Reggie Jackson keeping it 100!

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just wish he would have come out publicly about the racial abuse he suffered forty years ago when he was at the height of his popularity.
With his platform him telling the world how it is would have helped in the fight for civil rights greatly. That said I'm glad he exposed the bullshit, albeit years too late. :hmm:

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I always liked Reggie and this was one of the reasons. I never got that dishonest feeling from him and he kept it a buck on TV.

I wish I could agree. I remember his "it's all about me" diva attitude and actions, an opinion of him btw shared by many of his teammates at every stop on his professional career. Now much of that may have been the result of jealousy but it can't be denied that humility never stopped Reggie from promoting Reggie first and foremost. But to be fair, I'm glad he talked about all the racial shit he had to endure, just wish he had done it many years ago when it would have helped other black ballplayers going through the same shit.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I wish I could agree. I remember his "it's all about me" diva attitude and actions, an opinion of him btw shared by many of his teammates at every stop on his professional career. Now much of that may have been the result of jealousy but it can't be denied that humility never stopped Reggie from promoting Reggie first and foremost. But to be fair, I'm glad he talked about all the racial shit he had to endure, just wish he had done it many years ago when it would have helped other black ballplayers going through the same shit.. :rolleyes:
When slavery was going on a slave didn’t have to discuss about what he was going through to other slaves cause they all were going through the same bullshit. But 57 yrs later or like 40 yrs after slavery was officially over they may have to explain their atrocities to the new nigs that had no idea of that craziness.. in 67 when his career started all black people in that era new about the mistreatment from cacs but the new nigs of 2024 have no idea what that 67 life was about cause they never had to go through that bullshit

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When slavery was going on a slave didn’t have to discuss about what he was going through to other slaves cause they all were going through the same bullshit. But 57 yrs later or like 40 yrs after slavery was officially over they may have to explain their atrocities to the new nigs that had no idea of that craziness.. in 67 when his career started all black people in that era new about the mistreatment from cacs but the new nigs of 2024 have no idea what that 67 life was about cause they never had to go through that bullshit

Your right back then he didn't have to talk black people the atrocities being committed against them because they already knew but white people didn't or say they didn't. That is why he should have spoken up more vigorously then to force white people to acknowledge the bullshit going on and not being able to hide behind "we didn't know". Reggie publicly speaking about it now while welcomed would have been more valuable had he done it then and I suspect he didn't because he didn't want to out there on that limb by himself; either that or he was afraid of the inevitable repercussions that comes from speaking out. :hmm:

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Your right back then he didn't have to talk black people the atrocities being committed against them because they already knew but white people didn't or say they didn't. That is why he should have spoken up more vigorously then to force white people to acknowledge the bullshit going on and not being able to hide behind "we didn't know". Reggie publicly speaking about it now while welcomed would have been more valuable had he done it then. :hmm:
So do you think slave masters And cacs didn’t know what was happening to black people during slavery? So you think cacs didn’t know what racism was going on in 67 being that they were part of pushing it? I guess you believe jerry jones was just curious in that pic with all them racist cacs were trying to stop them black kids from entering that school… you believe In the jerry jones effect “ I didn’t know what was going on I was just curious “

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So do you think slave masters And cacs didn’t know what was happening to black people during slavery? So you think cacs didn’t know what racism was going on in 67 being that they were part of pushing it? I guess you believe jerry jones was just curious in that pic with all them racist cacs were trying to stop them black kids from entering that school… you believe In the jerry jones effect “ I didn’t know what was going on I was just curious “

Of course they knew but many feigned ignorance. That's the point. The push for civil rights was gathering steam and Reggie speaking out and exposing the shit he was enduring at the hands of white people and institutional racism at that time would have been much more valuable to the cause than recalling and talking about it now. Don't misunderstand, I'm not slamming him for coming late to the party as it were; like I said before, while appreciated now it would have been more helpful had he done it in his prime when he had the stage to not be ignored.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Checkout his documentary "Reggie" I think after watching that if you already haven't some of those thought might change a bit. Some of how he came off was a result of how he was treated in baseball. When he was with the A's the owner was a racist asshole who devalued him & wouldn't pay him. Had he tried to come out with his in his playing days that would have more than likely tried to blackball him.