BGOL Investor
GNa85zMXcAAAyPG
AIR JOKIC!!!
fd81950f4095b8e90f7ab526e3cff0be.jpg

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Perkins. Like bro really called game 3 a “disappointment”

Disappointment for who Perk? Buddy sounded like he had money on the game. Get him outta here. Carry the hell on…

Perkins has BEEN disqualified from all reputable analysis.

I feel like everybody knows Perkins is a clown but Stephen A Smith gets a pass for being "articulate" (even though he misuses words more often than anyone in TV history)

I am so tired of Stephen A, dude is what Tucker Carlson is to political commentary but worse. Smith is nothing but an entertainer, nothing he says should be circulated or paid attention to.

But yes, they both need to go.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Da fuck, Thibs.

Just sit everybody down and empty your bench.

Game over.
This how us bulls fans lost rose to injury cause bitch ass Thibs didn’t sit him down when we were obviously up and gonna win that playoff game. Fuck Thibs for life. I keep telling Knick fans Thibs is gonna destroy the team like he destroyed my bulls team. I don’t know who I hate more Thibs or the knicks

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Every "analyst" or commentator who said the Nuggets would be swept should be fired immediately. No exceptions.

I'm listening to Inside the NBA as I do some work...

I think I remember Barkley saying it would be a sweep?

If so, I'm going to be a huge hypocrite and renege on "no exceptions."

We'll call it the "multiple time HOF inductee" exception. Can't fire the GOAT. :dunno:

giphy.gif

(My true distinction is that what Barkley has brought to basketball is irreplaceable whereas non-player commentator clowns can be easily replaced with real analysts. So I'll cop to being wrong on "no exceptions.")

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I'm listening to Inside the NBA as I do some work...

I think I remember Barkley saying it would be a sweep?

If so, I'm going to be a huge hypocrite and renege on "no exceptions."

We'll call it the "multiple time HOF inductee" exception. Can't fire the GOAT. :dunno:

giphy.gif
Fuck that! Charles needs to be called out for his bullshit too!!

Chuck can be hyperbolic after a single game & guarantee sweet. He can also bet 10k on that b.s. guarantee, lost that money, and not worry about it. He gonna make that money back before they go off the air.

Meanwhile, how many 9-5 people are getting caught in sport betting shenanigans of the modern NBA, following his advice, & losing their kids college fund?

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Fuck that! Charles needs to be called out for his bullshit too!!

Chuck can be hyperbolic after a single game & guarantee sweet. He can also bet 10k on that b.s. guarantee, lost that money, and not worry about it. He gonna make that money back before they go off the air.

Meanwhile, how many 9-5 people are getting caught in sport betting shenanigans of the modern NBA, following his advice, & losing their kids college fund?

Called out-- Yes, I agree!

Purged? Nah. And a purge of these hysterical clickbait-seeking idiots is what I'm calling for. We can do without Stephen A Smith and Kendrick Perkins and their bullshit. They have brought nothing positive to basketball. I'll give Perkins some credit to contributing to a championship team but that's nothing relative to Barkley, who has had the greatest second act in basketball history since Jerry West. We can't compare a fake journalist and a marginal player with a couple of years of bad commentary under his belt to Charles Barkley. I think we have to put some respect on his name that those bums don't deserve.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Who's the dpoy stopping?
His teams chances at advancement.

I missed the game. Just watched highlights.

But, reconstructing the pro-Edwards stat I just posted, Gobert played 35:30. The Wolves won those minutes by 9. They lost the 12:30 he sat by 17 points.

Obviously +/- can be misleading. But he did have the highest +/- on the team and the highest +/- of anyone who played over 20 minutes on either team.

You'd say the +/- is not indicative here?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I missed the game. Just watched highlights.

But, reconstructing the pro-Edwards stat I just posted, Gobert played 35:30. The Wolves won those minutes by 9. They lost the 12:30 he sat by 17 points.

Obviously +/- can be misleading. But he did have the highest +/- on the team and the highest +/- of anyone who played over 20 minutes on either team.

You'd say the +/- is not indicative here?
Good point good question. I frequently use +/- when it benefits my argument but i also tend to use other coorbborating statistics. Its helpful to see player impact but its more helpful in seeing line up and rotation performances and how certain players play with certain players and lineups. I find it to more useful in an aggregate usage as opposed to single game use.

The season stats tell us Rudys impact is negligible on vs off the court and this series stats show us unequivocally that the Wolves play their best defense when was out. Watching the actual game tonite told me he was largely getting worked while providing little rim protection and doing alot of fouling. And every minute he logged tonite overlapped with Ant so that also skewed the +/- in his favor. So in this instance, i would say that +/- was absolutely misleading.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Good point good question. I frequently use +/- when it benefits my argument but i also tend to use other coorbborating statistics. Its helpful to see player impact but its more helpful in seeing line up and rotation performances and how certain players play with certain players and lineups. I find it to more useful in an aggregate usage as opposed to single game use.

The season stats tell us Rudys impact is negligible on vs off the court and this series stats show us unequivocally that the Wolves play their best defense when was out. Watching the actual game tonite told me he was largely getting worked while providing little rim protection and doing alot of fouling. And every minute he logged tonite overlapped with Ant so that also skewed the +/- in his favor. So in this instance, i would say that +/- was absolutely misleading.

Makes sense.