}~~~> Official 2024/2025 NBA Thread<~~~{ (Load management)

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jayson Tatum lead his team to the NBA Championship over a bunch of NBA players, there's no way you can think he wasn't good enough to be on the court against foreign players. He had just won the NBA championship before the Olympics so there's no need to prove Kerr wrong

So who should have been benched, KD or Lebron :hmm:

and did you watch the games prior where he was shooting like shit....which is why he got with a shooting coach after...

I said in my other comment nobody should have benched, from what I remember TEAM USA has always had a starting five, rotate the players from the bench in and if the game is close in the 4th quarter they had a closing five. Tatum was benched the very first game of the Olympics so you can't say bad play got him benched, you come from winning the NBA championship to being benched because the coach claims he was looking at matchups and Tatum didn't fit, gotta be a lot of Celtics haters out here for people to be agreeing with Kerr

He wasn't benched until a couple of bad games. He was shooting like shit and doing too much taking bad shots that he does on the Celtics and not acting like he had four hall of famers on the court with him. It was noticeable.
I agree Tatum did shoot like shit, but for him to get benched and him not even sniffing the court is crazy.

And very disrespectful.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
He wasn't benched until a couple of bad games. He was shooting like shit and doing too much taking bad shots that he does on the Celtics and not acting like he had four hall of famers on the court with him. It was noticeable.
They played their first game of the Olympics against Serbia and Tatum didn't get any playing time.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I agree Tatum did shoot like shit, but for him to get benched and him not even sniffing the court is crazy.

And very disrespectful.

The games were competitive

Someone had to sit and KD and Lebron played a whole hell of a lot better than Tatum

On that team, who would sit? You can't say White, because it's a different position and he didn't play at times

So Haliburton, Tatum and White often got no or limited minutes

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yea we gotta stop rewriting history. Tatum was shit and playing behind guys discernibly better than him. Kerr was absolutely justified in benching him. Gold was won.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The games were competitive

Someone had to sit and KD and Lebron played a whole hell of a lot better than Tatum

On that team, who would sit? You can't say White, because it's a different position and he didn't play at times

So Haliburton, Tatum and White often got no or limited minutes
I feel you, but Kerr could’ve told his white ass to only take it to the basket or something.

Again, to get benched is crazy.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Yea we gotta stop rewriting history. Tatum was shit and playing behind guys discernibly better than him. Kerr was absolutely justified in benching him. Gold was won.

I'm confused, people are just following the leader with that shit man. The internet is good for making narratives. Poor Jayson Tatum. How dare Kerr bench him.

Tell me who was he supposed to play over instead of complaining about him not playing, because that's what it is.

He was playing with 10 hall of famers and Derrick White and Haliburton.