Official 2024 NFL Discussion Week 4!!!

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lowkey I wonder if the Haskins situation fucks with Justin Fields money. Ohio State has had a bunch of black QBs who either switched positions in the NFL (Pryor, Miller), or who were just not good (Haskins, Jones). And where is JT Barrett now? I like Fields but he needs to have a fantastic CFP and pro day to help separate him from the lineage of OSU NFL QBs.
I've thought about that too.
All it takes in the NFL is for one black QB from the same school and system who turns out to be a bust to fuck things up for every other black QB after him. Fields will still be a high draft pick just because there are not a lot of good college QBs available in this year's draft.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Man Haskins got fucked over....I never thought he was going to ball there but he got a head coach who never wanted him to begin with. But Haskins handled it wrong too.....that might be it for him in the NFL. They like their clipboard holders to be choir boys and film studiers.
At the beginning of the season I felt this way.

But any benefit of the doubt we gave him, he just crapped all over it. :smh:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Offensive linemen are not looked at the same way as QBs. Even if the other guy is a bigger bust, QB busts are always perceived to be worst.

If he doesn't get it together... Dude is going to be viewed as an ALL TIME BUST

He hasn't been able to beat dudes we pick up off the street for playing time

He is been on Covid reserve twice

He almost jumped out of a Window when caught at a TSU party

He played one snap on Special teams 4 weeks ago... got blown out of the water

He got into a car accident speeding down the highway ... When he just got off the covid list last time ..

Got arrested for a DUI

The team placed him on the reserve/non-football illness list (I didn't even know that designation existed before this year)

Oh and He will be forever known as this dude

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
White QB is going to get another shot.. but for a black qb .. sadly it's a wrap..

Johnny Manziel is probably the only white QB i can remember that got the NFL banishment treatment.

that is who I was thinking of exactly

OF COURSE a white QB gonna get the benefit of the doubt to infinity

But lets just say Haskins was WHITE and did ALL that?

remember this is during a pandemic (after all of Denver's WHITE QBS f*cked up and got heavily reprimanded but NOT CUT) the coach was recovering from cancer and he had a stripper party after a LOSS, the team owner and the team are under sexual harassment investigations and your not playing well, and not studying the playbook?

And all while we watching the live action Alex Smith Disney movie?

Cuz I think even a white QB from BYU would have got cut.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
If he doesn't get it together... Dude is going to be viewed as an ALL TIME BUST

He hasn't been able to beat dudes we pick up off the street for playing time

He is been on Covid reserve twice

He almost jumped out of a Window when caught at a TSU party

He played one snap on Special teams 4 weeks ago... got blown out of the water

He got into a car accident speeding down the highway ... When he just got off the covid list last time ..

Got arrested for a DUI

The team placed him on the reserve/non-football illness list (I didn't even know that designation existed before this year)

Oh and He will be forever known as this dude

Man what the fuck... Now I've got all kinds of extra problems

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I definitely feel like this is going to hit Justin Fields for the exact same reason..

the good thing for Fields is that.... He has a better Pro-styled game then either Miller or Pryor...

but Man.... I can't remember the last time a Ohio State qb had true success at QB in the Nfl.

How fucked up is it that Mike Tomczak might be the best one?

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I've thought about that too.
All it takes in the NFL is for one black QB from the same school and system who turns out to be a bust to fuck things up for every other black QB after him. Fields will still be a high draft pick just because there are not a lot of good college QBs available in this year's draft.

No one really lusts after Florida Gator qb's either till this Trask kid this year.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The defense is so predictable, they will leave the corners 9 to 10 yards off the receiver and send a blitz that doesn't have time because they refuse to jam the receivers.
--- It drives me nuts... but even when we do.. we still don't have the horses to reach the qb. We also blitz on obvious blitzing downs.. I think the big problem is how Vrabel calls defensive plays. Bowen... is in the box .. he sees the offense and gives vrabel the plays and then vrabel chooses the play to run.. then that play goes to the linebacker with the green dot on the field. That's just too many mutherfucking cooks in the kitchen. Vrabel says that he is involved in every defensive decision ...

And the thing that fucking kills me the most... You have Jim Haslett on the Staff.. A dude who has decades of DC and HC experience. Why isn't he in the booth calling plays. When we hired him this year.... My thought was well if Jim is up there ... we might be ok. But you have a dude up there now in Shane Bowen who has never fucking done this.

