{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 NBA Champs Boston Celtics Boston vs Dallas (4-1) {~}

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Dray was and is a more integral and more important cog but Poole had better statistical performance. Kind of like Porter scoring more than Jokic tonite but Jokic still being the more important and better player.

That’s my whole point. Statistically-based basketball analysis leads to a gross elevation of offense over defense.

That’s why we have a DPOY but no OPOY. There should be an OPOY award. But there isn’t because that’s 95% of what is considered in choosing the MVP.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

“This is the equivalent of the Lakers giving Kobe $50M or so on his way into retirement. It’s why major stars want to play for the Lakers.”

I feel like this is something that gets repeated a lot with zero basis.

Kobe just got that deal about a decade ago… Who else has gotten a golden parachute retirement package? Is that what attracted Shaq to LA? I don’t think so…

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I am a Knicks fan... but damn.. Darvin Ham SUCKS as a Coach.
Jesus, he is awful.

His biggest problem is that he NEVER has any "sense of urgency". :smh:
He stands on the sidelines... with his hands in his pockets... just watching the game, like a damn spectator.

Nuggets made a big run in the 3rd quarter... he never took a timeout to stop their momentum. :smh:

Their offense is completely stagnant.

- Nobody cuts to the basket. :smh:
- Nobody ever sets any screens on the weakside, away from the ballhandler. :smh:
- Nobody goes backdoor. :smh:
- Nobody runs any set plays. :smh:
- Nobody tries to beat their man off the dribble. :smh:
- Nobody cuts the baseline, unless LeBron does it. :smh:
- Nobody ever sets (or runs off) a double screen. :smh:
- Nobody sets a 'pin down' screen at the elbow. :smh:

Everyone who is not dribbling the ball stands still (outside the 3-point line) just watching LeBron or AD go 1v5... waiting for the ball to get swung around the perimeter... so they can MISS corner jumpers. :smh:

Darvin doesn't INSIST that they drive to the bucket.
He's content with them just settling for missing jumpers.

Steph Curry is the BEST jump shooter in the entire history of the NBA... and that guy gets to the foul line at least 5x times per night.
Because he is not scared of contact... and he DRIVES to the basket... Constantly. :yes:

Meanwhile, the Lakers guards barely shoot just 2 free throws most nights.
Because they rarely ever DRIVE to the basket. :smh:

And Darvin Ham does absolutely nothing about that.

Has he ever gotten a Tech called on him?? :dunno: Has he ever YELLED at a ref?? :dunno:
Has he ever been fired up??? :dunno: About anything???

I have never seen Darvin ever "lose his composure" over a bad call. Not once. :dunno:

No sense of urgency. :smh:
No passion. :smh:
No 'will' to win. :smh:
Glad to see you're still around fam

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I think Draymond was 2nd most important to overall team success. But Poole was probably #2 performer.
All Steph needs is a dude who can also get his own shot lol

The bar is so low that's why the failure to take care of him and go all in is unbelievably glaring

I'll never forget everyone in the organization saying whatever you need to do ... get antman

And Bob Meyers said I'll take Wiseman because he knows Chinese

Malpractice long overdue exposure of a trash individual

Just disgusting

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
The fact that this can be somehow framed as an insult is hilarious.

"Last 4 seasons you won a title, had injuries and missed the postseason, made a conference finals, and lost in first round to defending champs! You stink!!"
The hate is hilarious, most teams in the league would kill for that have been their run since 2020

It is what it is, these cats spend all day, night and into the morning arguing about and hating on LeBron, all while he lays in satin sheets after setting up generational wealth, schools to help his own community, Hollywood productions, all while keeping his reputation clean and family intact.

Whites would never treat their own generational athletes this way.

It's the grossest part of all of this, I understand rooting for your team and not wanting the other team to beat you but the absolute joy that some "black" people get out of what they see as his failure and trying to take down his legacy and achievements is disgusting, Same people will talk shit about Stephen a Smith.(Which is much deserved but often the pot calling the kettle black)

All because he threatens their love of a man who wouldn't be caught dead taking a picture with them or their children and has zero people of color in his inner circle. Sad shit.

Fuck the kids. Lol

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I am a Knicks fan... but damn.. Darvin Ham SUCKS as a Coach.
Jesus, he is awful.

