, 2023

New York City has survived the coronavirus pandemic, an economic downturn, and most recently, skies darkened by Canadian wildfires. What’s to fear from a looming zombie apocalypse?

On Wednesday, visitors to New York culinary mainstays such as Joe’s Pizza in Times Square, H&H Bagels, Katz’s Deli and Hot Dog King will find out. They are likely to encounter members of the undead stopping in for a bite. The zombies will have been planted there by AMC Networks, which is eager to woo attention to the debut of “The Walking Dead: Dead City,” the first of three spin-offs the company is launching following the last original broadcast of the seminal series “The Walking Dead.”

“We are obviously looking to raise awareness out there, and we think there’s an opportunity to bring in people who have fallen off over time and new viewers as well,” says Kim Granito, head of marketing for AMC Networks, in an interview. “One of the key points of differentiation with the new programs is that they are in pretty notable locations.”

In the past, “Walking Dead” had to rely solely on the series’ offbeat premise of watching survivors of a plague that turns people into the undead try to reclaim the world. Now, says Granito, AMC has help, because the show has never relied on a major global metropolis as a permanent setting (“Walking Dead” characters have visited cities in the past).

With “The Walking Dead” and the spin-off “Fear The Walking Dead” coming to an end, AMC is under some pressure to maintain its ties to the program that has lured some of its biggest audiences. The answer has come in the form of bespoke series centered on specific characters from the flagship. “Dead City” features Lauren Cohan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan reprising the characters of Maggie and Negan, while a second series starring Norman Reedus will place Daryl Dixon around Paris and France.

In addition to setting a zombie horde consisting of dozens on New York City, AMC plans to have the aforementioned restaurants use packaging that features “Dead City” on it, including pizza boxes and bagel bags.

The six-episode “Dead City” debuts at 9 p.m. on Sunday, June 18. It will become available on the streaming service AMC+ on Thursday, June 15, and the season will continue to follow a pattern of launching new episodes on the streaming hub Thursdays followed by a linear premiere.

Billboards touting “Dead City” will be set in high-traffic areas including the area around Penn Station; in Times Square; at New York City bus stations; and at the 34th Street PATH station. Promotions for the series will crop up on Vizio TVs and in the Roku City hub on the Roku streaming service. And AMC will screen the first two episodes of the series at the Tribeca festival, followed by a reception with cast on Tuesday, June 13.

No word on whether the army of walkers set to invade New York on Wednesday will be looking for free food from the restaurants or preparing to make a snack of those who visit.

walking-dead-katz-2-2023-768x1024.jpg

walking-dead-katz-1-2023-1024x768.jpg

deadcityinvasion2_orig.jpg

kbp-23-63071750.jpg

FyijYH5WwAAssDM.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I watched “Fear of the Walking Dead” this morning.

During the breaks they showed the teaser/trailer along with extra clips.

This is definitely looking to be a completely different series from what we are used to.

I tapped put of all this WD stuff awhile back. But this one may actually peak my interest. I'm going to watch.

I don't really do events anymore but I would have definitely considered this.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Series premiere is tonight.

I’m debating about watching it or let a few episodes stack up.

I plan on being home for the 4th of July. 3 episodes will have debuted at that time.
:confused:You sure? I saw this shit last week. And I must say, I was entertained for what these creators usually give us. Had some shit happen in the city I didn't even think about.

Here I was hoping episode 2 was this week. Was going to check it out and if it held up, let the eps stack and binge when the season is done.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
:confused:You sure? I saw this shit last week. And I must say, I was entertained for what these creators usually give us. Had some shit happen in the city I didn't even think about.

Here I was hoping episode 2 was this week. Was going to check it out and if it held up, let the eps stack and binge when the season is done.

amc+ debuts their episodes a week prior before it comes on its cable channel.

Gonna have to stay out of the thread until I watch it too avoid spoilers.

Will give my review later.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season One
Episodes 1 - 2

I was gonna wait until next week and binge the first 3 being there will be only 6 episodes total for the series.

This is starting out completely different from the other series.

Not going to post spoils.

It’s a little slow burn with getting more in-depth with Maggie/Neagan relationship. We get a quick update on their status after the series finale of The Walking Dead. It looks like a few years has passed since the Walking Dead cuz Hershel is older.

Also, new characters are being introduced, so character development along with story development is taking place.

Interaction with the Walkers are different being they are in a city environment from what we are accustomed to in prior series where we saw them out in open/rural areas.

Humor is blended in mainly with the main characters moving around Manhattan. Decent action and suspense to keep you glued to the screen. There isn’t all the talking and emotional stuff that was dragging down the last 5+ seasons of the Walking Dead. The action has them moving thru Manhattan giving the series the same vibe as “Escape From New York”.

I suspect this series will be more fast paced being there are only 6 episodes for the season.

Good casting of veteran actor Željko Ivanek as the main bad guy. His character and Neagan have a history together from the days of Sanctuary.

The “Neagan” we were first introduced to in season 6 of the Walking Dead returns in episode 2. He gets his mojo back.

Going to let a few episodes stack up again before catching up.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
3 episodes in and this shit is official. Great pacing. Never boring(nothing with zombies in it and humans back to gloves off should be boring by definition). Character building the way it is meant to be. Not slow fuckery with the excuse of character building.

Maybe because it is 6 episodes so it's shit or get off the pot, but it's great. I'll let the other 3 eps stack up for the binge because this shit deserves a binge watch.

Anyone who hasn't checked this out should wait to binge it. Fuck this antiquated, weekly shit.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 1
Episodes 3 - 4

Watched these this morning.

Episode 3 gave us some backstory on Neagan and Ginny.

We got some more insight on how things went down at the start of the apocalypse in Manhattan. Scratching my head on how deer managed to easily get into Manhattan but humans can’t.

I was first curious on where mofos are getting gasoline from in Manhattan being the apocalypse happened over 10 years ago. They did a good job explaining it. It also opens up some future plot lines and theories on what these Dark sinister group’s around the world, ultimate plans are.

This Croat character is pretty good. I was cracking up with Perlie quickly figuring out to use his steel toe boots as a weapon. That’s a first time seeing something like that in a Zombie production. He even caught The Croat off guard with that one. I gotta keep that in mind.

HaHa!!!

We get a backstory on Neagan back on his days in Sanctuary with the Croat in episode 4. Nice seeing Simon again.

Maggie and the group go in on their plan to rescue her son and take out the Croat, obviously things don’t go as planned.

Two more episodes to go, I will let those debut and watch back to back.

Looking forward to them.