Philadelphia 76ers will have arena built in center city

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
True but the wells fargo is outdated and its a hockey arena and the sixers can't have the schedules the way they want because they have hockey and other events at the wells fargo center.

Yeah, its all about money having a new arena but I don't think that matters too much because the sixers are worth a billion now compared to when he first brought the team.

I also see a WNBA team being in philly since the sixers have their own arena being built in center city

They have new EL gonna be there right around the time the sixers new arena is built.

More cops means a safer city and house values will go up as well.
Oh a WNBA team is definitely coming. Harris will own that as well. I just think he's a terrible greedy piece of shit who could care less about the city of Philadelphia

qi7oUb.jpg

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Oh a WNBA team is definitely coming. Harris will own that as well. I just think he's a terrible greedy piece of shit who could care less about the city of Philadelphia

qi7oUb.jpg
I mean they did spend money this season to make the sixers better.

But I do agree it's all about money with harris.

I just want to see this team win a championship before I die.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
True. They're gonna have to give a lot of overtime for police presence as well. Could be a budgeting issue for the city. Bottom line is the move to Jersey wasn't serious. That needed the league approval and that wasn't gonna happen. Nothing wrong with the Wells Fargo Center. No one complained about it. The only reason Harris wanted a new arena was for more money. He didn't wanna share concert events with Comcast Spectacor and the Flyers, who actually own the building. He wanted the money all for himself. He doesn't give a fuck about the city of Philadelphia or the people, fans. He just wants more money. That's why this was a bad move.

rgDbdB.jpg
every decision made in america is ultimately about making more money. as to which end of that equation you are on, well that is what determines whether you mad or glad. right now for instance, chinatown is mad. but the city's budget, if managed right after this, will be glad.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
That chinatown is a filthy mess of a neighborhood but their food is fucking great. And that little store with the cakes and desserts? Man listen.

My objection is they should find some dollars to make Sigma Studios a TSOP museum. It's literally a few blocks away and all it is is a warehouse with a little plaque across the street. Considering the talent and magic that went on in there you'd think they'd do better.

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
1. When did Philly get a female mayor?

2. Where in Center City do they think they can put an arena? It looks like there's gonna be a lot of demolition in that area to fit it in.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
1. When did Philly get a female mayor?

2. Where in Center City do they think they can put an arena? It looks like there's gonna be a lot of demolition in that area to fit it in.
The gallery which is now called the first district mall is where the arena gonna built at after they demolish part of that mall and the bus terminal will be demolish as well to create enough space to build that arena in center city.

Philly had a black female mayor since last year in a half. She's been here for a while now.

digital530

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man parking is gonna be a fuckin mess though. If anything, I'd take the train. No way I'm driving down there. Howard Eskin gonna have a stroke over this. I'm tuning in Saturday morning. :roflmao2: :roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

r9e8FD.jpg
Man I just don't see it should just kept it in south philly I say get rid of Xfinity live

tanks1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this make no sense....Sixers play 40 home games...15 more if they get to finals......50 concerts (tops)....50 other events....it will have to compete with wells fargo for acts.....so, building will sit empty for over 100 days?

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
this make no sense....Sixers play 40 home games...15 more if they get to finals......50 concerts (tops)....50 other events....it will have to compete with wells fargo for acts.....so, building will sit empty for over 100 days?
You forgot WNBA because they still would be busy until the regular season begins for the NBA.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
wnba plays 40 games....that's 20 days at home...if we get a team
There's plenty things to do to keep that arena busy with events especially in the summer. Let's not forget the election which could be used as well.

I believe the arena will have plenty of options to keep things being busy throughout the year from winter to summer.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think she gives ah fuck since she's already sworn in.

So, she was gonna approve this because that's where the money is compared to chinatown which is smaller and don't bring in the kind of money like sports.
4 years go fast....unless she dont intend to be mayor that long...

ny1800

Rising Star
Registered
Good, keep the Sixers right in Philly. That was about to be wild having the Sixers in Camden are you shittin me.....Muthafuckaz would've been getting jacked nightly. And these Chinese muthafuckaz need to stay out of it. I bet niggaz can't go anywhere in China and build an arena or have any say so in their politics.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Imagine if the owners of the Barclays center and the bk nets thought the same way when thinking about competing with Madison square garden.. yet how many things have they hosted from concerts, tours, award shows, etc.. madison square garden was the big dog yet the Barclays/ nets carved out a 10 fig biz out of creating their own stadium

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Imagine if the owners of the Barclays center and the bk nets thought the same way when thinking about competing with Madison square garden.. yet how many things have they hosted from concerts, tours, award shows, etc.. madison square garden was the big dog yet the Barclays/ nets carved out a 10 fig biz out of creating their own stadium
CAN't really compare new york market to any other market. New york is always going to have a strong market, win, lose or empty. its new york.