Poor Jasmine Guy...let's talk about aging!

Lola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AOL/TMZ has her featured today on what they look like "all grown up" Of course the comments are brutal. I feel sorry for her. It's apparent that her genes have made her age faster, not anything due to her lifestyle, as she was a fit dancer back in her day and she seemed to promote health.

Now that I'm 39 and no longer a twentysomething, I have to admit I think of aging more now. I still look good, but it is weird to see yourself getting older.

How do you ladies feel about growing older? Black women always seem to have a more healthier view of it and it sure helps that we age much better than our white counterparts.

Poor Jasmine..look at the comments and pics...

http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/04/a-different-worlds-jasmine-guy-memba-her/

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
I actually am obsessive about it.

I'm constantly lotioning up to keep my skin tight. One of the reasons why I opted for the lace wigs is because I'm starting to gray. I just don't want to see it.

And I'm always listening, watching or reading anything from Dr. Oz. In fact, I'm going to buy his book about aging and living longer today.

Textiles

Star
Registered
jasmineguy397_222.jpg

You could see it in this pic as well..

I don't know why she hasn't aged well but when I look at Thelma from good times whose like 53, I know it can be done.

I'm a youngin' but still, can't take life for granted.

lilsexii

Potential Star
OG Investor
Yeah - I replied to this on the other board too.

She's 45 years old, she has lupus. It doesn't look like she's had cosmetic surgery and that's respectable to me...but there are rumors that she's an alcoholic, too. That would make anybody look bad :smh:

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
She's 45 years old, she has lupus. It doesn't look like she's had cosmetic surgery and that's respectable to me...but there are rumors that she's an alcoholic, too. That would make anybody look bad.

Wow!! People love to read a lot of shit into a photograph. This is a remarkable woman who runs a dance school for disadvantaged kids (she was an Alvin Ailey dancer at 17) and still works regularly on TV and doing voice-overs. She got married late in life (age 36) and has been raising her child. She looks exactly as she SHOULD look 20 years after her TV show. She was never a real beauty (though she had a great body), and her face was always hard-featured. She looked older even when she was just 25. No difference now, 'cept for the passage of time which has accentuated the hard angles. No evidence that she's an "alcoholic" either.

:smh:

She looked just fine last week. Better than ever.

Jasmine and Nichelle Nichols

Jasmine and Nichelle

Jasmine and Nichelle

Jasmine and Nichelle

Jasmine

Last edited:

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
I actually am obsessive about it.

I'm constantly lotioning up to keep my skin tight. One of the reasons why I opted for the lace wigs is because I'm starting to gray. I just don't want to see it.

And I'm always listening, watching or reading anything from Dr. Oz. In fact, I'm going to buy his book about aging and living longer today.

You need to check Dr. Nicholas Perricone. He wrote The Wrinkle Cure. I keep trying to tell yall its all in what you eat. When you eat, think alkaline. :yes:
http://www.nvperriconemd.com/

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
You need to check Dr. Nicholas Perricone. He wrote The Wrinkle Cure. I keep trying to tell yall its all in what you eat. When you eat, think alkaline. :yes:
http://www.nvperriconemd.com/

Jasmine has been sick and that will wear on you. I have to agree with bi-girl. I notice a HUGE difference in the aging skin quality of people that have a high fruit/vegetable/fiber consumption and exercise . I haven't read Perricone's book bi, might pick it up.

Also black folks don't wear sunscreen. Rays still are harmful- on the regular everyday I might or might not put it on but definitely during the summer and high glare winter days I do. Shame because I really like looking extra chocolate chocolate in the summer, but I have gotten sunburn before and it is not cute.

I think some of it is genetic as well. My mom has few wrinkles and looks very youthful. I still get carded sometimes.

I think the only times it concerns me is I don't want to adopt that "well I'm old now fuck it" mentality I hear some older women express .Otherwise every year every smile line is a blessing because tommorrow is not promised.

HoneyBerry

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
She is not young any more. She doesn't look bad to me though. Just an older version of herself (I never thought she was beautiful before anyway). I can't wait to get into my 50s. My mother is in her early 50s, and she's still a dime. Still got a figure. Her mother looked great until she passed away and was still working in her 70s. My dad's mom also is still alive and strong. I love my genes! :yes:

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Poor Denzel. Damn, he looks like hell compared to 20 years ago. What happened?.

:smh:

denzel23.jpg

StElsewhereS1.jpg

TWENTY YEARS, is what happened, LOL. Everyone must remember, you were either a kid or just becoming an adult when these peoples careers kicked off. They were already adults, thus now, they are even OLDER adults. I know, it gets me to sometimes but I just remember I started watching these people in the 80's...the 80's yall. It is d*mn near '08. Father time can be a b!tch.:smh:

thighsneyez22

Back for the First Time
BGOL Investor
I guess its all about genes too because look at this woman who she is with...

DSC_0075.JPG

The gray hair and the weight tells me she is older than Ms. Guy, but the face surely does not.

SuperGenius

Star
Registered
Yeah - I replied to this on the other board too.

She's 45 years old, she has lupus. It doesn't look like she's had cosmetic surgery and that's respectable to me...but there are rumors that she's an alcoholic, too. That would make anybody look bad :smh:

c/s with the alcohol, smoking, not getting the proper rest, poor diet, constant stress, and sunbathing are also contributing factors as to why people age faster.....didn't know she has lupus though. Hope she beats it....

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
I guess its all about genes too because look at this woman who she is with...

DSC_0075.JPG

The gray hair and the weight tells me she is older than Ms. Guy, but the face surely does not.

that's nichelle nichols, lt. uhura from the old star trek episodes before she passed.

deezchocnuts4ru

Potential Star
Registered
Yo. Jasmine has less melonin in her skin and subsequently is more susceptible to wrinkling, sunspots, skin cancer etc. Also, in recent years she just hadn't looked healthy. Too thin. If she has lupus that doesn't help either because it is an auto-immune desease which effects all kinds of shit in your body. Of course, there is no cure for Lupus but it can be managed. With all that, I'd still hit it :lol::lol: Peace.

buck_ya_bitch

Star
Registered
This is a warning for all the color struck brothers out there...:lol::lol::lol:

remember

black don't crack
except if you light skin..............:lol::lol::lol:

Iron Man

Rising Star
Registered
She was really an older women in her late 20's playing the part of young college adult on Different World, back in the day.