Prince really couldn't sing

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
I was jamming Diamonds and pearls earlier and I started thinking to my self..."Shit Prince really couldn't fucking sing". I am a big Prince fan cause the boyb was a musically genius but to keep it real, fam just couldn't sing! This is not a troll thread I am dead serious!

Do y'all thing Prince had real singing chops?

Keep shit 100 too!

rage

International
International Member
I was jamming Diamonds and pearls earlier and I started thinking to my self..."Shit Prince really couldn't fucking sing". I am a big Prince fan cause the boyb was a musically genius but to keep it real, fam just couldn't sing! This is not a troll thread I am dead serious!

Do y'all thing Prince had real singing chops?

Keep shit 100 too!
Vocal range?
Maybe not but he could sing enough for someone who was proficient in dancing,guitar playing and other instruments.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
hqdefault.jpg

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

BGOL Investor
Prince had a very distinguished voice that catered perfectly to his songs.. Matter of fact its almost impossible for another singer to sing his songs better than he sings them..
Here is a perfect example of a Prince song, that no one other than Prince would be able to sing..

Naw man his voice sounds terrible azd now I understand why he always had some wierdo ass bitch doing background vocals on the majority of his songs.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Noone can, I agree with you on that one.
Well to me that is the mark of a great singer... Remember great singers may not be the best singers but its a combination of their voice, cadence, timing and style that makes them great... For example Sade has a great voice and is a great singer in spite of her having average vocals...

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

BGOL Investor
Well to me that is the mark of a great singer... Remember great singers may not be the best singers but its a combination of their voice, cadence, timing and style that makes them great... For example Sade has a great voice and is a great singer in spite of her having average vocals...
I agree with you...I put it like this...Prince was an amazing artist...his voice was unique but bro can not be classified as a singer in my book.

crackheadlou

Rising Star
Registered
FUCK EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD THAT SAYS THIS ICON COULD NOT SING, AND A SPECIAL FUCK YOU IF YOU IN THE CURRENT ERA OF "SINGERS" FROM NOW TILL ABOUT UMMMM let's say 2000 (with a few exceptions) there!! that should cover just about everyone from Jeremih to Destiny's child. If Prince couldn't sing the civil rights movement never happened, Trayvon Martin was running down a quiet street Florida street one night shooting a sig thru random peoples windows when he encounters a defenseless citizen named George and the two hottest R&B singers at the moment that are not even TRYING TO BE R&B singers are a white male AND female from Britain and one of them is openly gay....wait that last one was true, shit don't get me started this entire generation is fucking lost. Nuff said.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

BGOL Investor
FUCK EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD THAT SAYS THIS ICON COULD NOT SING, AND A SPECIAL FUCK YOU IF YOU IN THE CURRENT ERA OF "SINGERS" FROM NOW TILL ABOUT UMMMM let's say 2000 (with a few exceptions) there!! that should cover just about everyone from Jeremih to Destiny's child. If Prince couldn't sing the civil rights movement never happened, Trayvon Martin was running down a quiet street Florida street one night shooting a sig thru random peoples windows when he encounters a defenseless citizen named George and the two hottest R&B singers at the moment that are not even TRYING TO BE R&B singers are a white male AND female from Britain and one of them is openly gay....wait that last one was true, shit don't get me started this entire generation is fucking lost. Nuff said.
Stay off that pipe Boi!

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
To me, this shit sounds like hot garbage.
Well you try singing that song or better yet try to find a singer who can sing it better... Better yet try finding someone who can sing Purple rain better, bet you anything you cant.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Neither could Jimi Hendrix

When you are a god on the guitar and make good music, no one gives a shit if you can sing.

like Bob Dylan as well, prince vocals STYLE isnt a crooner type everyone dont have to be a marvin/luther type singer, theres many styles to singing. those folks are vocal stylists not vocal powerhouses, why most vocalists arent really good songwriters either