NFL Media WTF? Tiki Barber fires back at Ryan Clark taking shots over Saquon Barkley comments Update: Fight threats?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Giants great Tiki Barber fires back at ex-teammate Ryan Clark​

gettyimages-120969981.jpg

In the continuing war of words between New York Giants legend Tiki Barber and former NFL defensive back Ryan Clark — who are now both veteran media voices — Barber has answered the recent criticism laid on him by Clark over the departure of Saquon Barkley.

Barber, in tongue-in-cheek fashion, said Barkley was dead to him after signing a free agent deal with the rival Philadelphia Eagles.

Clark, in a congratulatory social media post to Barkley, ripped Barber as a bad teammate during the two seasons he spent with him as a Giant in the early 2000s.

Barber thinks Clark is making himself “sound like a fool.”

“Wow, Ryan Clark. You are making blank up,” Tiki said on his WFAN radio show last week. “Because you don’t know me like that, dude.
“I didn’t even realize how long you were on the Giants. Your first year, you were a practice squad player, and you were on the defensive side of the ball. What is he talking about, that I didn’t embrace young players? Ask Brandon Jacobs if I embraced him. Ask Derrick Ward if I embraced him. Ask David Diehl, or Richie Seubert, or any of those guys on my side of the ball if I embraced them. What the hell is he talking about? It’s like he’s fitting a narrative. He’s acting like I’m still a player when it pertains to my comments on Saquon Barkley, and he’s kissing Saquon’s (expletive) to ingratiate himself with Saquon. His comments make no sense because he’s not talking about someone he knows well enough to talk about.

“I honestly don’t remember interacting with him as a player. . . I thought he was a decent player, went on and had an okay career, won a Super Bowl, I give him kudos. But now that he’s the big wig at ESPN, he thinks he can just take shots, and his word is gospel? That Michael Strahan and Shaun O’Hara aren’t still my friends? What are you talking about?”

Barber wasn’t the only WFAN host to rebut Clark last week. Morning show host Gregg Gianotti blasted Clark, calling him classless and a “D-Bag.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Tiki fires back at Ryan Clark taking shots over Saquon Barkley comments​

https://twitter.com/share?text=Tiki...social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=WFANAM

ESPN’s Ryan Clark took shots at Tiki Barber on Thursday for his “dead to me” comments about Saquon Barkley leaving the Giants for the Eagles, and after hearing the comments on the Evan and Tiki show, Tiki fired back.

Here’s what Tiki had to say after hearing Clark criticize Tiki for the way he handled young players coming into New York, which Tiki says was glaringly misinformed, and simply untrue.

“Wow, Ryan Clark. You are making ‘blank’ up,” Tiki said. “Because you don’t know me like that, dude. I didn’t even realize how long you were on the Giants. Your first year, you were a practice squad player, and you were on the defensive side of the ball. What is he talking about, that I didn’t embrace young players? Ask Brandon Jacobs if I embraced him. Ask Derrick Ward if I embraced him. Ask David Diehl, or Richie Seubert, or any of those guys on my side of the ball if I embraced them. What the hell is he talking about? It’s like he’s fitting a narrative. He’s acting like I’m still a player when it pertains to my comments on Saquon Barkley, and he’s kissing Saquon’s ass to ingratiate himself with Saquon. His comments make no sense, because he’s not talking about someone he knows well enough to talk about.

“I honestly don’t remember interacting with him as a player…I thought he was a decent player, went on and had an okay career, won a Super Bowl, I give him kudos. But now that he’s the big wig at ESPN, he thinks he can just take shots, and his word is gospel? That Michael Strahan and Shaun O’Hara aren’t still my friends? What are you talking about?”

Evan and the rest of the crew backed up Tiki with stories about how welcoming and friendly he has been to Giants fans since they’ve known him, and since Clark only played parts of two seasons in New York, Tiki says those comments were “uninformed.”

“It’s an opportunistic shot that he’s taking, because he thinks he’s gonna gain an advantage by being a jackass to me,” Tiki said.

“Congratulations Ryan, good luck in your career as well.

“Shut the hell up, Ryan Clark. Please. You sound like a fool.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Gio rips 'D-bag' Ryan Clark in defense of Tiki: 'You're the classy guy? My ass you are'​

Tiki already responded to Ryan Clark ripping him as a teammate, but Gio wanted to make sure he came to Tiki’s defense as well.

Having had personal and direct experiences with Clark, Gio ripped the current ESPN analyst for what he had to say about Tiki, and for his own behavior during his time in the NFL.

“I’ve talked about Ryan Clark before and my interactions with him in Pittsburgh, and he had a deal to come on with us once a week when he was still an active player for the Steelers, and one day he said he was sick and couldn’t do the show, and then he was up on ESPN on their morning show,” Gio said. “Also, that whole hype video of him wanting to get a contract…and now the cherry on top of him going on this podcast and just destroys Tiki Barber for no reason whatsoever.

“Ryan Clark was a D-bag in that locker room. I told this story last time. If Tiki barber taught you how not to be, then Tiki Barber was doing the right thing in the locker room, because you were a dick.”

Gio pointed to a time in the locker room when Clark “undressed” a reporter for asking an innocent question, which he says was one of many examples that make Clark a hypocrite for piling on Tiki.

“You’re the classy guy? My ass you are,” Gio said. “Don’t sit up on some high horse thinking you’re the professional in the room, and Tiki Barber is some jerk that didn’t treat you right. Stop it.”