Nike's new ad for A'ja Wilson

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Nike should've done this way before they gave that big contract to Caitlin Clark. This was long overdue. What's messed up is that she probably didn't get as much money as Clark.
Unfortunately, she doesn’t have the same impact as Clark, and to be honest, she doesn't even move the needle like Angel Reese.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
She's considered the best women's basketball player in the world right now. She may not be popular to most of the public, but to those who follow women's basketball, her talents are well known.

This

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nike should've done this way before they gave that big contract to Caitlin Clark. This was long overdue. What's messed up is that she probably didn't get as much money as Clark.
I love Aja but there ain’t no money in Aja or any other WNBA chic prior to Caitlin and Reese coming. Nike giving Aja her look is writing a wrong and reading the room. Aja is the best player in the WNBA but the casual wouldn’t know it and it’s all about making money off the casual.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She's considered the best women's basketball player in the world right now. She may not be popular to most of the public, but to those who follow women's basketball, her talents are well known.
Yeah but those who follow and watch WNBA showed you they ain’t even profitable as a league. Caitlin and Reese did this.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Until Clark can do what Aja did by having a preseason game at her old university, she is still ahead of Clark
I’m bias though because she from the crib and I’ve met her dad a few times and her brother hangs with a few dudes I grew up with.
Carolina’s and the USC alumni in DC go hard for her.

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I don’t know about this.

Remeber Aja was probably the first to start getting endorsement deals and that deal with Ruffles
Was BIG

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A contract with Nike has never been confirmed.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Until Clark can do what Aja did by having a preseason game at her old university, she is still ahead of Clark
I’m bias though because she from the crib and I’ve met her dad a few times and her brother hangs with a few dudes I grew up with.
Carolina’s and the USC alumni in DC go hard for her.

Lol. Don’t call South Carolina USC

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Nice.

4Y4ARq.jpg

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not diggin' the commercial, but love that she is gettin' money and recognition that she deserves.

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Popularity is what sells from a business perspective.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree that A'ja may not have the flash (and definitely not the lack of melanin) of CC. She just goes out there with her talent and plays hard (and plays well every night). A'ja deserves more recognition.

A'ja gets the recognition just like

But getting the recognition doesn't always translate into popularity with the general public just like with Jokic.

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A'ja gets the recognition just like

But getting the recognition doesn't always translate into popularity with the general public just like with Jokic.

I meant recognition as in knowing who she is. The general public doesn't know her as well as CC, Angel, etc. but for people who follow the WNBA, she gets a lot of recognition. The players know who she is. They know she's gonna be a hard matchup when they play the Aces. But you are right.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I meant recognition as in knowing who she is. The general public doesn't know her as well as CC, Angel, etc. but for people who follow the WNBA, she gets a lot of recognition. The players know who she is. They know she's gonna be a hard matchup when they play the Aces. But you are right.

And you're right also.

I wish I could tell you how to make A'ja's talent on the court translate to popularity off the court, is so I'd be

03_colo.gif

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Although it doesn't match the color scheme of her team, maybe they'll be pink and green. Did y'all know she's an AKA?

Yes I did but honestly I forgot :lol:

They'll definitely have lots of colors with lots of themes. If they're nice I'll get a pair.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And you're right also.

I wish I could tell you how to make A'ja's talent on the court translate to popularity off the court, is so I'd be

The marketing for the WNBA sucks ass. Its run by old lesbian white women who think the on court product should be enough when in reality it just doesn't work like that. Having Breonna Stewart and others hugging kissing each other on the court is not gonna get the general masses to watch. The average person doesn't want to see that while watching with their kids.
I didn’t that color scheme would sell too.
If Nike was smart they'd get some AKA shoes to Kamala. Have her wear them. Also get some to Dawn Staley. Get them in the hands of popular content creators. Right now is pre season for the NFL. NFL player wives should be wearing them at practice etc with all them cameras. I bet A'ja ain't even been on Kai Cenat show. I've been saying they need a live streaming at a big game with him an other popular streamers.