His biggest problem is that he NEVER has any "sense of urgency". :smh:
He stands on the sidelines... with his hands in his pockets... just watching the game, like a damn spectator.

Nuggets made a big run in the 3rd quarter... he never took a timeout to stop their momentum. :smh:

Their offense is completely stagnant.

- Nobody cuts to the basket. :smh:
- Nobody ever sets any screens on the weakside, away from the ballhandler. :smh:
- Nobody goes backdoor. :smh:
- Nobody runs any set plays. :smh:
- Nobody tries to beat their man off the dribble. :smh:
- Nobody cuts the baseline, unless LeBron does it. :smh:
- Nobody ever sets (or runs off) a double screen. :smh:
- Nobody sets a 'pin down' screen at the elbow. :smh:

Everyone who is not dribbling the ball stands still (outside the 3-point line) just watching LeBron or AD go 1v5... waiting for the ball to get swung around the perimeter... so they can MISS corner jumpers. :smh:

Darvin doesn't INSIST that they drive to the bucket.
He's content with them just settling for missing jumpers.

Steph Curry is the BEST jump shooter in the entire history of the NBA... and that guy gets to the foul line at least 5x times per night.
Because he is not scared of contact... and he DRIVES to the basket... Constantly. :yes:

Meanwhile, the Lakers guards barely shoot just 2 free throws most nights.
Because they rarely ever DRIVE to the basket. :smh:

And Darvin Ham does absolutely nothing about that.

Has he ever gotten a Tech called on him?? :dunno: Has he ever YELLED at a ref?? :dunno:
Has he ever been fired up??? :dunno: About anything???

I have never seen Darvin ever "lose his composure" over a bad call. Not once. :dunno:

No sense of urgency. :smh:
No passion. :smh:
No 'will' to win. :smh:
Couldn't have said it better myself, especially without using a bunch of foul language lol

He's truly a basketball terrorist.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
If 2024 Steph was 2022 Steph, the Warriors would probably still be playing. That doesn’t make me happy to say.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You kill me acting like these 4 titles were all Steph. Dude hit the lottery landing where he did. Top ten career, arguably top 5 but you lose me with this “nobody else mattered” bullshit.
You kill me talking to me about my team lol

Everything I say bears fruit
It's not NOBODY else matters
But it's hilarious how much everyone makes sure to make sure everyone else matters when it comes to Steph

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

“This is the equivalent of the Lakers giving Kobe $50M or so on his way into retirement. It’s why major stars want to play for the Lakers.”

I feel like this is something that gets repeated a lot with zero basis.

Kobe just got that deal about a decade ago… Who else has gotten a golden parachute retirement package? Is that what attracted Shaq to LA? I don’t think so…

It makes zero sense for the Lakers to draft Bronny after they were eliminated in the FIRST ROUND!!..smh

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Would another team be petty enough to draft Bronny first just to piss off Lebron and the Lakers? Lol.

He won't be mad if his son gets drafted. I doubt a team would do that tho. Klutch is powerful when it comes to players and that's something that could definitely come back to bite them down the road. Most teams have a Klutch athlete on their roster. BGOL doesn't really discuss the business side of the NBA so they don't realize the juice LeBron has with players, even ones coming in. Most posters think he's not respected. :lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

New York >>> Los Angeles

If Bronze doesn't retire, leave LA and go to NYC. Better more appreciative fans, better front office (sadly), and more upside. The stage is big enough for him. Let the Kobe stans have their team back bruh. You won them faggots a chip for Kobe, now they say it don't count but they count all of Tom Brady's "covid" rings and his "covid" win over MaHomes. AD is their max player and the stans will be fine with him. It's time. :yes:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Couldn't have said it better myself, especially without using a bunch of foul language lol

He's truly a basketball terrorist.

Let me introduce to this guy....

usa_today_17353637.jpg

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Kobe ran off Shaq from LA 20 years ago. Now his stans are gonna run Bron out of town in a month or so. Legendary moments in Laker history.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
My bad.... I misread the post. I thought he was saying something negative about ESPN.

You right. Jalen has always been a stand up dude.

So re-reading the post, sounds like he is calling SAS a coon. That right?!
I see now, yeah he's def talking about Stephen A cause of the Westbrook situation. The coon called the NBA to ask why Westbrook isn't suspended