Official 2024 NFL Discussion Week 2!!!

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Word.. but who is to say the pick(s), order, etc. would have all turned out the same way? The difference between one or two more wins in either direction, or one domino not falling in the process and things could have been different in ANOTHER way.

ex.: What if CAR had the pick, Tepper interfered and they passed on CW for May or someone?

Tough to call in hindsight.

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I didn't think they would do well because i wasn't sure if the O-line was going to be good, but they are making a believer out of me. bears gonna make some noise this year.
We'll see. The O-line is still a question mark but I'm a big believer in the team as a whole needing to play OFF of each other and make each other look good. No play is gonna be perfect, the OL has to do their part but you can't block perfect every play, forever. Fortunately, it looks like CW already has good enough pocket awareness to keep himself out of trouble and make the line look good too.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Word.. but who is to say the pick(s), order, etc. would have all turned out the same way? The difference between one or two more wins in either direction, or one domino not falling in the process and things could have been different in ANOTHER way.

ex.: What if CAR had the pic, Tepper interfered and they passed on CW for May or someone?

Tough to call in hindsight.

I didnt mind the move up, but Tepper put so much weight on Stroud's test score, i think he forced Reich to take bryce because he was "so smart"..from reports coming out at the time, Reich likes bigger QBs and he wanted stroud, but Tepper wanted bryce, so here we are

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I didnt mind the move up, but Tepper put so much weight on Stroud's test score, i think he forced Reich to take bryce because he was "so smart"..from reports coming out at the time, Reich likes bigger QBs and he wanted stroud, but Tepper wanted bryce, so here we are
My fault, I totally forgot about the Stroud vs. BY thing. I was thinking about all the folks saying "CW and DJ, etc. could've all been playing for CAR right now!!"

To be honest (and obviously I'm just a casual fan), I'd seen Stroud play a ton in college and knew how accurate he was, but wasn't automatically thinking "THIS dude's gonna tear up the League". I thought he could be good, but didn't know if he would win big. On the other hand, I think BY got a little more attention and lulled ppl into that "can't miss" mindset because he was shoved down our throats on TV every week as the Bama QB.

HOWEVER, the professionals should've known better, especially after seeing both guys go through all the pre-draft testing and measurables. CJ caught fire all through that and is still on fire. Situation matters a LOT too. Still a long way to go for both of them though.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My fault, I totally forgot about the Stroud vs. BY thing. I was thinking about all the folks saying "CW and DJ, etc. could've all been playing for CAR right now!!"

To be honest (and obviously I'm just a casual fan), I'd seen Stroud play a ton in college and knew how accurate he was, but wasn't automatically thinking "THIS dude's gonna tear up the League". I thought he could be good, but didn't know if he would win big. On the other hand, I think BY got a little more attention and lulled ppl into that "can't miss" mindset because he was shoved down our throats on TV every week as the Bama QB.

HOWEVER, the professionals should've known better, especially after seeing both guys go through all the pre-draft testing and measurables. CJ caught fire all through that and is still on fire. Situation matters a LOT too. Still a long way to go for both of them though.
Absolutely, i think Stroud got downplayed because of the negativity around OSU qbs, but all things being equal, i would have rather had Stroud, but i came around on Bryce and I still like him. He appears to have better weapons this year and should have a better line so we will see. Canales kinda reminds me of Matt Rhule with his "all positive, all the time" talk but i'm going to be watching the game tonight to hopefully see improvement even if BY doesn't play.