Also... Yeah I have no clue what is going on with Evans... but to be Honest it's the entire defense. No one seems to be communicating. Just look at Byard ... the last 4 years of his career my man was allowed to roam all over the field .... Now he looks like a free safety playing the Strong Nickel Safety role and you can tell that he is off. He is a second slow because he doesn't know what the other are doing.

...... Off all of the Free agents that we have coming up.. Jayon is priority number 1 ... You aren't going to find a inside linebacker who can play the pass like him in the draft. You put Jayon and David Long together and you have a fucking tandem. I just don't know how long David is going to hold up at his size but man I loved dude last year and I love him now.. He makes plays.

Whatever happens this year... I know one thing..

Vrabel is going to need to eat that fucking Crow and hire a DC.... and beg Dean Pees to come back in some kind of role. I don't care if the man is calling shit in from Home. We need him or at least someone from his coaching tree.

Remember in 2018 when Pees got rushed to tje hospital before the half during the Indianapolis game and Vrabel took over the defensive play calling. The defense folded. Vrabel is a shitty coordinator. Pees, Wade Phillips, we need someone with a good track record.

Theres no way there are so many players looking lost after playing at high levels for previous seasons.

Last edited:

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Dwyane Haskins cut by the Washington Football Team (usatoday.com)

NFC East News: Washington Football Team releases QB Dwayne Haskins before season finale against the Eagles
Dwayne-Haskins-Washington-Football-Team-released-Eagles-season-finale.jpg

The Washington Football Team will face the Eagles on Sunday Night Football with a chance to win the division and they’ll do without the services of quarterback Dwayne Haskins.

Ian Rapoport is reporting that Haskins has been waived by Washington after a tumultuous week that started with a viral photo of the quarterback maskless in a strip club.

Haskins was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft, 15th overall after finishing third in the Heisman Trophy race at Ohio State.
i spoke on this yesterday. Saw it coming. Not surprised. And i used to cape HARD for haskins. not anymore.

ikelove23

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nathan Petermn is still in the league as a backup. Haskins needs to talk to some vets and get his mind right. Spend January having fun vacation what not. Then cleanse that mess away come back in February and train.
The man skipping a mandatory presser after the game and left the stadium because he got benched

---- VY did something similar which lead to him getting cut.. but VY won games so he got one more chance...

I just don't see Haskins coming back from this one... If he just did the presser ..... I would have said definitely be with another team..

But man.. to do this right after saying you took responsibility and was immature for having a maskless stripper party.. No one is going to trust you.
he's going to need tony dungy to menator him and vouch for his change via michael vick.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
JJ name names. I dont see him on the team next year. Prob be a Steeler or Raven.

I mean that's a nice speech but JJ your team is ass bro.....all that doesn't matter if your team sucks... you got a coach that traded away the best wide receiver in football for a over the hill 30 year old running back, you could be picking top 5 but old coach traded away that pick to the fins....and truth be told JJs best years are probably behind him with all the injuries...nice speech but at the end of the day they just don't have talent outside of Watson

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Remember in 2018 when Pees got rushed to tje hospital before the half during the Indianapolis game and Vrabel took over the defensive play calling. The defense folded. Vrabel is a shitty coordinator. Pees, Wade Phillips, we need someone with a good track record.

Theres no way there are so many players looking lost after playing at high levels for previous seasons.

Dude is a legit great coach .... Like the team looks better under him.. but like you said.... He is an absolutely shitty DC. He was shitty in Houston and I bet 5 dollars he took on the DC duties cause he wanted people to see that his system works just like Pees system....

And he is FLAT WRONG!!!

Most coaches just cant call the plays and Coach at the same time ... Belichick is one of the best defensive minded coaches that I've seen and he stopped calling plays. You have to have someone whose only job is up there in the booth ... reading the trends of the other teams offense and you can't do that if you are also having to manage everything else on the team. It's just too much ..

One of the things that I loved in Vrabel's earlier years.... was him being able to coach up players on the sideline during the game and he isn't doing it this year because of all the shit that he is doing.

and like you said... there are too many players who are out there running around looking lost.

Last year ... Evans and Byard were two of our main pieces ...... and in year three.. Evans has completely regressed.

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Lowkey I wonder if the Haskins situation fucks with Justin Fields money. Ohio State has had a bunch of black QBs who either switched positions in the NFL (Pryor, Miller), or who were just not good (Haskins, Jones). And where is JT Barrett now? I like Fields but he needs to have a fantastic CFP and pro day to help separate him from the lineage of OSU NFL QBs.
Excellent point. GM's will definitely be leary.

xzArLo.jpg