Pavel Durov the founder of Telegram, has been arrested in France for refusing to censor content…

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I wish I knew enough about Telegram to comment.

That's a good idea...& I just didn't want to jump on the bandwagon....

The anti-racism campaign group Hope Not Hate concluded that Telegram had become the “app of choice” for racists and violent extremists and “a cesspit of antisemitic content” with minimal moderation or effort from the app to curb extremist content.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The anti-racism campaign group Hope Not Hate concluded that Telegram had become the “app of choice” for racists and violent extremists and “a cesspit of antisemitic content” with minimal moderation or effort from the app to curb extremist content.

Whelp... I had a feeling

Preferred platform Russia right wing racist extremist white supremacists

What a surprise.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm gonna wait and see how this plays out. Interesting who is backing him

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Telegram is one of the last remaining communication appsthat have yet to surrender and succumbed to government pressure despite their many attempts.
If you value privacy, anonymity, and free speech, then this tool must not fall into the hands of the government.

Hmmmm....

Also seems to be being use be the wrong people specifically for that reason.

Which isn't really the creators fault.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Hmmmm....

Also seems to be being use be the wrong people specifically for that reason.

Which isn't really the creators fault.

Yep.

They are sending a clear message to others. It's the Silk Road all over again. I cannot be held responsible for what people do with my products. Imagine if someone used their Honda Accord to kill someone, and the government decided to punish their Honda directly because they made the vehicle that was used in the murder.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yep.

They are sending a clear message to others. It's the Silk Road all over again. I cannot be held responsible for what people do with my products. Imagine if someone used their Honda Accord to kill someone, and the government decided to punish their Honda directly because they made the vehicle that was used in the murder.
That place is a treasure trove.
It's the internet/intranet before censorship took place.

But you also have to admit this is being used for easily accessible easily facilitated easily mobilized easily organized EVIL

that just can't go unchecked

Can we agree on that?

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
But you also have to admit this is being used for easily accessible easily facilitated easily mobilized easily organized EVIL

that just can't go unchecked

Can we agree on that?

If that were why they arrested him, then it would make some sense, but they could be rebutted by the fact that other platforms are also allowed to serve as communication apps for wrongdoers. Twitter had more CP/Pedo shit on there before Elon prioritized cleaning it up. This was well known and the previous executives did nothing. That's the only good thing he did, really. Reddit is guilty of illegal trade and file sharing as well. IG is guilty of pedo shit. They went after Telegram because he refused to give them govt access to spy on the public. Governments are highly hypocritical and will do whatever it takes to gain more power to control the masses.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If that were why they arrested him, then it would make some sense, but they could be rebutted by the fact that other platforms are also allowed to serve as communication apps for wrongdoers. Twitter had more CP/Pedo shit on there before Elon prioritized cleaning it up. This was well known and the previous executives did nothing. That's the only good thing he did, really. Reddit is guilty of illegal trade and file sharing as well. IG is guilty of pedo shit. They went after Telegram because he refused to give them govt access to spy on the public. Governments are highly hypocritical and will do whatever it takes to gain more power to control the masses.

Not one single lie told

But when I saw Elon and RFK immediately jump to his defense?

Something felt off.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
How Telegram works:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39rBzRd4M0k&list=TLPQMjUwODIwMjTNje3BOBdWPQ&index=1