Ohio billionaire plans to take $20M sub to Titanic site to prove industry’s safer after OceanGate implosion

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

Let them die, I’m sick of stupid people, especially rich stupid people

Last edited:

husband73

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn’t he see what happened to the last group of muthafucka’s there down…. Ya know what… never mind… you like it … I love it

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
The bottom of oceans is fake, this is why NASA keeps blowing up submarines trying to go there, they know if you go to the bottom of the ocean you'll come up on the other side of the flat earth, where all the elit and the reptilians live.
Wait let me stop before idiots start believing this bullshit.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
The bottom of oceans is fake, this is why NASA keeps blowing up submarines trying to go there, they know if you go to the bottom of the ocean you'll come up on the other side of the flat earth, where all the elit and the reptilians live.
Wait let me stop before idiots start believing this bullshit.
Please do because you still got a lot of motherfuckers running around here thinking the Earth is flat

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Ohio billionaire Larry Connor plans to take $20M sub to Titanic site to prove industry’s safer after OceanGate implosion​

By
Social Links forNatalie O'Neill
Published May 27, 2024
Updated May 28, 2024, 7:06 a.m. ET

The pressure’s on.

An Ohio billionaire is planning to take a deep-sea submersible to Titanic depths to prove the industry is safer in the wake of the doomed OceanGate vessel that imploded last year.

Real estate investor Larry Connor, of Dayton, said he and Triton Submarines co-founder Patrick Lahey will plunge more than 12,400 feet (2.3 miles) to the shipwreck site in a two-person submersible.

“I want to show people worldwide that while the ocean is extremely powerful, it can be wonderful and enjoyable and really kind of life-changing if you go about it the right way,” Connor told the Wall Street Journal.

Real estate investor Larry Connor will plunge more than 12,400 feet to the Titanic shipwreck site. 6
Real estate investor Larry Connor will plunge more than 12,400 feet to the Titanic shipwreck site.The Connor Group / YouTube

Connor will accompany Triton Submarines co-founder Patrick Lahey, who built a $20 million vessel dubbed the Triton 4000/2 Abyssal Explorer. 6
Connor will accompany Triton Submarines co-founder Patrick Lahey, who built a $20 million vessel dubbed the Triton 4000/2 Abyssal Explorer.The Connor Group / YouTube

Lahey has designed a $20 million vessel dubbed the Triton 4000/2 Abyssal Explorer, which Connor said can carry out the voyage repeatedly.
“Patrick has been thinking about and designing this for over a decade. But we didn’t have the materials and technology,” Connor said. “You couldn’t have built this sub five years ago.”
The duo said they want to prove that the trek can be done without disaster — despite the implosion of the Titan submersible in June, which killed all five people on board, including OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush.
The Titan had been headed to the Titanic site when it suddenly had a “catastrophic implosion” on June 18.
A few days after the tragedy, Connor called Lahey and urged him to build a better sub.
Connor called Lahey after the OceanGate disaster and urged him to build a better sub. 6
Connor called Lahey after the OceanGate disaster and urged him to build a better sub.Ralph Krauss / YouTube
“[He said], you know, what we need to do is build a sub that can dive to [Titanic-level depths] repeatedly and safely and demonstrate to the world that you guys can do that, and that Titan was a contraption,’” Lahey told the paper.
Connor didn’t say when the voyage will take place.
The OceanGate sub imploded in June, killing all five people aboard. 6
The OceanGate sub imploded in June, killing all five people aboard.Becky Kagan Schott / OceanGate Expeditions
OceanGate sub 6
Critics said the OceanGate had questionable safety standards.OceanGate/ Facebook
Stockton Rush 6
OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush died during the deep-sea voyage.OceanGate
Lahey was among the critics in the deep-sea adventure industry who accused OceanGate of questionable safety standards, calling Rush’s approach “quite predatory.”

Industry experts and a whistleblowing employee had previously come forward with fears about the safety of the vessel — in part because OceanGate opted not to certify it through credible safety groups such as the American Bureau of Shipping and Det Norske Veritas in Europe.
Rush, billionaire explorer Hamish Harding, French Titanic expert Paul-Henri Nargeolet and Pakistani businessman Shahzada Dawood and his 19-year-old son, Sulaiman, died instantly when the Titan imploded under the pressure of the Atlantic Ocean.

veewee77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A lot of Billionaires have a god complex. It’s what makes them billionaires. I worked for a billionaire recently. He hired me as part of a team for a manufacturing start up. He was a literal sociopath! Sacrificed everything for his wealth. Even his family. He was a real piece of shit. Thought he could treat any and everyone however he wanted. He also thought he was never wrong and surrounded himself with yes men. He knew nothing about the subject matter of the project, yet wanted to run everything and make every decision. He single handily almost derailed the entire project. The board finally voted him off and we got a new CEO and things worked out. That evil sob died about 6 months after he was let go from a brain tumor.

This dumbass will meet the same fate as those other fools who built that homemade sub. I tell ya, you don’t have shit better to do with that money? How about helping some people? Damn! The arrogance of ignorance.

Last edited:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Is this the time for a billionaire to try to claim the seas? Our finest minds aren’t in engineering anymore. They’ve been in New York and Las Vegas making Fan Duel commercials.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't hold yur breath...waitin for that all black group of death defyin titanic tourists..