Philadelphia 76ers will have arena built in center city

Da Backshot Champ

Rising Star
Registered
Glad she didn't bow down to ching chong wing wong fing fongs. You want a chinktown, go the fuck back to chong chongland! You can have as many batfilled towns as you like.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I mean it makes sense, center city was dying since buinssses was closing down.

I'm glad they aren't going to jersey because they don't belong there.

Now with the arena built down center city, this will create more jobs and new businesses.

Chinatown tried to stop it but that shit FAILED.
Man parking is gonna be a fuckin mess though. If anything, I'd take the train. No way I'm driving down there. Howard Eskin gonna have a stroke over this. I'm tuning in Saturday morning. :roflmao2: :roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

r9e8FD.jpg

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
THIS RIGHT HERE @jawnswoop

Z7tS29.jpg
That's true about the parking but I didn't want them going to jersey and wells fargo arena is outdated besides the sixers don't want to be a tenant anymore.

I mean, i'm not mad at it, I understand the parking but that's the people who drive problem.

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I want to ride the new train anyway and that's better than driving.
True. They're gonna have to give a lot of overtime for police presence as well. Could be a budgeting issue for the city. Bottom line is the move to Jersey wasn't serious. That needed the league approval and that wasn't gonna happen. Nothing wrong with the Wells Fargo Center. No one complained about it. The only reason Harris wanted a new arena was for more money. He didn't wanna share concert events with Comcast Spectacor and the Flyers, who actually own the building. He wanted the money all for himself. He doesn't give a fuck about the city of Philadelphia or the people, fans. He just wants more money. That's why this was a bad move.

rgDbdB.jpg

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel bad for the Chinatown residents because this is about to be a nightmare for them, but I guess Parker said it was either disappointing them or pissing off the Sixers fanbase when they had to go to Camden to watch games. Downtown has been dead for years. They tried that revamped Gallery shit that flopped. Maybe this will inject some life into the area? I doubt it though.

I bet Septa was on her ass too. They'll probably make a grip since regional rail is right at 8th and Market. Was convenient for folks to come from out of the city since WFC is right off 95. Folks are most certainly gonna drive to a regional rail station, park, and take the train into the city. PPA is gonna make a grip too from anyone who does drive in and parks illegally.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
True. They're gonna have to give a lot of overtime for police presence as well. Could be a budgeting issue for the city. Bottom line is the move to Jersey wasn't serious. That needed the league approval and that wasn't gonna happen. Nothing wrong with the Wells Fargo Center. No one complained about it. The only reason Harris wanted a new arena was for more money. He didn't wanna share concert events with Comcast Spectacor and the Flyers, who actually own the building. He wanted the money all for himself. He doesn't give a fuck about the city of Philadelphia or the people, fans. He just wants more money. That's why this was a bad move.

rgDbdB.jpg
All these teams do is blackmail their respective cities into giving them more money

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor

rgDbdB.jpg
True but the wells fargo is outdated and its a hockey arena and the sixers can't have the schedules the way they want because they have hockey and other events at the wells fargo center.

Yeah, its all about money having a new arena but I don't think that matters too much because the sixers are worth a billion now compared to when he first brought the team.

I also see a WNBA team being in philly since the sixers have their own arena being built in center city

They have new EL gonna be there right around the time the sixers new arena is built.

More cops means a safer city and house values will go up as well.